• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Moon, Great mod! I have been using it since the beginning. Since 8.0 (that I have noticed) Google Calendar will not sync. Killing the account and clearing data from the app does nothing. Any ideas or is that outside the scope of what you have been changing?
Thanks for all the good work!

I don't have any issues with calendar sync on 8.0. Do you get an error message? Did you perform a full wipe before installing (system, data, cache, dalvik)?

I don't have any issues with calendar sync on 8.0. Do you get an error message? Did you perform a full wipe before installing (system, data, cache, dalvik)?
Wish there were more detail. Had no idea it wasn't syncing for days until I happened to look at the Google account's sync settings. "Sync calendar" (and "Sync Internet") have a sync error designation and show "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly".

Didn't know I had to wipe data prior to the 8.0 install; cache/davlik cache is always wiped. I believe I had only done a data/system wipe once since Conquest was named (because it was a documented requirement). Any easy way to restore widgets/screen config after apps are restored? That dreaded hour of sitting down just to move around icons and set navigation widgets is unnerving.

Before all that try signing out of your Google account then sign back in

I'm having trouble with Google Calendar too. I don't think there is a way to sign out of google. Also tried a search of the problem, they say to find calendar storage in app management but its not there on my phone. Also, calendar is not listed under google account sync. Any ideas?

Have already deleted account and re-added multiple times. How does one sign out?

By deleting and re-adding account.

I'm having trouble with Google Calendar too. I don't think there is a way to sign out of google. Also tried a search of the problem, they say to find calendar storage in app management but its not there on my phone. Also, calendar is not listed under google account sync. Any ideas?

From FAQs, item #2:

Q: I installed the latest full release, but I decided not to wipe system, data, cache, and/or dalvik-cache. Why isn't feature xyz working?
A:
Full release may change the location of certain files (settings, apps, etc.). It is strongly recommended that you wipe System, Data, Cache, and Dalvik-cache before installing a new full release. This should not be necessary with update releases unless otherwise specified.

I have no problems with calendar sync after wiping the above partitions and installing the ROM.
-----------------------------------

AOSP Blue theme updated to 1.1 in preparation for upcoming new theme.

New theme released: Stock TouchWiz Theme. This will revert most UI elements back to a stock TouchWiz look and feel. If you have applied the AOSP orange theme, please download and apply the latest AOSP blue theme prior to installing the TouchWiz theme.

In case anyone else has this issue, I wiped the "Calendar Store" via Titanium Backup and everything is now working... Saves me a hours of resetting everything. Thanks for the ideas everyone.

video player wont out the box after 8.2, and the calendar wont launch

edit, i fixed the video player with the 2 missing libs
still lost on calendar:/ wont open

SecCalendar_NAmerica wont launch, i cleared its data and the storage one:/ help please?
am i missing libs? should i try restoring another copy of it?

Not a complaint, just a note- I had a similar experience with SOME of the Google Apps installed via AROMA. Music and Sound Search both broke when installing via AROMA. It may be related to the Calendar issue that Sully was having. I had to uninstall/reinstall the apps.

I'm also on 8.1 and need to get 8.2 but so far its working in every way :S

video player wont out the box after 8.2, and the calendar wont launch

edit, i fixed the video player with the 2 missing libs
still lost on calendar:/ wont open

SecCalendar_NAmerica wont launch, i cleared its data and the storage one:/ help please?
am i missing libs? should i try restoring another copy of it?

Thought I fixed the video player (used TeachMe's fix from the victorious thread), but I may have forgotten to put the files in the ZIP after I cleaned out the libs folder. I'll look into that, thanks.

As for TouchWiz Calendar, after a quick glance through a logcat and the smali code, this appears to be related to what I had to do to enable ink effect. I think I have a fix fore it, testing now. I'll push it up in 8.3 once I get it figured out.

EDIT: TouchWiz Calendar fixed. Look for 8.3 later today (this will also have the video player fix again, sorry for the mix-up).

Not a complaint, just a note- I had a similar experience with SOME of the Google Apps installed via AROMA. Music and Sound Search both broke when installing via AROMA. It may be related to the Calendar issue that Sully was having. I had to uninstall/reinstall the apps.

I'm also on 8.1 and need to get 8.2 but so far its working in every way :S

Looking into it... did you wipe system and data prior to installing Plutonium? With Plutonium, the installer will put most apps as user apps instead of system apps whereas older releases put most of them as system apps. This can cause a duplicate installation of the same app (sometimes an older version) and can cause conflicts. A lot of app-specific libs were also removed as a result of this.

I think I'm going to remove a bunch of the Google Apps from the installer package in the interest of simplifying the install/support process. The apps are all readily available on the Play Store anyway. :-)

EDIT: From a fresh install, Google Play Music seems to work fine for me. It did take a little bit before the side-bar would open, but I attribute that to slow 3G speed (I didn't bother to open WiFi). Once the sync process finished, though, it worked fine, even played music from my cloud. Sound Search is definitely broken though. I'm not sure what's going on there.

EDIT 2: SoundSearch crashing due to a missing lib. Fixed for 8.3. Zipping and testing now.

moonknightus said:
From a fresh install, Google Play Music seems to work fine for me. It did take a little bit before the side-bar would open, but I attribute that to slow 3G speed (I didn't bother to open WiFi).

After reading this I tried Play using WiFi and it worked fine. It was the first time running for a while and it took a little time downloading the cover art. Understandable as I have just a shade over 8,000 songs uploaded so far.

10/30/2013: Plutonium/8.3
  • Fixed TouchWiz Calendar
  • Fixed TouchWiz Video Player
  • Fixed SoundSearch when pre-installed from 8.0
  • Applied tweaks and updated version number in build.prop
  • Fixed terminal emulator
(If using a custom theme, please re-apply it after installing this update)

--------------

I have also updated/rearranged the OP and 2nd post for easier readability. Instructions have been expanded and details added. Hopefully this will clear up confusion as to when to wipe/not to wipe/etc. If you didn't read/follow the instructions before installing, expect bugs. Just sayin'.

Further, don't ask questions without reading the FAQ section first. I won't answer support questions that have been answered in the O.P. (although others here are a little more lenient than I am).

yea, i am finally trying conquest.
you fixed it(: yay..
but now bluetooth is broken):
i even try applying the bluetooth fix): still no bluetooth:/
what should i do to get bt working again?

and ,moon, i would like us to be on the good side, i would like to be a frienbd? i am hoping we can start some things over between us? please? this is a great rom, doesn't force you to any app(:

Moon: I didn't do that the first time and after repeated bootloops, crashes, and instability, did the second time XP That's what happened the second time I did. It works wonderfully though and they can easily be removed/reinstalled to fix it. My Play Music app booted but just never loaded my music collection until I reinstalled it, though it may have just been slow 3G.

@comps- try TeachMe's Bluetooth fix in post 2. I didn't need it so am not sure 100% how it works.

yea, i am finally trying conquest.
you fixed it(: yay..
but now bluetooth is broken):
i even try applying the bluetooth fix): still no bluetooth:/
what should i do to get bt working again?

and ,moon, i would like us to be on the good side, i would like to be a frienbd? i am hoping we can start some things over between us? please? this is a great rom, doesn't force you to any app(:

Confirmed bluetooth won't turn on even with bluetooth fix. No issues before installing 8.3

8.3 doesn't change anything related to Bluetooth. Bluetooth works fine on my phone with a clean install from 8.0+8.3 applied on top. Have you installed any of the themes? Can you get a logcat and post it so I can read through it? Since Bluetooth is functioning on my phone, the only way I can diagnose the problem would be for someone to put up a logcat for me to read through.

There are a couple of different ways to capture a logcat. aLogCat and CatLog on the Play Store are good ones, or if you have ADB installed on a computer, enable USB Debugging (in developer options) and from a command prompt on the PC, type "adb logcat > bluetooth.txt" then try enabling bluetooth, wait a few seconds, then on the PC hit CTRL+C and upload the resulting "bluetooth.txt" file here.

in order for the bluetooth fix to work you must have busybox installed.
https://db.tt/PdTTclXD is the one i use . Install it first and then flash bluetooth fix you can do this with only one reboot . i have busybox installed and my original bluetooth fix is still working fine on 8.3 any issues let me know.

in order for the bluetooth fix to work you must have busybox installed.
https://db.tt/PdTTclXD is the one i use . Install it first and then flash bluetooth fix you can do this with only one reboot . i have busybox installed and my original bluetooth fix is still working fine on 8.3 any issues let me know.

busybox is preinstalled...

Perhaps the version I have pre-installed is older. I'll look into integrating a newer version into the ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom