• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root voodoo5 kernels are here

So a couple of days ago in my boredom/flash-happiness I installed Blackhole without disabling Voodoo. I wanted to kick myself as soon as I did it, but it ended up booting up fine and I haven't had a problem. Can you just flash ROMs over this new Voodoo?

yes, as long as they dont package kernels...which none do currently....jt did up to 0.5 and skywalker did on the first dj05 versions...drod doesnt on rubiks yet

Upvote 0
Sweet! New Voodoo really is kinder and gentler
Sure is I cannot tell you how many times I've disabled and the re-enabled vooodoo is the past two week [7-9 times maybe]. Each time has been flawless.
What a difference it makes having less stuff on the internal. Voodoo used to take 8-10minutes to convert with 500+mb of data with less than 200 its like 2-3 minutes, nice.

Upvote 0
We"ll the good as not so bad news is that I was able to run OTB_sv_1300 and no freezes, but didn't really use it more than ten minutes. The not so good news is that my experience was that is was slower than the sv 1250. Dunno if its the kernel or my SF.
Don't really care either. Was going to keep the sv1250 on but I guess the old OC computer days tells me to take it easy and don't go burning out the CPU prematurely. So I am running the sv 1200 and it is smooth as silk and extremely fast with no hiccups at all. Very happy camper here. Now can we please bring on the froyo leak for goodness sakes. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
We"ll the good as not so bad news is that I was able to run OTB_sv_1300 and no freezes, but didn't really use it more than ten minutes. The not so good news is that my experience was that is was slower than the sv 1250. Dunno if its the kernel or my SF.
Don't really care either. Was going to keep the sv1250 on but I guess the old OC computer days tells me to take it easy and don't go burning out the CPU prematurely. So I am running the sv 1200 and it is smooth as silk and extremely fast with no hiccups at all. Very happy camper here. Now can we please bring on the froyo leak for goodness sakes. :rolleyes:
yeah thats prudent might even try the lv fwiw

Reactions: dan409
Upvote 0

yeah sometimes faster kernels just run slower....every phone is different and sometimes it just works out that way...see if you can run lv 1200 though...battery is obviously better ;)

Reactions: dan409
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones