• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well, lets get the ball rolling

His roms stable very stable so I really wouldn't care if he stopped OV development. Especially since TDM has quattrimus under his belt :D

Here is the deal

Stock Virgin Mobile firmware tot file: (May still be uploading at this time)
Download VM696ZV4 P61007 tot zip from MirrorStack

Once someone can provide the tools, or a way to flash this tot file, so users can restore to stock, I will post root.

I am not an LG user, I have never had an LG phone, nor do I know how to get the LG flashing utilities working. I can not assist in flashing the tot, I just don't know enough about LG nor Windows to do it. Get it done so I know users can restore, and I will post it.

Here is the deal

Once someone can provide the tools, or a way to flash this tot file, so users can restore to stock, I will post root.

I am not an LG user, I have never had an LG phone, nor do I know how to get the LG flashing utilities working. I can not assist in flashing the tot, I just don't know enough about LG nor Windows to do it. Get it done so I know users can restore, and I will post it.

So you already have a working root?

That firmware is the same on all Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite phones? I've helped friends jailbreak Apple products but first time Android user here and never tried rooting either. And installing custom firmware on PSPs, you had to have a backup of the system and be sure to never lose it, your backup only works on your PSP and if it's gone that's pretty much the end of that PSP. But I guess that doesn't apply to Android devices?

Here is the deal

I believe you are looking for LGNPST maybe I am wrong but this says it is LG's programming tool and can flash firmwares.

How-to: LGNPST - LG Programming Ap - Flashing Firmware Tutorial

That firmware is the same on all Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Elite phones? I've helped friends jailbreak Apple products but first time Android user here and never tried rooting either. And installing custom firmware on PSPs, you had to have a backup of the system and be sure to never lose it, your backup only works on your PSP and if it's gone that's pretty much the end of that PSP. But I guess that doesn't apply to Android devices?

No real need to backup the original FW on Android. The FW is the same across the board on the spacific brand/make/model of phone. There are only small variants with the carrier usually. Rooting an Android device unlocks all the stuff that "big bad corporate" doesn't want just anyone messing with.

Here is the deal

Do you know how the tot file is compiled? If so, can it be decompressed and altered?

Do you know how the tot file is compiled? If so, can it be decompressed and altered?

Yes it can be unpacked.

Altering it can be problematic and cause bricks. Don't suggest doing it unless you are certain, and can spare the device.

So you already have a working root?

Correct, but a potential for "soft bricks" (fixable ones) exist. I want a confirmed way to flash the provided tot, once done I will provide my part.

I don't have the device, so I can't play with restoring the firmware.

It's not recognizing my phone even though I just download the drivers and all :P

ALSO I don't think it is possible to use this without the .dll file. MAYBE it is but im not that experienced with it :P
Anyway I have to go for now, im out for the count today, maybe tonight, but that will be about 7 hours. and Im just "trying" random things and praying that I don't brink it

ALSO I don't think it is possible to use this without the .dll file. MAYBE it is but im not that experienced with it :P
Anyway I have to go for now, im out for the count today, maybe tonight, but that will be about 7 hours. and Im just "trying" random things and praying that I don't brink it

I don't have this dll, hoping a way to flash exists without it or someone can provide it.

I'm trying to flash with the tot file jcase gave us, but it comes up with this signature verification error. Anybody know how to bypass the need for a digital signature?

Here is the LGNPST tool and instructions for the LG Revolution
4/1/12- FIX ANY PHONE! ALL LG Revolution VS910 Firmware V4,V6,V7,V8 W/ Instructions - xda-developers

Here is the tot for the VirginMobile version of the LG Optimus Elite

and here is a patched dll that might work
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8699733/elite/VM696.dll

This is my first version of the patched dll.

It might work, it might not work.

Out comes if it doesn't? I don't know, could just not work, could brick.

It could require more changes to make it work properly, I just don't know. I will take NO responsibility if this damages your phone.

Back
Top Bottom