• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well, lets get the ball rolling

As a developer, than you understand the reasons root access is generally bad for the consumer. It would be very irresponsible for LG to make it easy.

I know, although I am not really a developer. not to mention I did say that it would be dumb for them to hand it to me. I was just joking :)

I would rather not see this device on XDA, due to all the issues that come with XDA (its like a blessing with a virus). I've been a member there for quite some time, but I use the get in - get out attitude there. I doubt this device will take off like wild fire due to the anticipated release of the Evo for VM.

@jcase didn't you say you needed a system dump? there is one

I have a system dump of the VirginMobile one, I would like I system dump of the sprint variant.

As far as need, I need a full firmware copy, I have a root that has been reproducable on several recent LG phones, but I need a tot file (like and RUU or SBF) of the firmware to do it

Well it sounds like we almost are there. We got the download mode going, JCase was working on it, but he needs a library file from a friend he knows, should have it tonight. Then I believe JCase can go BLEEP BLOOOP BLOP on my phone and have root. at least that's what he said.

Hey. Just joined to say thanks and to keep up the good work. I am excited to see what evolves for this device and appreciate the efforts being put forward.

I'm now following this thread. I bought the OE today, and I like it better than my OV.

But... I really need some rootabeggas. I'll be foolin' with my arduino and OE soon, but I really need some rootabeggas. Please, can you spare one rootabegga and one ice cream sammich?

Thanks for the food. nom nom

I'm now following this thread. I bought the OE today, and I like it better than my OV.

But... I really need some rootabeggas. I'll be foolin' with my arduino and OE soon, but I really need some rootabeggas. Please, can you spare one rootabegga and one ice cream sammich?

Thanks for the food. nom nom

Lol, almost there, jcase is doing great getting there. :)

Looks like by the time I get mine in a month we should have root, recovery and hopefully a kind dev working on a ROM. Just want to say thanks to jcase and everyone else working on this.

Back
Top Bottom