• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well, lets get the ball rolling

how would you get a legit signature on it?

Thats where I'm stuck at the moment. Recovery keeps blowing me out due to signature failures. I tried cheating a bit with some OP-V sigs, but no bueno there either. I may have to build a ROM from source -- or a recovery using the ls696 sources. The blocks should be in the same locale, and I may get a valid signature at the end, but my CM7 source will get tanked doing so. I'm off to bed, so I will try to mess with it more tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully, I can get somewhere with it.

how would you get a legit signature on it?

sign it with lg's private key :)

really guys you dont have access to fastboot (unless they drastically changed from the connect etc). you cant flash anything via recovery, you need a vulnerability in the software itself in order to gain escalated privileges and then with that you can install superuser and start to flash recoveries/kernels etc etc.

your best shots right now is helping jcase, and possibly rageagainstthecage... by all rights it shouldnt work however its how the lg viper was rooted :/

I just got root on the ICS leak for the LG Spectrum, which sould work on this phone but I need the stock firmware, the tot file or whatever.

If you have sprint or LG contacts, please hit them up.

edit* found second root in the LG Spectrum ICS leak, if you have teamview setup, or ssh and are willing to let me test please add jcase@cunninglogic.com to gtalk and give me access

Often exploits will affect several phones in a go.

(LG Spectrum on ics not the elite)
tshg0.jpg

I just got root on the ICS leak for the LG Spectrum, which sould work on this phone but I need the stock firmware, the tot file or whatever.

If you have sprint or LG contacts, please hit them up.

edit* found second root in the LG Spectrum ICS leak, if you have teamview setup, or ssh and are willing to let me test please add jcase@cunninglogic.com to gtalk and give me access

Often exploits will affect several phones in a go.

(LG Spectrum on ics not the elite)
tshg0.jpg

Im away til tomorrow night., hopefully someone can hook you up before then.

Im away til tomorrow night., hopefully someone can hook you up before then.

I'll wait for you, hit me on gtalk.

Pop'd 3 on the spectrum tonight, hoping they work on this phone too.

I will be sitting on them until ICS OTAs on the spectrum, so if the do it will be a few weeks before I make them public.

sign it with lg's private key :)

really guys you dont have access to fastboot (unless they drastically changed from the connect etc). you cant flash anything via recovery, you need a vulnerability in the software itself in order to gain escalated privileges and then with that you can install superuser and start to flash recoveries/kernels etc etc.

your best shots right now is helping jcase, and possibly rageagainstthecage... by all rights it shouldnt work however its how the lg viper was rooted :/

No rageagainstthecage is a horrible bet :P

Rageagainstthecage was patched in 2.3.4, if it is working in 2.3.7 device, then they are not really 2.3.7 and LG is going to get in hot water for violating Google policies.

So if the device is 2.3.7, rage is a horrible bet. Looks like the viper may just be a hybrid

Edit* no looks like LG is just full of idiots and they reintroduced it.

So does that mean they may have included the same exploit on the elite?

I have SDK set up on my linux machine, not in my path, because Idk how to do that with linux and I still need help with setting up ssh on linux. also I have windows set up with ssh and sdk ready :P

LG Optimus Elite doesnt have the vulnerability allowing for rage, nor does it have some of the ones I found on the spectrum last night.

but it does have one of them, however I need the complete firmware (I believe it's a .tot file) for the device. Sprint / LG source would be your best bet. If someone comes up with it please contact me.

LG Optimus Elite doesnt have the vulnerability allowing for rage, nor does it have some of the ones I found on the spectrum last night.

but it does have one of them, however I need the complete firmware (I believe it's a .tot file) for the device. Sprint / LG source would be your best bet. If someone comes up with it please contact me.

When you say source, you mean this correct?

Open Source Detail

can anybody tell me how to pull the firmware off of my Lg optimus elite virgin mobile? Would that be usable for what you guys need?

No, it doesnt scan for possible exploit paths, it simply checks for proper root or links you to guides

From what I noticed it only tells you where the "important" directories are.
I wish rooting this was a lot easier lol almost thought of calling up LG and being like "look I'm a developer, you're a developer. we are all one of the same, help a brother out." and praying that they are dumb and hand it up, or don't care :P

From what I noticed it only tells you where the "important" directories are.
I wish rooting this was a lot easier lol almost thought of calling up LG and being like "look I'm a developer, you're a developer. we are all one of the same, help a brother out." and praying that they are dumb and hand it up, or don't care :P

As a developer, than you understand the reasons root access is generally bad for the consumer. It would be very irresponsible for LG to make it easy.

Thanks for the link. I knew about the one for the Elite which for now only lists to some generic resources, nothing that is a break yet like is shown for the M+ which is almost the same phone, but it is 800MHZ and doesn't have NFC and maybe a couple other differences.

Either way, it seems to be a less popular phone, but already is rooted.

Thanks!

You're very welcome. Just trying to help out somewhat if I can.

I've seen JerryScript posted in here about maybe helping us get root for this thing. That'd be awesome! Maybe he can give LeslieAnn, BobZ or any other fantastic devs a nudge too!

If anyone is interested in getting an official XDA forum started since there is none and it might help at getting noticed for further development, you can go here and put in a request for the Mods to take notice:
*** New Device Forum Requests *** - xda-developers

Back
Top Bottom