• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Well, lets get the ball rolling

I can't get it to see the OE at all. I've added all the DLLs in the right spots and installed drivers, it just wont see the phone.

I can't get it to see the OE at all. I've added all the DLLs in the right spots and installed drivers, it just wont see the phone.

Make sure you have the drivers installed,

unplug phone, power phone off completely, hold volume + and volume - then plug phone in, should kick into "emergency" or download mode.

That is likely where you want to be for it to show up

Okay, LGNPST is seeing the phone, but it requesting a phonebook recovery file. it has the extension .csv. There is one that came with the download, but it wont let me use it.

I edited the file that came with it into one that could be written and not just read, then plugged it into the program and this is what I came up with.
I'm sorry, I'm not a dumb ass, I promise. I just don't have much experience in this area. I've only ever developed jailbreaks for iOS.

Attachments

• recovery.jpg
    recovery.jpg
    708 KB · Views: 126
I edited the file that came with it into one that could be written and not just read, then plugged it into the program and this is what I came up with.
I'm sorry, I'm not a dumb ass, I promise. I just don't have much experience in this area. I've only ever developed jailbreaks for iOS.

I'm sure no one blames you, nice try though, probably more then I could come up with

It didnt have the option to. I tried to click on other things but it wouldn't let me. The only option there was recovery, nothing else was clickable.

It wont. I've got it installed right now with my OE plugged in. It wont let you select a tot, it will only let you select a Bin. I wonder what would happened if i just renamed the tot file to a bin and then used it...

It wont. I've got it installed right now with my OE plugged in. It wont let you select a tot, it will only let you select a Bin. I wonder what would happened if i just renamed the tot file to a bin and then used it...

you need to do this:

A.) Yes you can, VERY EASILY. You must first change the menu. To do this click (Tool) at the top menu. Click (Show Only Old UI). You will notice the upgrade tab will switch from asking for a .CAB file to a .BIN file. Just click on the little folder icon and change the FILE TYPE to .TOT, then select your .TOT file. No need for having to do any hacks or *.* or using the WRONG method to update the device.

BTW I am actively watching this forum because I love computers too much to leave even though my gf is screaming at me :)

Both Hashtag and I have the same issue, i dont know if he has the old UI option selected, but i do and there is no .tot option. I think the guide is referening to a phone not in emergency mode. Also, it wont take the .dll jcase provided.

I understand what you're saying, but the option just isnt there.

Attachments

• no tot file.jpg
    no tot file.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 85
If I just changed the extension on the tot file to be a bin file, and then used that instead, would it brick my OE?

You take the .dll file that jcase gave us, and put it in C:LG Electronics/LGNPST/Models. Then right click on it and choose register. If the register option isnt there or it doesnt work, then open up another window and go to C:windows/system32 and fine the file called regsvr32.exe and drag the .dll file on top of it and it will do it automatically. But as to the Com4 and Com3, im not sure O.o

You take the .dll file that jcase gave us, and put it in C:LG Electronics/LGNPST/Models. Then right click on it and choose register. If the register option isnt there or it doesnt work, then open up another window and go to C:windows/system32 and fine the file called regsvr32.exe and drag the .dll file on top of it and it will do it automatically. But as to the Com4 and Com3, im not sure O.o

I don't think anything is wrong with the com thing, like there is no difference maybe depending on the port you came in from. 5039 or w.e it is and stuff like that

don't change the name, just type * and press enter and that will allow you to choose the .tot file

Thank you! I wasn't pressing enter, but then I did and I was able to load the tot file. I'm about to start it up, is there anything else I should check? I'm kinda scared...lol

Back
Top Bottom