• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what is the diff between asop roms and sens roms

mikemike1234

Android Enthusiast
i read somewere the diff between the asop roms and the sens roms however i cant find that thread can any one help me .

aosp stands for android open source project. it is pure android without any of the phone's manufacturer's added touch to it. for htc it is sense for motorolla it is blur and so forth.

so for the evo aosp roms do not have sense to it. in other words it does not have the sense launcher and any of the widgets associated wit sense. on aosp roms you will need to find a launcher of your choice. i really like go launcher myself. it is very smooth and very customizable.

also you will need to flash a custom kernel designed for aosp, if you do not like the one that comes with the rom.

Think of it like this

Sense, Blur, Someotherstupidname, yada, yadayada, would be:

Cadillac - A Car with nice features. Very Pleasing to look at. Highly functional but not very customizable.

AOSP -
Any car that can be cranked and driven with out all the "Features" (Power steering, Air Conditioning.) However you can add them later. so its Highly Functional and Highly Customizable.

Think of it like this

Sense, Blur, Someotherstupidname, yada, yadayada, would be:

Cadillac - A Car with nice features. Very Pleasing to look at. Highly functional but not very customizable.

AOSP -
Any car that can be cranked and driven with out all the "Features" (Power steering, Air Conditioning.) However you can add them later. so its Highly Functional and Highly Customizable.

Yeah....aosp is the Jeep of android!

i read somewere the diff between the asop roms and the sens roms however i cant find that thread can any one help me .

One thing to keep in mind, if you flash a Sprint Rom more than likely, everything will work. 4G, ffc, camera, video camera, GPS...

If you decide to flash an AOSP rom, more than likely, some things will not work or never will work. Fixes likely will have to be flashed like GPS drivers, camera fixes.....

k so what you all are saying if i understand correctly is like the

out of box sprint evo 4g g/b 2.35 which one is that

or sent i been rooted and was told to flash the mikmike3.1 what one is that

If you want a break down of which rom is AOSP or Sense based check out either this ROM wiki over on xda
HTC Evo/ROMs - XDA-Developers
This isn't quite up-to-date and could do with a bit of spring clean.

This website is updated regularly and gives a break down of all current/active roms, and tells you if they contain Sense or not.

HTC EVO 4G Android

If you're looking for supported ROM then use the second link, and regards to a good stable ROM, there is Mik3.11, but I'd suggest giving Digitalkarma's 7.77 Sense 1.0. Fully functioning with a Sense 4.0 theme. Very nice!

Our rom and kernel download Page is broken down into sense and aosp as well. Admittedly it is hard to keep current when trying to provide support as well.

Stock ROM & MikG are both sense based

that makes it a sens then i guess is what i am asking

i mean is it teh fact like sent i have the mike3.11 now is ti the sent the part that when i lock my phone and go back to the lock screen it has that ring with the 4 icons on it or is it men by sens somthign eles

and what is a aokp

is there a guide on the forum that has this broken down and talked about the diff between them

Aosp is pure Google. Sense is htcs overlay in order to try to distinguish its products from other manufacturers. Aosp roms look very different from sense ones.

Aokp is the name of an AOSP rom.

Stock ROM & MikG are both sense based

that makes it a sens then i guess is what i am asking

i mean is it teh fact like sent i have the mike3.11 now is ti the sent the part that when i lock my phone and go back to the lock screen it has that ring with the 4 icons on it or is it men by sens somthign eles

and what is a aokp

is there a guide on the forum that has this broken down and talked about the diff between them

Mik3.11 is a Sense Hybrid ROM in that it has features from other versions of Sense.
the OG is originally Sense 1.0. The Mik is a Sense 2.1/3.0 hybrid, isn't it?? That's why it has the Sense 3.0 ring lockscreen.

AOKP like Cyanogen, as Rxpert said, is a custom ROM based off of AOSP, the pure Google experience. However they have been tweaked for performance and have the ability to be customized with different themes and other modifications.

Totally agree on the flashing aspect. Having a nandroid backup allows us to try out all these brilliant, different ROMs and if we don't like them then we can flash back to our tried and tested.

Good morning Robo! Little off topic here...how is your rom coming?

Good morning/evening!!
Slowly!!:p

Life has been a bit hectic the past couple of weeks. Just finished moving house, so now hopefully I can spend some time on trying to improve it, and eventually I will try a make a version that can be used by Sprint users...gotta make sure its good for me main users though! Youse have so much choice I'm jealous :p

I posted a looky at here in this forum

I'd give (almost) anything for a Deck's Reloaded that worked properly over here!

Good morning/evening!!
Slowly!!:p

Life has been a bit hectic the past couple of weeks. Just finished moving house, so now hopefully I can spend some time on trying to improve it, and eventually I will try a make a version that can be used by Sprint users...gotta make sure its good for me main users though! Youse have so much choice I'm jealous :p

I posted a looky at here in this forum

I'd give (almost) anything for a Deck's Reloaded that worked properly over here!

I'll ship you my phone with decks reloaded! After I upgrade of course:D then you can bask in the glory of the best rom ever! IMO. (Where is an icon for "rubbing it in")jk:p

Edit: I still envy your rom making ability tho

I'll ship you my phone with decks reloaded! After I upgrade of course:D then you can bask in the glory of the best rom ever! IMO. (Where is an icon for "rubbing it in")jk:p

Edit: I still envy your rom making ability tho

Just our WiMAX is incompatible. If I knew how to replace the WiMAX keys, and other files I'd be all over it!:smokingsomb: Alas...

Thanks

Decks reloaded is the shit! The op needs to try that one if he's curious about aosp, how was that not mentioned? No fixes need to go into it just flash and enjoy. And even enjoy flashing because aroma is dope too.

Decks reloaded is the shit! The op needs to try that one if he's curious about aosp, how was that not mentioned? No fixes need to go into it just flash and enjoy. And even enjoy flashing because aroma is dope too.
It was probably mentioned to him in other threads.
Check out all his posts. He went thru "H" trying to root his and his wife's phones.:p

Back
Top Bottom