• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What was your first ROM?

An UrgeTo Dance

The Hero of the Winds
Okay first off I would like to say I took this idea from the Warm 2.3 thread :p

This is a simple thread just post your first ROM and if you want post a link to download it. (I want some old school ROMs that I deleted :D )

My first was MikFroyo (4.2 I think) with netarchy's awesome kernel that everyone loved but most new rooters probably don't even know what it is lol.

My First ROM was Sprints Default ROM. :p It Sucked :( and there for I ROOTED :eek: and moved on to other ROMS :D I think the First ROM I flashed after rooting was Virus Gegersense or it was Virus Kingdom ROM to be honest it escapes me now I just remember it was a Virus ROM :D It was kewl and I was glad to find out that I could remove apps that I didn't need

Myn's Warm 2.2, every release up to RLS5. I remember the night i flashed it, i was in awe by seeing how much things changed by flashing a ROM. It was literally like having a completely new Evo. Then i flashed Netarchy's SBC kernel and OMG, have never seen a better ROM/kernel combo work that well for me. I then tried Mik's Froyo, King's something or other, then MIUI. Due to various reasons with other ROM's, i always defaulted back to Myn's. Been looking forward to a similar Warm ROM release since (hoping Myn makes a Sense 3.0 version as rumored).

Seems that Warm 2.2 and Mikfroyo 4.x were some of the most popular ROMs.

Myn's Warm 2.2, every release up to RLS5. I remember the night i flashed it, i was in awe by seeing how much things changed by flashing a ROM. It was literally like having a completely new Evo. Then i flashed Netarchy's SBC kernel and OMG, have never seen a better ROM/kernel combo work that well for me. I then tried Mik's Froyo, King's something or other, then MIUI. Due to various reasons with other ROM's, i always defaulted back to Myn's. Been looking forward to a similar Warm ROM release since (hoping Myn makes a Sense 3.0 version as rumored).

Warm 2.3 came out just recently. Myn didn't make it but he helped, I'm pretty sure Myn has either moved on from developing or has moved to a different phone.

Seems that Warm 2.2 and Mikfroyo 4.x were some of the most popular ROMs.

Warm 2.3 came out just recently. Myn didn't make it but he helped, I'm pretty sure Myn has either moved on from developing or has moved to a different phone.

He has a different phone now from what i hear, but he did help with the Warm 2.3. It's a Sense 3.5 ROM though, but rumor has it (somewhere in that thread on XDA) that they may be making a true 3.0 version also.

He has a different phone now from what i hear, but he did help with the Warm 2.3. It's a Sense 3.5 ROM though, but rumor has it (somewhere in that thread on XDA) that they may be making a true 3.0 version also.

oh lol I haven't run a Sense ROM in a while and haven't really paid attention to them so I figured it was whatever the best version of Sense was since it has been in the top 5 threads in the Evo section of XDA since it came out lol

I hope they restart it and roll with 3.0. 3.5 just isnt meant to be for now.
Well Miks sense 3.0 is great the only bug I found in it is the camers flash and flashlight wont work when the 4G radio is on But thats it. I know what u mean tho it seems the development on them has stoped.

Mik3D also doesnt get nearly the same amount of update support as MikG does. If it did it would probably be my daily.

You know I personally kind of hope Mik spends more time helping Root with one of the Sense 3.5 betas -- I have had much better luck with Sense 3.5 (Energy) in terms of lack of lag and performance (and icon/widget sizes that fit our screen) than any Sense 3.0. (I actually finally broke down and bought a pny 16gb class 10 sd card so I could partition it and have enough space to run these 3.5 ROMs without sacrificing apps).

Also, back on topic, I didn't realize we were talking about our first flash on any device, then my answer changes to Liquidsense on the Hero. :)

I ran stock for a while, then i Rooted and ran the Sprint stock rom for a while.

The very first time i ran a actual custom ROM was CM 7.1 on October, and i have used it ever since.....

Just a few days ago i flashed JaredTheGreat's ICS 4.0.3 and am currently on that

So far, CM 7.1 has been rock solid for me and will call it the best until CM9 is out properly

Back
Top Bottom