• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's the weather like where you are?

@olbriar on his bike

Pee Wee Herman Bicycle GIF
Given Pee Wee's track record, not sure this is a good thing :goofydroid:

Big snow falls were fairly common when I was a kid. Snowfalls over a foot are rare now for some reason. Yesterday's snow was the biggest snow fall we've had in a decade or more. Some places close to me received around a foot of snow. I'm guessing only around eight inches of snow here. Not a show stopper amount but enough to make a mess of travel.

First snow fall we ever had this early morning, my sister's puppy got me up at six a.m... wow though, I was in doors most of today. Just massive chill about mid 30s.

Not bad 51 today. I'm impressed with the weather app that came on my Pixel 8. In the past the weather on Pixel phones was pretty crappy. Never really used it in the past.

googleweather.png

It was soggy all day here. Almost eight tents fell over night and basically it misted another two tenths through the day. 1.04" total of much needed moisture in all. I'll take the gloomy and boggy for we needed the rain.

It's pretty much crummy winter weather here. Surprise surprise. :) It's currently just over freezing with a strong North wind. It warmed into the mid to upper fifties yesterday but not today. Today's forecast has the high temperature at 49°.

Not bad 51 today. I'm impressed with the weather app that came on my Pixel 8. In the past the weather on Pixel phones was pretty crappy. Never really used it in the past.

View attachment 170102
A lot of apps today are trending towards neuomorphism or glassmorphism. The new Bing app does similar, as well as specific elements of my new Galaxy Watch 6. I hope it's a sign of a trending back towards that era and not a teaser. Even my Z Flip 4 got some kind of update that shows a beautiful forest wallpaper on the cover display, where it only showed a bare minimum of time/date and notification dots prior.

It's always up and down in Kentucky. One day or two will be low 20s, the next two mid-to-upper 50s. No wonder I get sick during Winter. Barometer might as well be a Geiger Counter the way the needle flicks back and forth. Ironically our strongest severe weather (and I ain't talkin' snow, but tornadoes, severe t-storms) happen the most during winter, rather than Spring/Summer. January 2000 we had an EF3 tornado hit, and a couple of years ago Mayfield, KY got obliterated by a tornado during December.

It was a dreary day today. It rained over night and stayed damp and gloomy all day. The temperature got into the low fifties and is now in the low forties with 99% humidity.

Rain is how we can spend 3 weeks of winter. Cloudy and rain. We can go as much as a month without seeing the sun shining this time of year.

That's exactly what it's like now. Warm but dark and depressing. When it is sunny, it's a joke, as while it looks inviting from inside the house, go outside and it's 10 degrees F with a 40 mph NW wind gust.

But the weather can do a complete 180 over and over over a few days. It's quite crazy this time of year.

It is actually half decent today. It started out overcast and the typical gloom that is normal this time of year. Now the sun is out, there is very little wind, and the temps are in the mid forties. A huge improvement over the doom and gloom of the past few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom