• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which of the Sense 2.1/3.0 ROMs is the fastest and most stable?

mikg, evolvedroms shifted rom, king alliance roms are great sense2.1+sense3.0 roms. im on virus'skingdom rom right now and i must say that it is great. im loving sense all over again. however, with these new roms we only have the stock kernel to go with them. i can't wait for the source code for the stock kernel to be released so that the devs can start working up some custom kernels for these bad babies.

Upvote 0
mikg, evolvedroms shifted rom, king alliance roms are great sense2.1+sense3.0 roms. im on virus'skingdom rom right now and i must say that it is great. im loving sense all over again. however, with these new roms we only have the stock kernel to go with them. i can't wait for the source code for the stock kernel to be released so that the devs can start working up some custom kernels for these bad babies.

Wait, I forgot the baloney sandwich. Which one has that? JK. Perhaps I'll stick with CM7 as I know it well and have purchased the necessary widgets to make it sense like. At least until there are kernels for sense roms...

Just out of curiosity, what kind of battery life can one expect with CM7 on a E4G? I don't use any social apps and 4G is spotty so I probably wouldn't use it. I leave 3G on all day. The only things syncing are gmail, weather, and calendar....

Upvote 0
mikg 1.03 here and I see no reason to mess with perfection...

Until something better comes out that is. ;)

1.04 is just a slighlty more improved 1.03... More internal space.. but nothing new in feature set.

Mikg 2.xx is going to drop soon and will have some major memory improvements. The beta may drop tonight and will be more based off of the OTA ... stay tuned ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
1.04 is just a slighlty more improved 1.03... More internal space.. but nothing new in feature set.

Mikg 2.xx is going to drop soon and will have some major memory improvements. The beta may drop tonight and will be more based off of the OTA ... stay tuned ;)

Keep in mind that to get that extra space he removed several things. 1.03 was more stable and more complete

Upvote 0
Keep in mind that to get that extra space he removed several things. 1.03 was more stable and more complete

I know he removed the symlinks but I thought that was an improvement. Been Running 1.04 since he released it. 1.03 is still on my wife's phones. Honestly can't tell the difference. And I can't find any stability issues on 1.04

All good on my end :)

Upvote 0

I tried Kings 6.3. I didn't have any experience setting up an SD card for an EXT2 partition so that was a trial and error until I got it right. Once done, I installed it and it looks phenomenal, but the tiny font was too much for my eyes. One running there were frequent lags and I realized my SD card is the speed of a wounded snail. So.... I ordered a class 6 Transcend 8 gig from Amazon and will give it another whirl.

I did Mik's current 2.0 and it is stellar... not EXT2 needed but he has set up his most recent build to take advantage of that, I believe.

I am currently playing with CM7 N107 and have installed Launcher Pro Plus and Beautiful Widgets to get the most sense-like experience I could. I installed Tiamat's 4.0.5 kernel and Viperboys script set at -75mv. The phone is fast and furious and battery life is quite good... I also have custom screen brightness settings which have made a huge improvement as well. The phone has been on for about 5 hours and I've been modifying settings including flashing a couple of items and I'm at 81% left...

Hopefully soon there will be kernels for Sense!

Upvote 0
I tried Kings 6.3. I didn't have any experience setting up an SD card for an EXT2 partition so that was a trial and error until I got it right. Once done, I installed it and it looks phenomenal, but the tiny font was too much for my eyes. One running there were frequent lags and I realized my SD card is the speed of a wounded snail. So.... I ordered a class 6 Transcend 8 gig from Amazon and will give it another whirl.

I did Mik's current 2.0 and it is stellar... not EXT2 needed but he has set up his most recent build to take advantage of that, I believe.

I am currently playing with CM7 N107 and have installed Launcher Pro Plus and Beautiful Widgets to get the most sense-like experience I could. I installed Tiamat's 4.0.5 kernel and Viperboys script set at -75mv. The phone is fast and furious and battery life is quite good... I also have custom screen brightness settings which have made a huge improvement as well. The phone has been on for about 5 hours and I've been modifying settings including flashing a couple of items and I'm at 81% left...

Hopefully soon there will be kernels for Sense!

Speed of a wounded snail made me LOL.

I use a stock class 4 card and yes it could be faster but its not horrible. Not having to use a partition is always best. If you can have enough room without it then great it will read the internal much faster than it will an external ss.

I imagine they are making them ext3 capable actually, why not? its an upgrade from ext2...virtually the same just faster...did you convert your ext2 to ext3? I have read you can do it without losing your data and you should be able to i just never tried.

we have plenty of kernels for sense, just for 2.2 froyo :) not 2.3 gb sense :(.

Upvote 0
Flashed Mik2.1 this morning. Damn, I love Sense 2+... I really would like to see a 2.3 kernel that can be undervolted. I would also like to see a screen brightness tweak like is found in CM7. Setting the screen brightness levels really conserves battery enormously... I don't know what the stock "sleep" is, but I believe I read 384mHz.

That said, Mik 2.1 is running very smoothly for me. No issues so far. I am now using Amon to flash and calukin's format all to be sure I start fresh every time...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones