• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

which phone did you before the android craz.

Everyone is soooo set on getting the evo. What is sooo great about this phone. Most places in the U.S. wont even have 4g capability. So other than getting 4g once its available, whats so great compared to the android phones that are out now?

Did you even take a look at the specs on that thing?
 
Everyone is soooo set on getting the evo. What is sooo great about this phone. Most places in the U.S. wont even have 4g capability. So other than getting 4g once its available, whats so great compared to the android phones that are out now?
Did you even take a look at the specs on that thing?

I sincerely doubt he did.

I, for one, am very excited about the EVO as well. My last phone before my hero was a Samsung Moment, but I could not wait to get rid of it. I love the Hero. Before that I had the Touch Pro 2, but with WinMo about ready to be done with, I was eagerly ready to make the jump to Android.
 
Everyone is soooo set on getting the evo. What is sooo great about this phone. Most places in the U.S. wont even have 4g capability. So other than getting 4g once its available, whats so great compared to the android phones that are out now?

I could careless about 4G although I live in the heart of NY and it WILL be made available here soon enough. The specs alone minus 4G were enough to sell me on the idea of getting it.
 
80-brick-phone.jpg


Now that's OLD SCHOOL lol. Wow its been a long time since i have seen one of those. lol
 
Everyone is soooo set on getting the evo. What is sooo great about this phone. Most places in the U.S. wont even have 4g capability. So other than getting 4g once its available, whats so great compared to the android phones that are out now?

It is great because it is on a carrier that has good coverage and doesn't rob you blind.

-Mike
 
Everyone is soooo set on getting the evo. What is sooo great about this phone. Most places in the U.S. wont even have 4g capability. So other than getting 4g once its available, whats so great compared to the android phones that are out now?


Large screen, sleek body, better specs and on the sprint network. It is exactly what I want.

I really actually don't care about 4g, I just want a nice phone that doesn't lag while scrolling through the apps list or on a web page.

I would have went with verizon HTC incredible but it pissed me off that they didn't announce it during CTIS. It worked out in the end because I have great sprint coverage and it costs so much less...
 
I had a Moto SLVR L7c that I liked, pretty much only liked the look and the music player on it was pretty good. I then moved on to the Blackberry Curve 8330, which I was obsessed with, but when I saw videos of the Sprint Hero on YouTube, I knew I had to have one.
 
the original HTC Touch by Sprint! still works and does not have any dust under the screen!

this...


but it had a "dead" spot on the screen, kept locking up, needed monthly rebuilds and finally, the screen completely locked up and wouldn't accept any input.


i've never looked back since i got the hero.
 
4. LG Fusic. That FM transmitter was the bomb!

1. A bag phone-- I still have this somewhere in the house. $50 for thirty minutes of analog air time a month.
2. Qualcomm QCP-2700 that I bought when Sprint started up their PCS service. Big phone, but fit the hand nicely, and had a great thumbwheel for scrolling through contacts.
3. A Samsung something-or-other that was one of Sprint's first color screen phones. No camera. Sprint had a defect in their system at the time where they couldn't differentiate between voice and data on certain phones. This was one of them. Saved me a bundle by not needing a data plan.
4. LG Fusic. Found out the hard way that they could tell what was data on this phone. The FM transmitter was fantastic. Sadly, it could only take a 1 gig card.

Yeah, I tend to keep my phones a long time. My Fusic still looks almost new.
 
sprint755ppalm-791578.jpg


I had this Treo 755p for years. Then I had a Palm Pre for about 20 days (so I don't count that one!).
 
Instinct S30, as a matter of fact I had 5 of them in a 6 month period!!! So far the Hero is doing fine!!!
 
I had the original Instinct,that was my first touch screen phone and i like it at the time but i have the Hero now and enjoying the android experience.
 
Lets see, in the 2 years leading up to my Hero I had:

Some random free phone
Katana
Fusiq
MotoRazr2
Renegade V950
HTC Touch Pro

Of all of them I miss the Renegade the most, It survived a 15 foot fall onto concrete into a puddle of garbage juice flowing from a trash compactor. I then picked it up and sprayed it off with a fire hose.

I love my hero, but I'm afraid what could happen in the line of duty.
 
I had a samsung behold which had a much better camera btw, then a behold 2 which was ummm shit and then I got my hero which is slightly better lol
 
I dropped my Verizon VX6900 to switch over to Sprint for the HTC HERO (100% satisfied) and haven't looked back yet.
 

Attachments

  • verizon-xv6900-touch-00-sm.jpg
    verizon-xv6900-touch-00-sm.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 113
Not going threw my whole list of phones I've ever had (waaay too many).

Before I got my first Android I had a BB Curve 8330. I got the Samsung Moment and hated it so much it made me go back to BB and I got the Curve2 8530. I have the Hero now and the only way I would leave Android again is if the iPhone comes to Sprint. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom