• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [wip] what can be flashed through recovery

The 4.2 keyboard is cool and all, but what I highly recommend is swype Beta or the SwiftKey keyboard. Both are really awesome. Actually I've got all 3 of them installed, since I haven't decided which is better yet. But I'm leaning towards swift key or swype Beta! What I like about swype Beta is that it has the personal dictionary and multiple options for auto complete, but it's a bit glitchy at times. If you are looking for a crisp swipe like keyboard swift key is super sleek with a few more options than the 4.2.

EDIT: actually,I take that back about Swype beta. It looks really cool, but waaaay to buggy. I typed a paragraph and it deleted the entire thing as I reached the end of it. I tried my other keyboards and had no prob, so it had to be the beta. It looks really cool, but not worth the frustration. Regular Swype is better. But swift key still takes the cake.

Ok thanks i was asking because i read some people say that V2 was working better than V3 on some devices. just wanted to make sure

edit:after i flashed the zip is it ok if i cant unmount sd card in the recovery? like when wiping cache and dalvik cache should i be on external or internal because i cant go back to internal.

Ok thanks i was asking because i read some people say that V2 was working better than V3 on some devices. just wanted to make sure

edit:after i flashed the zip is it ok if i cant unmount sd card in the recovery? like when wiping cache and dalvik cache should i be on external or internal because i cant go back to internal.

That's normal ;)

The not being able to mount extsd is a common issue with our recovery. When you encounter this issue dont bother (un)mounting sd. It wont work.

I actually had an issue while restoring a backup: the "internal memory" was wiped in the sense that all my game saves, and app settings simply weren't there. Needless to say it was very upsetting that cwm did not "backup" that part of the phone, and very time consuming to get all my settings back the way I like them from scratch. Next time I have to remember to put everything on the internal memory in a file and copy it to the sd card, that way after restoring a backup I could just replace the new internal memory with that file from the sd. Otherwise the backup worked fine. Anyone else with this problem? I assume it's a problem with the way this phone's memory is set up. Anyway, might be a useful piece of info for anyone not in the know.

I actually had an issue while restoring a backup: the "internal memory" was wiped in the sense that all my game saves, and app settings simply weren't there. Needless to say it was very upsetting that cwm did not "backup" that part of the phone, and very time consuming to get all my settings back the way I like them from scratch. Next time I have to remember to put everything on the internal memory in a file and copy it to the sd card, that way after restoring a backup I could just replace the new internal memory with that file from the sd. Otherwise the backup worked fine. Anyone else with this problem? I assume it's a problem with the way this phone's memory is set up. Anyway, might be a useful piece of info for anyone not in the know.

I noticed on the recovery when i made a backup, ''android_secure not found on ext sd card skipping apps'' i cant remember it all, but it was something like that. maybe we need a folder named android_secure(not 100% sure if this was the name) on sd card?

Bad news for my reupload, 4shared is pissed at me. I'll sort that out and I've got another present for you for you kiddies. I found working beats audio, but its lacking the notification.

(edit) I found the right version of acid mod to use, op has been edited. :)

Bad news for my reupload, 4shared is pissed at me. I'll sort that out and I've got another present for you for you kiddies. I found working beats audio, but its lacking the notification.

(edit) I found the right version of acid mod to use, op has been edited. :)
I don't know what i keep doing wrong. I keep flashing ac!d mod but my phone just wont boot. idk if im suppose to flash AOSP first? i have alrdy tried all 3 and none of them work..any help?

I don't know what i keep doing wrong. I keep flashing ac!d mod but my phone just wont boot. idk if im suppose to flash AOSP first? i have alrdy tried all 3 and none of them work..any help?
flash aosp2 build 2802
make nandroid
flash package
wipe dalvik
fix permissions
PRESS BACK KEY DO NOT REBOOT RECOVERY!!!!!!!
Reboot system

Back
Top Bottom