• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [wip] what can be flashed through recovery

My phone is bricked after flashing pimpmybeats :(, I can't unbrick because my computer does not recognize my phone when I plug it in. What can I do??

try using another usb cable,my motion did that,i think the usb cable went bad or something,cuz it worked with a new one.

try using another usb cable,my motion did that,i think the usb cable went bad or something,cuz it worked with a new one.

The usb does play a part sometimes, i was using a samsung admire wire my first brcik and couldnt connect to bullocks. It may be that you never had the drivers activated by live use though. On windows the drivers go through a install activation which allows your device to be recognized and then there is the live use activation which is the phone recognizing the computer, which allows the the computer to read the phones registry and actively use the drivers. What you wanna do in this situation is turn on your phone and let the bootloop play through, since the second lg splash screen (the bootloader doing it's usual sys-check) the phone is now on and activated for use even though you are bootlooped. You can now do the live activation and install the phone.

Or you may just have to factory reset....

Thanks for all this. I have one question. I flashed x-loud and now my voice apps such as google now or voice search don't work, They come on but when I talk into it it doesn't hear me. Any ideas?

Thanks for all this. I have one question. I flashed x-loud and now my voice apps such as google now or voice search don't work, They come on but when I talk into it it doesn't hear me. Any ideas?

Hmm... that may be why mine went stupid the other day... I can't really say that's exactly what happened as I'd also installed GoogleNow and some said that caused an issue.
I had fine stt for a while but don't remember if xloud is what borked ma fone.

Disable the keyboard and use titanium backup or root explorer to uninstall/delete the apk.

I'll try but having the keyboard there doesn't bug me. Its that I can't add new words to my user dictionary
that's why I wanted to remove everything that was flashed

I'll try but having the keyboard there doesn't bug me. Its that I can't add new words to my user dictionary
that's why I wanted to remove everything that was flashed

Did you use Sepero's bloat ware remover? If you did, that removes the user dictionary. Just get the apk and odex file from the back up file and put them back

Xloud is known to break voice function on phones with mono microphones. >< again ive never used the extra voice functions. My bad

Did you use Sepero's bloat ware remover? If you did, that removes the user dictionary. Just get the apk and odex file from the back up file and put them back

I did. But I don't think that was it.
When I flashed the 4.2 keyboard it change my user dictionary a little. Misspelled words are underlined red and to add a word it sends you to a different page

I'll try that though. I'm on the de odexed rom. So? Do I still put the odex file?

I did. But I don't think that was it.
When I flashed the 4.2 keyboard it change my user dictionary a little. Misspelled words are underlined red and to add a word it sends you to a different page

I'll try that though. I'm on the de odexed rom. So? Do I still put the odex file?

Not sure

Back
Top Bottom