• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV5 ota

I've tried several times in windows xp with the lg flash tool 1.4 and 1.5. The only copy I have of ZV4 is the LG870ZV4_06.zip file which just contains a tot file. When I set up all the com ports and install the drivers, I run the LG flash tool program with either the bypassed megaload dll or turning the clock back to 2012 and using the serial code without net access. I set the com port to 1 on the LG program and port 41 on the driver. I push the arrow, it says Waiting, then fails every time with the previousload() error. It fails with that error if the phone is plugged in with the usb cable or not. That's as far as I get. If there is a method to flash back to ZV4 with the cwm, I would love to know. I assume when you flash to ZV4 with the cwm, it will replace the cwm with stock?

Have you tried it on a different computer or laptop? did you look at the picture instructions and did everything it says? When i put my phone in download mode and plug it in my computer i here this ping sound on my computer which always indicates that the computer recognized that something has been plugged in. once i press the arrow on the lg tool it just seems to wait until i here that ping again then it runs. i hear the ping every 45 seconds or so. how long did you wait until it failed? Yes there is a method if you have a stock nandroid backup which i do.

Have you tried it on a different computer or laptop? did you look at the picture instructions and did everything it says? When i put my phone in download mode and plug it in my computer i here this ping sound on my computer which always indicates that the computer recognized that something has been plugged in. once i press the arrow on the lg tool it just seems to wait until i here that ping again then it runs. i hear the ping every 45 seconds or so. how long did you wait until it failed? Yes there is a method if you have a stock nandroid backup which i do.

I don't hear any ping sound but the phone is definitely recognized by the driver because it shows up in the device manager. Which version of the lg flash tools did you use and did you use the serial key method or the replaced megaload dll method? I think I would have the best success with the nandroid backup that you mentioned. Can you host that somewhere so I can download it and just flash with the cwm?

I don't hear any ping sound but the phone is definitely recognized by the driver because it shows up in the device manager. Which version of the lg flash tools did you use and did you use the serial key method or the replaced megaload dll method? I think I would have the best success with the nandroid backup that you mentioned. Can you host that somewhere so I can download it and just flash with the cwm?

why are you using a key? just use this medaload dll https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59319257/OptimusF7/MegaLock.dll . try that.

You will get prompt with a notification saying theirs an update available. You can download it but you dont have to install it right away. You have to be on pure stock. stock kernel stock system no edits whatsoever and no cwm or init recovery. when thats all done install the update. then try our root method to see if it still works and yeah you can install cwm again. If you happen get the notification before me. just reply here and lemmie know so that i can force push the OTA to my phone as well.

Will my phone get the update if I only have root access and the 2nd init recovery app?

As I said, I already tried that. I said Megaload. I meant Megalock. I replaced that and it did the same as doing the serial key method and failed with the previousload error. How do you flash zv4 with the cwm?

try it on a different computer or different port. i have a stock nandroid backup where you can restore to stock system and boot.img but you will manually have to flash cwm using the terminal method.

Will my phone get the update if I only have root access and the 2nd init recovery app?

Yes thats fine, thats all i have installed on my system too. init recovery doesnt actually stays forever like cwm. stock recovery actually comes back after you use init recovery then you have to use the app to get init recovery back again. So yes its fine if you have init recovery i would suggest powering off the phone and manually boot into stock recovery just to make sure its still there before you install the update.

try it on a different computer or different port. i have a stock nandroid backup where you can restore to stock system and boot.img but you will manually have to flash cwm using the terminal method.

I don't have another windows machine at the moment to try it on. Can you host your backup somewhere so I could download it? I don't mind flashing the cwm using the terminal method since I already used that method to flash it in the first place.

I don't have another windows machine at the moment to try it on. Can you host your backup somewhere so I could download it? I don't mind flashing the cwm using the terminal method since I already used that method to flash it in the first place.

You might wanna get on that soon, dont wanna wait til you actually brick your phone. USB Ports and phone software applications can be all over the place. I know when i had my ZTE Warp Sequent, their *flash tool* that they have wouldn't pickup my phone at all on my desktop but i have 2 other laptops in the house to try it out on and the first laptop that i tried it worked. It just refuses to work on my Desktop for some reason. stock.zip

You might wanna get on that soon, dont wanna wait til you actually brick your phone. USB Ports and phone software applications can be all over the place. I know when i had my ZTE Warp Sequent, their *flash tool* that they have wouldn't pickup my phone at all on my desktop but i have 2 other laptops in the house to try it out on and the first laptop that i tried it worked. It just refuses to work on my Desktop for some reason. stock.zip

I have the stock.zip file now. So I just go into the cwm and specify this zip file for restoration? Then how do I revert the recovery from cwm back to stock?

I have the stock.zip file now. So I just go into the cwm and specify this zip file for restoration? Then how do I revert the recovery from cwm back to stock?

Make a folder, anything with no spaces in it in /clockworkmod/backup. Unzip the stock.zip there inside the folder you created. Restore it and then come back to restore to stock recovery. Use the same commands you used in cwm thread except change every "fx1s4-cwm.lok" to recovery.img

Make a folder, anything with no spaces in it in /clockworkmod/backup. Unzip the stock.zip there inside the folder you created. Restore it and then come back to restore to stock recovery. Use the same commands you used in cwm thread except change every "fx1s4-cwm.lok" to recovery.img

Thanks for the help and the recovery zip. Just to confirm, there is supposed to be a system.ext4.tar (0 bytes and system.ext4.tar.a (467M) file in the stock.zip? Or is that supposed to be just one file with a .tar extension?

Thanks for the help and the recovery zip. Just to confirm, there is supposed to be a system.ext4.tar (0 bytes and system.ext4.tar.a (467M) file in the stock.zip? Or is that supposed to be just one file with a .tar extension?

thats right 2 different files for system

I just got a notification saying a system update is available. Everyone check. I dont want to download it till i get home from work and am connected to wifi.

Just installed the update. Using the app "GPS Data", I am sitting in my office and in 2 seconds I am connected to 3/19, within 10 seconds 6/19, with 16m accuracy. I could never get even 1 without going outside.

Android version: 4.1.2
Kernel version: 3.4.0
Build number: JZO54K
Software version: LG870ZV5

I lost root access.

Quick ? Can i without using a computer go back to stock. My phone is rooted and i uninstall youtube and i think at least 1 or maybe 2 other system apps. Can someone send me a list of apps in the system folder. Not sure if it will work but want to install the update cause the f7 is a good phone but as we who have the phone know of the little problems this phone has.

Hey dbguru is it possible for you to upload the update for us to use and was your phone only rooted without no other changes before the update.

So apparently you also need a timestamp folder within the backup directory as well otherwise cwm won't recognize the backup. Once I created that folder and placed the recovery files there, I told the cwm to perform a restore. It started the restore and wiped boot and then proceeded to fail. I thought your boot.img might be corrupted so I downloaded the another one here:

http://oudhitsquad.com/android/LGE/Firmware/LG870/LG870_misc_partitions.zip

I then overwrote yours with that one and changed the md5 hash in nandroid.md5 and then tried cwm restore again and even that failed. Wow cwm must be buggy or something since it won't write the boot.img. So now since I have an unbootable phone (it boot loops a few times and ends in a white screen where you can sort of make out "sdcard"). I booted once again in cwm and then went into adb shell (it's quite nice to have adb root shell here -- I wonder if this also works with stock recovery). I manually overwrote /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot with boot.img using dd and that seemed to work because now I don't have a boot loop into a white screen but rather a boot loop with a security error. I used advanced restore and specifically told it to restore system only and that seemed to work but I still have a security error on boot. So now that I have boot.img flashed and system flashed, do I now just flash recovery.img to /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery with dd within cwm and it should boot without the security error and be back to stock at that point?

Quick ? Can i without using a computer go back to stock. My phone is rooted and i uninstall youtube and i think at least 1 or maybe 2 other system apps. Can someone send me a list of apps in the system folder. Not sure if it will work but want to install the update cause the f7 is a good phone but as we who have the phone know of the little problems this phone has.

Why don't you just download stock.zip that chevanlol360 posted and then restore the system partition to stock with that? If you're using cwm, make sure you use advanced restore and only specify system. The boot restore for cwm doesn't appear to work for me so it's best to avoid it if you can if you don't know what you're doing.

Well thats the thing this is my first lg phone and going by all the post for this phone using the stock recovery like on a samsung phone seem a little out of the ? and i don't want to take the chance to try it that way with the chance of the pbone not booting up properly.

So apparently you also need a timestamp folder within the backup directory as well otherwise cwm won't recognize the backup. Once I created that folder and placed the recovery files there, I told the cwm to perform a restore. It started the restore and wiped boot and then proceeded to fail. I thought your boot.img might be corrupted so I downloaded the another one here:

http://oudhitsquad.com/android/LGE/Firmware/LG870/LG870_misc_partitions.zip

I then overwrote yours with that one and changed the md5 hash in nandroid.md5 and then tried cwm restore again and even that failed. Wow cwm must be buggy or something since it won't write the boot.img. So now since I have an unbootable phone (it boot loops a few times and ends in a white screen where you can sort of make out "sdcard"). I booted once again in cwm and then went into adb shell (it's quite nice to have adb root shell here -- I wonder if this also works with stock recovery). I manually overwrote /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot with boot.img using dd and that seemed to work because now I don't have a boot loop into a white screen but rather a boot loop with a security error. I used advanced restore and specifically told it to restore system only and that seemed to work but I still have a security error on boot. So now that I have boot.img flashed and system flashed, do I now just flash recovery.img to /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery with dd within cwm and it should boot without the security error and be back to stock at that point?
this is why i odnt put cmw to this phone the other i have a zte warp sequent have a cmw and custom rom. because this have boot-lock

If anyone updates through KDZ, then run the following commands after you have updated...

Code:
adb shell

su

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/aboot.img

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img
This will make copies of your aboot, boot, and recovery images to your internal SD. Then transfer those 3 images to your PC and zip them up and post a link to zip.

I'll need those images so I can make a kernel for ZV5 firmware.

I'm beginning to understand how this works and I'm thinking I might want to compile my own kernel as well (I already have experience cross compiling for armv7). I was wondering if you knew how to obtain .check_sigs and .hdr used in the loki patch for when I get ZV5 on my phone since it appears the loki patch only works with ZV4?

Just found 2 apps for people who either got the system update notification or updated to zv5. First app ota verifier just show me a file (need root) which is 137.90MB in size and told me the problems of me possibly not installing the update. Can someone else look in to this and and maybe help me out more that likely will have to some how get back to stock and one time googling i think what had looked like a zv4 back to stock for boost mobile version img but will have to look again and verifiy. This is my first lg phone and the process is nothing like samsung and working with odin to go back to stock. The other app
ota snatcher i guess is suppose to help grab the update and help to upload for everyone else update there phones without waiting days or weeks for the update to come out. Thats all i have for now but really trying to figure this out cause looking at other lg phones don't seem to have as much of a problem going back to stock and updating ota updates just using either stock recovery or cwm/twrp

==================
Detailed Analysis
==================

- you have 1 frozen system apps; this may (but not necessarily) impact the ability of the OTA's updater-script to update these apps and cause the OTA install to fail

- there were 7 failed expressions; see below for the details about these tests that will cause your OTA install to fail

- there were no bypassed expressions (good!)

-------------------------------
Frozen system apps analysis:

1. com.android.LGSetupWizard

statistics:

frozen system apps: 1
success count: 381
fail count: 7
ignore count: 1183
partition count: 0
protected count: 5
bypassed count: 0

Device information:

Device: fx1
Maker: LGE
Model: LG-LG870
Carrier: Boost Mobile
Board: FX1
Name: fx1s_spr_us
Bootloader: unknown
Android OS: 4.1.2

updater-script analysis details:

FAILED: line #64:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/ChromeWithBrowser.apk", "79a95df7a0354544a7d3ed3d84b7560403264747", "87cd8a4bb3038a51e15ec032d4d8dbe5cfb412f6"));

[the SHA1 checksum for file /system/app/ChromeWithBrowser.apk (da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709) does not match any SHA1 in the above expression]

----------------------
FAILED: line #66:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/ChromeWithBrowser.odex", "45d5ba342200580ad5fef8edf9fd7a859489adda", "4707602db4f2fa902f7f9d1553a3e19e177d97ad"));

[the SHA1 checksum for file /system/app/ChromeWithBrowser.odex (da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709) does not match any SHA1 in the above expression]

----------------------
FAILED: line #358:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/Phonesky.apk", "1470e526f93deb71796592d452f327197fc78adb", "9ef858489c3df6e7b717b17aa6b85d1063d7fcb0"));

[the SHA1 checksum for file /system/app/Phonesky.apk (da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709) does not match any SHA1 in the above expression]

----------------------
FAILED: line #480:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/YouTube.apk", "fad38c07fc67a9b9d43ad15a304082f70170d6fb", "d6fcd9238872cce05afe5d25ac34e6b494c2c99d"));

[the SHA1 checksum for file /system/app/YouTube.apk (da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709) does not match any SHA1 in the above expression]

----------------------
FAILED: line #482:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/app/YouTube.odex", "aace97b80e604dd7f59df99921653fe421e33dab", "f2a5906e90a6f7b974cb631a2a41f6702604d57e"));

[the SHA1 checksum for file /system/app/YouTube.odex (da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709) does not match any SHA1 in the above expression]

----------------------
FAILED: line #580:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/framework/core.odex", "fa002208e8ae5e916eb1940df7ef28a0a470aaa0", "0cd50a40a9655116e50449e2dfdae57e9bee2608"));

[the SHA1 checksum for file /system/framework/core.odex (db3efc3482ecc9cfb6ba610dd839e77c4fd03618) does not match any SHA1 in the above expression]

----------------------
FAILED: line #618:

assert(apply_patch_check("/system/framework/services.odex", "de6ac7ede2f5efbfd4c290fb5d254334a8b41223", "47c0af9527690a184b65167bc02bd0f3cc08150c"));

[the SHA1 checksum for file /system/framework/services.odex (ecfd22b374c0a4ec021d3fead6d15a6bd3f5d479) does not match any SHA1 in the above expression]

(the above text has been copied to the clipboard)

Back
Top Bottom