• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV5 ota

Dbguru, were you able to re-root after the update? (I just got the update notification as well and am holding off on downloading and applying.)

fe9cd5113f5a7036ceb83dd2e037e58ca74b2f03.LG870ZV4_06_to_ZV5_02_inc.zip

Name of file in cache folder. Not sure if thats the complete size or not since it told me its best to be on wi-fi for the download.

Tell me how and I'd be happy to.

Dbguru, were you able to re-root after the update? (I just got the update notification as well and am holding off on downloading and applying.)

Nope, I used the motochopper method before, I retried it, it completes successfully, but root checker confirms no root access. Also tried oneclick root, it says, your phone is already rooted.

all of those that can restore via the update tool go ahead and do that now cause this might take a good while not sure if the ota will fail my method so dont rely on me.

all of those that can restore via the update tool go ahead and do that now cause this might take a good while not sure if the ota will fail my method so dont rely on me.

did you see my earlier post with the failed boot.img? Should I just flash unsecured kernel again to boot to get back up or would flashing the recovery fix the secure error and then it will boot?

did you see my earlier post with the failed boot.img? Should I just flash unsecured kernel again to boot to get back up or would flashing the recovery fix the secure error and then it will boot?

i dont think thats stock kernel if it give you unescure boot. go to settings and tell me what it says about the kernel/software

ok so i found a way to restore the system to stock. now i need the fix the boot.img from failing to boot pass lg screen. we're gonna have to restore one zip and flash the other. should have this figured within the hour.

So lemme get this straight. We have to be on complete stock for the OTA to work?
I'm rooted and have the custom kernel installed.

who wants to test restore back to stock? YOU NEED TO HAVE PLAYFULGODS CWM INSTALLED OR IF YOU USE INIT RECOVERY YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO RESTORE VIA THE FLASH TOOL just in case something goes wrong.

Root still works via the framaroot.apk with the ZV5 update.

Didn't work for me. Says success, reboots, then I see SuperSU app. Root checker still shows no root access.

Maybe there are stuff lingering from the motochopper method. There was SuperUser has a blue pound sign icon, which I uninstalled, and superuser (no ion) which can't be uninstalled.

Any ideas ?

I tried doing a full restore...it gave me an error saying it couldn't restore data and it stopped.

Heh, you might have gotten the same thing I got. Did it try to flash boot and then say there was an error and it couldn't flash boot? The really annoying thing about that is it wipes boot first (which it has to do anyway to write a new image) leaving your phone unbootable if you don't fix it manually.

Heh, you might have gotten the same thing I got. Did it try to flash boot and then say there was an error and it couldn't flash boot? The really annoying thing about that is it wipes boot first (which it has to do anyway to write a new image) leaving your phone unbootable if you don't fix it manually.

Yeah it gives me a secure booting error message right when the phone starts.
Then it goes into CWM.

Didn't work for me. Says success, reboots, then I see SuperSU app. Root checker still shows no root access.

Maybe there are stuff lingering from the motochopper method. There was SuperUser has a blue pound sign icon, which I uninstalled, and superuser (no ion) which can't be uninstalled.

Any ideas ?

root checker app is wrong, try using an app that requires root. i restored with lg flash tool updated, installed framaroot.apk and init recovery flash app. i rooted with gandalf exploit in framarook.apk and reboot. then installed init.recovery and did a backup. i used titanium backup with it and es file explorer which all requires root access.

Yeah it gives me a secure booting error message right when the phone starts.
Then it goes into CWM.

HELP PLEASE...I'm stuck in CWM!

Theres nothing i can do, restore to a previous backup that you had before trying to update. mount usb doesnt work in our cwm so you are pretty much screwed if you dont have a backup and i cant lend you one cause once again mount usb doesnt work lol. Use the unbricking thread to get your phone up and running again. Not sure why the attempt to update on modded rom would do that to you. it should just abort and reboot. try a factory reset and reboot again.

I tried a factory reset...still went back to CWM.
I'm downloading the LG tool with the link you posted in MediaFire. How do I apply the .DLL?

edit: Ok I don't know what's going on with this phone but I powered it off and plugged in the USB cable...it put me right back to CWM!

Back
Top Bottom