• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Settings are ignored

Some of my settings are being ignored. For example, Simplified view for web pages is unchecked, yet when I'm on a site, like IMDb, that supports simplified viewing, the prompt comes up asking if I want to view the simplified version. Why, NO, actually, I don't--that's why I disabled it in settings! Ugh.

Under Downloads, there's Ask where to save files, which I have set to 'on.' But I'm NEVER prompted for a destination directory. Its downloads arbitrarily go into /storage/emulated/0/Download. Ugh.

Chrome v75.0.3770.101
Android v8.0.0
Moto Z² Force Edition

Ideas? :)

Amazon Alexa on lock screen

Hello I have a galaxy s10+ and I just bought zungle smart glasses so I putted a button to open amazon alexa and speak from my glasses.I have a little problem, to use(speak) to alexa my phone must be unlocked.Is there a way that can I use amazon alexa on my lockscreen?without to unlock my phone just press the button on glasses give the command and done?

Thanks

iPad mini purchase

Hi y'all. I appreciate your advice. I did look on woot but they only had iPad mini 2 series. Too old for the new iOS update scheduled for this year. I was able to get it at national distributors under Google purchase mini 5 new plus 10.00 promo code/free shipping total savings came to $30.00 cheaper from other sites. My Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet works with no real bad issues except everything's way slow. I watch a lot of videos and when it works.. it's still great display and sound. When it doesn't, I gotta fuss to get downloads/ buffering. I'm not an apple fan. I did have an iPhone 5 but gave it to my husband.
I dig Android phones. I like free apps on play store lots of good stuff. Next phone I wanna get is a unlocked Android phone cause I hate all the useless bloatware on Carrier phones. I got TMobile so any ideas about this pros/cons would be appreciated. Cheers 😊

ARCore Required option on Google Play once the app is already published on the store?

Can we select ARCore Required option on Google Play once the app is already published on the store?

Hi guys,
My app is already published on Google Play and needs AR Core to run.
We didn't add "AR Required" to the manifest.
> https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/c/enable-arcore
Is there any way to enable this filter on Google Play directly?
It's possible to exclude non-friendly ARCore smartphones by hand but it will take forever.

Thank you all for your help!

j5 2016 odin flash read failure error there is no pit binary

If you were seeing a PIT error on your J5, that might be a sign that its internal storage memory is failing. But if you were flashing a ROM using the Odin utility and you intentionally selected that Re-partition option, that's a problem. If someone has your exact same model of phone, it might work out if they provide you with the PIT copied from their phone but generally one should avoid messing with the partition table unless there's a specific reason to do so.

Where am I going wrong?

Thing is, you are trying to set state variables on another class.
The recommended design pattern for doing that is to use setter methods.

Yes, I got that, thanks. But I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work. I can see that creating my own version of OnCheckedChangedListener as you suggested would work.

I've just gone back to the drawing board and come up with the following:

Java:
final RadioButton radioButton2 = findViewById(R.id.radioButton2);
final RadioButton radioButton3 = findViewById(R.id.radioButton3);
boolean isInvestor = radioButton2.isChecked();
boolean isFirstTimer = radioButton3.isChecked();

and it seems to do the job :D

Filter

Back
Top Bottom