• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Pairing Requires Location

By "the app" I assume you mean something like FitBit, as already discussed in this thread. That do require location tracking in order to work correctly. I think it's quite simple really, if you don't agree with the company's TOS or EULA, then don't buy and use their products.

BTW I've noticed the Bose Connect app requires precise GPS permissions for some reason. But you don't actually need that app to connect and use Bose headphones, they work just as well without it. They only have to play your music, and Bose Corporation does NOT need to know where you are

Yeh, there are various ways around these things.

This is an android issue. They are the ones who make the requirement like it is. They are the ones who force users to give up more information than necessary in order to allow an app to have access to some lower level of information. This was brought by an ANDROID update a few versions ago. I have more than one bluetooth device that requires this. In one instance, I spoke directly with the developer of the app. The makers of both of these devices say the same thing. They do not need any location information but do need access to BT MAC addresses. Android should allow me to limit their privilege to that rather than all location information.

Another point; in order to use a certain bluetooth product, I must turn on the location service on my phone. When I do that, all other apps that use that permission now have access to that information. Additionally, if I am using High accuracy or battery saving location mode, Google tracks my location.

Can I install Windows OS instead of Android OS on a mob phone?

Sorry if this has been already suggested as I didn't read through the entire thread.

You can install a full version of linux on a rooted android phone. This means you can install ubuntu studio version 18.04 which is the latest stable release.
https://ubuntustudio.org/

Here's some of the features for music producers:
https://ubuntustudio.org/tour/audio/

If you need more Cubase alternatives that can run on linux...
https://alternativeto.net/software/cubase/?platform=linux

Also note: Cubase Studio 4 can run on linux using wine, which is like a windows emulator for linux.

By the way, I have a friend that produces music and has sold some beats that he produced in ubuntu studio.

Washing bath towels

I barely do wash cloth, my oil sometimes does drip down to my eyebrows, it just hangs around my eye sockets, I do not get too dirty around my face. I double up on the body towels for one over the tub, so I use that when I step out, the curtian does not function at all sometimes, but depending on how much time I do have. Most of the days I usually do not learn to calculate on different areas of my morning rituals either.

Mind you I have a buffet full always. Shifting gears away from the norm, though the curtian has air, and inside such a small cubical rest room.

Depending on what time it is too, if I watch sometimes the clock towards a different dellusion then yeah, it can count against my own time or getting packed up for that day or so. So I use my wash cloth every once a while anyways..

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 doesn't have a headphone jack?

On a plane? I suppose, if you brought the charging pad and your seat has a USB socket.

I do see a lot if Delta planes having a straight plug now, so you could get away with that. Not sure I'd want to deal with that though. For long flights I'll use the built in entertainment, so I bring my wired ear buds, otherwise I read my book (kindle).

I have an adapter for my phone, but I'll never use it.

How To Delete Blank Home Pages

Hey, it's been long, but frankly I had that problem and wanted to share some help. I use honor 8 lite currently and somehow managed to get about 10 useless home pages, none of above tips work, so I figured it out myself. Here it is:
1. Go to settings
2. Search from home screen style
3. Change your style to that other one.
4. You might have to leave app, then start it again and change back to normal.
5. If there is still any pages you don't need you can now delete those!
Hope this helps anybody :)

- Jacob

Very simple Webview app in Android Studio 3.4.2

The following might give you a start. You'll need to modify it to remove the title, but it's a start...

Java:
public class MainActivity extends AppCompatActivity {

@Override
    public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.activity_main);

WebView webView;
        webView = findViewById(R.id.simpleWebView);

webView.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
        webView.setWebViewClient(new WebViewClient());
        webView.loadUrl("https://domain.com/");
    }
}

Smart Lock stops working

It seems to work a bit better with the latest OS install, and I have added several "Trusted Places" by walking to other rooms in the house and adding them. That should not be necessary because the area included is supposed to be large, but I now have (I think) 4 trusted places, all for my house and it has been working much better lately.

What's a good screen protector?

I have to admit to not being very good at installing these sorts of things. I always try to buy multi-packs because my first, and sometimes my second, effort does not result in a good installation and I need to do it again. However I just did an install of a new protector using this item:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SLZ2HB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the installation went perfectly. No bubbles and a good fit. It is a soft protector, not one of the glass types, but my fingerprint reader works properly and I am happy with it.

Filter

Back
Top Bottom