• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[NEWS] - LSpeed is Officially Supporting GamerROM OS! CONFIRMED BY LSpeed Developer

Yes you heard today i have contacted the developer "Danijel" and have requested permission to be the official kernel manager app for GamerROM™ OS.

The developer & agreed to be apart of GamerROM™ OS and give everyone an awesome experience with their device(s).

In a new update coming later today GamerROM™ new logo will pop up, it's unclear where the logo will be but this is the beginning of GamerROM™ becoming the best OS to use and not only we benefit from this but as well the developer will benefit from this as well.

For us this is a HUGE step to market GamerROM™ OS as the Official OS L Speed and the developer "Danijel" supported app for GamerROM™

This agreement is permanent unless the developer of the application decides to drop support for GamerROM OS.

I'm very excited to have this opprotunity to be apart of something bigger from a Kernel manager we love!

If you want to support L Speed Try out their app here:

Check out "L Speed (Gaming~Battery saver~Performance) [ROOT]": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paget96.lspeed

Looking for a non-Appleified phone

Which "physical buttons"? Almost all have physical volume/power keys, but I doubt that any with that spec will have physical home/back/multitasking buttons.

The closest that comes to mind are the Samsung Galaxy S7 series: these have 16:9 displays, physical home buttons, s820 SoC (or the equivalent Exynos, depending on where you are) + 4GB RAM. But it's 3 years old. However more recent phones won't have physical buttons on the front (or not the higher-end ones, which you've also said you were after), and almost nothing high-end that's less than 2 years old will have a 16:9 screen.

how to root my sm-j250f withoutpc

You'll be better off rooting your device without relying on one of those one-click rooting apps anyway. Most of them are sourced out of China, and a lot of them also add a data mining service that runs in the background. Some of them also do things like alter your browser home page and/or other annoying things like that, the one benefit being once you are rooted you'll find it easier to nullify the crap that they added in during the rooting process. Keep in mind that one-click rooting apps are about convenience while taking advantage of your device's security and privacy. Once you root a device, all the maintenance and servicing tasks are your responsibility.
Anyway, don't forget to have a full backup of your data just in case. Rooting isn't a just a trivial process so if something does go wrong you want at least some kind of exit strategy already in place. Think about Samsung's Smart Switch utility if you don't already have a backup solution set up.
https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
And keep access to a stock ROM in your browser bookmarks in the event you need to re-flash the ROM. It's not likely but you should have a fall-back plan you've already looked into so fixing a serious problem will be just a hassle, not a disaster. Here's a couple of sources for valid, stock, Samsung ROMs:
https://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model/?q=SM-J250F&exact=1&r=&v=&rpp=100
https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-j2-pro/firmware/SM-J250F/

Problem with sharing a file via Intent with another app as a FileProvider

Your clue to the cause of the crash is this section from the stack trace

Code:
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.res.XmlResourceParser android.content.pm.ProviderInfo.loadXmlMetaData(android.content.pm.PackageManager, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider.parsePathStrategy(FileProvider.java:605)
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider.getPathStrategy(FileProvider.java:579)
at android.support.v4.content.FileProvider.getUriForFile(FileProvider.java:417)
at com.example.sprite.half_lifetimer.ExportDatabase.shareJSON(ExportDatabase.java:109)

This tells you the exception that crashed your app, and the line in your code which caused it.

So Googling around that error "Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.res.XmlResourceParser ", turns up this link on StackOverflow, amongst others

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...-to-invoke-xmlresourceparser-on-a-null-string

Jelly Bounce - a funny game

Download from google play: 👇🎮
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Battle4Games.JellyJump
Jump now and move fast or die! Avoid the dangers around and survive.
Jelly Bounce is happening in a infinite world, where you have to jump up ever higher. The higher you jump, you will accumulate more points.
Do not be afraid of the monsters that appears in your way, just jump around they. Be careful, the monsters can kill you. If you want to survival in this world you need to be agile and cunning!
In Jelly Bounce world exist also items that can help you to jump higher more easy. But be careful, because they can sabotage you!
To circumvent the monsters you can go through the left or right side of screen and you will be teleported in opposite side.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1565286665077.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565286665077.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1563526107972.jpg
    IMG_1563526107972.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 335

UK Availablilty

Listed pretty much everywhere now.

Samsung Experience stores have the display models in.

Three UK and many other main providers are all offering it - although it seems the 512 GB N+ is only available through Sammy

And it's definitely in carphone whorehouse.

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/s...l#!colour=auraglow&capacity=256GB&dealType=pm

Tell a lie, going through the deal calculator on CPW shows the 512GB

Help [ROM] [STOCK] Coolpad Defiant 3632A Stock Firmware 7.1.1 MetroPCS

Nope. I was going to unbrick it but it has a signed encrypted firehose and i could never get it from anyone. I had a guy that runs a firmware/blog site creating me a QFIL debrick package but i never got back with him. I got rid of that phone and have been through 1 or 2 more of them since but I do not have one at the moment. They are garbage starter phones. lol I just used it to practice on, find vulns, frp unlock etc.

Life isn't good. Long story. Soon to come to light..

New and exciting?

I thought motorised popup selfie cameras to avoid notched and punch-hole screens was going to be a thing with more manufacturers. So far only Vivo and Oneplus have those. Or Honor with their Magic sliding format phone, again to not have notches or punch-hole screens

Messaging app advice

Hey all,
I've been using Message+ from Verizon on my Pixel 2XL for my sms/mms app for a long time. But it's having some major issues so i switched to Next SMS (used to be Handcent) a couple months back but that one doesn't have a driving mode and auto replies. So i switched back to message+, and it's still broken.

In Message+ you don't get a notification icon or sound for anything but the first message. So if i send a message to someone, their reply, whether it's 3 seconds or 30 minutes later, doesn't play the sound or give the notification icon in the bar.

Duplicate messages are back, they had this fixed last year sometime. I was texting my son yesterday and every reply was doubled on my phone. Happened with some friends also, on different carries and various phone make/models.

So, what i'm looking for is another text/mms app that can do auto replies when bluetooth is synced with my jeep. Thought i'd ask here first rather than spend an hour or 2 downloading, testing, and removing various apps.

Pixelated Printface over Android Print

Hey

I have run into an issue with Android Print. We print from Android devices but get a pixelated text (at the edges of each character) and sometimes random holes/gaps in lines or characters.

The following printers are used:
  • Samsung Xpress M2026W
  • Brother HL-L2350DW

The print job is send via a wireless connection.

We have tried the following variants for printing:

* Samsung & Brother Print Services:
both using Apps like Adobe Reader and our own app (printHelper, printManager,...)

*Samsung Mobile Print App
Directly print a pdf or image (jpeg, png) and through our app

*Samsung Cloud Print

*Brother Mobile Print app
directly print a pdf or image (jpeg, png)

--------------------------------------------------------

So far we have only been able to get an aceptable quality when printing from desktop (Win 10, Ubuntu 14.04 and 18.04), The printers are all in working order.

We have tested Android 6, 7, 8 and 9 from different devices (tablets and smartphone from different manufacturers like LG, Lenovo, Nexus, Pixel, Huawei,)

We also eliminated that the fault is with our documents by printing pdfs and docx files with arial as the font.

Does anyone have any ideas why this happens or an idea how we can fix this?
It is not necessarily required that we use apps or services that are provided by andoid/samsung/brother.
We are also willing to hire someone for fixing this if it turns out to be a huge amount of work or if deep inside knowledge is needed.

Thanks for the help!

Filter

Back
Top Bottom