• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Galaxy S10-few questions

Is there a way to set fingerprint preferences where I don't have to scan my prints if I'm at home or some other trusted location?

Thanks!
well under lockscreen in your phone's settings you have the option to use smart lock. i never use it though. the only thing i'm not sure it works with biometrics or not.
Upvote 0

A head-scratcher

Not worried.

That happened 4 years ago.

How very observant of you!! Sounded like she was not worried either, as that wasn't the point. But hey, I get it ;)

This is sheer curiosity, not something that needs attention.

This old thread shows two different members as 'thread starter.' Of course I thought perhaps two separate threads had been merged.

But look at its #1 and #2 posts. They're from the same date, though no time is shown, and from different members. They're the two posts marked 'thread starter.'

It's clear from reading #2 that it's a reply to #1; it is not the same issue posted as a question in a different thread, which then got merged.

So, how can two people be one thread's OP? If I had to bet, my money would go on it somehow having to do with both inactive members' label of 'guest.'

So that is what it looks like when a user is deleted, or that is what it used to look like. We do it different now. But, in the old delete account thread, before I started making the deleted users have unique names, they all showed as 'thread starter' as well. It has to do with forum identifying the users as the same due to the state of their account. So yes, it looks odd but just one of those weird quirks of the forums.
Upvote 0

Root 128GB micro sd card

Your a clown? What do you use that space for Juggalo19076?
Kkfos and It?

But seriously...

Music?
I'm running a 128GB @95%max fill, so looking to double it again..
Yes, I have in my storage:
  • 16GB music
  • Pics/Backgrounds
  • Virtually every Root method ever made since ICS :mustachedroid: (can probably purge those since I uploaded to AFH, years ago :specsdroid:)
  • Firmwares (1.6GB/e), ROMs(300-600MB/e), TWRPS for like 3 devices
  • TWRP backups for said devices
  • Extracted apps from as far back as KK
  • Movies for the kids
  • eBooks
One thing about TWRP backups, they get larger each new Android OS version.. Nowadays, the Pie 9.0 backups are 5-15GB each
Upvote 0

OxygenOS update 9.0.14 for 6T & 9.0.6 for 6

I have the Tmo Version 6t and they just perm unlocked it but when I try to update there is no 3dot option to do it from file. Just says no Updates available.

Hell. Lol thank you
The T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant runs a totally different OS to the global model and is controlled and released by T-Mobile (USA).

To receive global updates on your unlocked phone, you will first need to convert it to the global firmware. See...

T-Mobile 6T to Global model Conversion (WITHOUT unlocked bootloader/SIM unlock!)
Upvote 0

Root Is unlocking bootlooder for boost/sprint LS770 out there?

No straight up concrete proof, but I have a v10 and v20 also and they finally defeated the dm-verity that begun on Marshmallow, so there may be a way. I am not versed in trial and error rooting, so I couldn't tell you itdefinately is or not. What I can say is not enough people still own or talk about this phone like us, so probably not gonna happen. I may try the old one-root solutions, but I bricked so many times in the beginning and had to send it to LG to fix. I'm not ready to brick it again, so I'm not going to risk it now. The last root on V20 they exploited the LAF partition, so maybe that's the way to go here. Cheers, Johnm

Ty for the info I just broke phone other day sadly tho
Upvote 0

This isn't normal disk usage right?

Update: So I figured out that this was a software problem indeed! I checked task manager and looked for services that load up during bootup (which means that these services turn on when the laptop starts, without me doing anything).

There were things like browser update services, and services from apps I don't think need to be there right when I turn my laptop on. All of this wasn't helping me (I don't like auto updates) and slowed my laptop down. There were some Microsoft services too that I didn't need like "Print Spooler", "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service", and Microsoft's Xbox stuff. There was some Asus bloatware as well (as it's an Asus laptop).

I went to "Services" in Windows and looked for these services that I didn't want to be loaded during boot. Then I changed their startup type to "Manual". Since the next boot I haven't noticed the high disk usage problem anymore so I probably have stopped the faulty service from starting during boot. This also dramatically reduced my bootup time!

I hope this helps someone! Here are some things I noticed - there were a few programs that got their startup type changed on their own. I don't know how that happens but that means that not all software can be kept from starting during boot, I ended up uninstalling some of them. Some programs aren't affected by the startup setting either, like Google Update. Some programs can be stopped from starting during boot using the "Startup" tab in Task Manager, but this doesn't list all programs actually.
Upvote 0

Photos

The Google Photos service retains anything deleted for up to 60 days so if you've deleted those photos within that time you should just be able to restore them. In the Google Photos app or using the web interface at https://photos.google.com if you click on the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) icon in the upper left and click on 'Trash', hopefully those photos should still be retrievable.
Upvote 0

Instagram messages problem

yeah if they are not on the browser then that means the info is gone from their server and might be lost for good. you can try and contact instagram and see what they say.

https://help.instagram.com/381579045265733?helpref=page_content
Oh okay so it’s possible for Instagram to mess up so hard?
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones

Filter