• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XDA has gone all Switch'ed uP

Some great progress being made now..LineageOS now released and running..

The Good..
You get all of your basic Android features, support for Google services, and even support for native Nvidia Shield applications. That means you can play Half-Life and Portal on the go, and even make use of GeForce Now if you’re a part of the beta. The Joycons and Nintendo Pro Controller work without a hitch, keyboard and mouse works when docked..

https://www.xda-developers.com/switchroot-lineageos-android-nintendo-switch/

The Bad..
  • Deep sleep, so battery life is not great
  • Auto rotation
  • Screen off in dock
  • Charging is not detected, but console still charges
  • Some apps don’t handle joycon inputs correctly
  • The touchscreen sometimes detects touches even when your finger is just floating over the screen.
:batdroid:

Desynching photos temporarily

My friend has his photos synced to google. He wants to know how to shut that off temporarily. How can he take a few photos without having them show up on Google and then put it back the other way?
Very easy: open Google's Photos app, select its menu (3 bars, top left of screen), choose Settings | Back up & Sync, and flip the switch next to 'Back up & Sync' off. When ready to turn it back on, flip the switch on.

SCHEDULE APP UPDATES

Application updates shouldn't hit it too much (depending on how many you have that are updated and how big they are), but you have a better idea of your monthly usage and if even a few app updates will be an issue.

To echo, though, you'll have to set the Play Store for wifi-only updates and use another application to turn on/off wifi during certain hours.

Yes Or No - game with over 2mln downloads

Hi everyone :) I would like to introduce you my new game. Game it's really easy. You're getting questions on which you have to answer yes or no. Or you can skip question if you just don't want to answer on it for some reason. After every 15 questions you will get a joke to read, just to do a game more fun. I think the greates feature is that you can add your own question into the game, so you can be a part of my game :). I think I designed it well, but feel free to comment. It's always good to have opinions from other people. Here are some photos and a link of course.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.esdroid.yon

View attachment 117284 View attachment 117285 View attachment 117282
GG for your game brotha. Keep it up

[APP][FREE] My first Android app : Space Weather Reporter

Hi,

I released my first Android app a few days ago and I would like to know what you think.

Space Weather Reporter downloads information about coronal mass ejections, solar flares, geomagnetic storms and many other events.

It shows notifications about those events even when the app is not running but you can configure how and when is this information downloaded to minimize battery usage and to keep the Internet usage under control.

The information shown in this app is intended for the scientific community and it's considered 'experimental research information' but I'm a huge NASA fan and this was a perfect opportunity to create an app using the 'Database Of Notifications, Knowledge and Information'.

Space Weather Reporter is free and it has no ads.

This is the Play Store page : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.briskbard.spaceweatherreporter

Can you top this?

Not me, but my wife did.
She was having some issues last weekend, with her phone, and asked me to look at it.
I don't know why, but she had 73 apps needing to be updated.

Ok, now I felt brave and asked her why? She said that as long as it was working, she didn't do anything to it. She also had well over 100 pages in chrome. No wonder hers is slowing down.

I cleared out her junk and updated her apps and now she says it's doing much, much better. 3-4 months she'll be back... Just watch.
You win again! I surrender! Lol

Filter

Back
Top Bottom