• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

although I do have rom premium, is this the only place it is going to be available? (asking for the peeps who don't wanna pay.)

Yeah, it'll still be on the wiki.

Koush's policy regarding hosting ROMs on ROM manager is that the ROMs are available free mon - fri and paid on weekends.

Upvote 0
:thinking: I have CM7-Ascend-05092011 currently loaded as read from ROM Manager Premium v4.2.02. When I click the check for update button the ROM manager says' "No new Update". What are the steps for finding the 05122011 version and downloading it using ROM manage premuim?

click on download rom, then go to icarusmod, then click cm7

Upvote 0
Thanks isaacj87! Seriously, you've gone above and beyond with working on this project! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say thanks for your dedication and hard work - Huawei should send you a job offer ;)

All thanks aside, I do have one question if anyone can answer:

When updating through ROM manager (5/09/11 to 5/12/11, etc), does everything on the phone get wiped (contacts, apps etc)?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
although I do have rom premium, is this the only place it is going to be available? (asking for the peeps who don't wanna pay.)
You can still use the Rom Manager to download the Rom itself. You just have to go into CWM to flash it I think. I downloaded 05122011 through the manager. If you want to make it easy;

Go into your SD card, Under the file Clockworkmod > Download > Romshare.deplyfu.com > Downloads > Keep opening until you get to the Rom. Move it to the main part of your SD card. That way when you go into CWM, You'll be able to find it easier. :]

Repeat this step for Gapps if you do not already have them on your SD card. (I keep them on there, Just in case).

Reactions: Deej029
Upvote 0
Thanks Septembersrain I must be a little slow. If I am following you right thw link ROM MANAGER leads me to is mirror.sea.tdrevolution.net when I select this i get cm/ I select that i get recovers/ then when I select that I just get a blank screen with a heading of Install ROM from SD CArd

I appear to be lost!
Are you speaking of how to get the Rom? Go into Rom Manager > Download Rom > IcarusMod > CM7-Ascend-05122011 (Or whatever is the newest at the time), Then download it. Then follow my instructions from above.

Reactions: PolluxStL
Upvote 0
I was able to download the ROM that way, but I had trouble installing it. It's the first time I've had trouble. Can I go from the 05072011 to the 05122011 or do I need to take the 05092011 intermediate step?

I got to the black Huawei logo and everything just froze up. It didn't go any farther. I feel silly asking this, I'm sure it's something simple and stupid I'm missing.

Upvote 0
I was able to download the ROM that way, but I had trouble installing it. It's the first time I've had trouble. Can I go from the 05072011 to the 05122011 or do I need to take the 05092011 intermediate step?

I got to the black Huawei logo and everything just froze up. It didn't go any farther. I feel silly asking this, I'm sure it's something simple and stupid I'm missing.
Some phones do not take well to 05092011/05122011. Your phone may be one of them. Have you tried doing a full wipe, Then flashing the rom through CWM? Also, Did you try to flash Cm7 and Gapps separate?

Reactions: PolluxStL
Upvote 0
Some phones do not take well to 05092011/05122011. Your phone may be one of them. Have you tried doing a full wipe, Then flashing the rom through CWM? Also, Did you try to flash Cm7 and Gapps separate?
Yes, I ran through Tokenpoke's whole guide but it just froze up. So is it possible that 05072011 is as far as I'm going to be able to go?

Upvote 0
just installed the 05142011..so far so good..:eek:) thanks Isaac!! You ARE awesome!!:D

oh hey..on the wiki site...what is the chaos kernel zip for.....I'm curious...If it could benefit my ascend maybe i'll try it but i don't know what its purpose is...any information would be greatly appreciated..:p

ohhhh wait..does this allow the higher overclocking? I was getting some weird stutter type hangs over 710 so I dont think i need this..:eek:D...See? I CAN answer my own questions lol

Upvote 0
just installed the 05142011..so far so good..:eek:) thanks Isaac!! You ARE awesome!!:D

oh hey..on the wiki site...what is the chaos kernel zip for.....I'm curious...If it could benefit my ascend maybe i'll try it but i don't know what its purpose is...any information would be greatly appreciated..:p

ohhhh wait..does this allow the higher overclocking? I was getting some weird stutter type hangs over 710 so I dont think i need this..:eek:D...See? I CAN answer my own questions lol

yes thats for peoples phone that can overclock above 710...:cool:

Reactions: Hottoddy
Upvote 0
Just one quick question kind sir. Will the old build still remain on the wiki? I really like the 05092011 build it works freat on my phone, and I also enjoy the overclock at 748.

Ps.
You, playful, nuttmeg, september, and many other people are the main reason I am keeping my ascend as a second phone. You guys ROCK!!!! This whole forum ROCKS!!!! Everyone is so helpful and I have learned a wealth of knowledge just from these forums. soooooo a big THANK YOU to everyone for all their input and helping in detecting and solving issues!!!!!!
Yea man, What you said. This forum ROCKS!!!!!!!!!Metro can kiss my azz, Cmon.:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones