• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT (Boardwalk Empire):

I heard there was a huge twist last night in the finale. Please don't spoil it.

I don't watch the show but I'm considering starting. Can anyone tell me if it's good?

My husband & I watch it. I am from NJ, so I enjoy the bit of history there. It can be a bit slow moving at times, but overall I really like it. Lots of stories mixed in and just the right amount of "effed up" IMO. :eek:

Upvote 0
3 days, but so far so good. Typical acclimation junk. Landscape "up" and "down" are backward from what I'm used to due to volume being on left instead of right. Max volume is definitely too quiet. Radio isn't (as of 4.0.1) as good as I'd like in weak environments. My TV doesn't recognize it yet...still need to look into that... etc.
:eek:

it almost sounds anti-climatic. Anything GOOD to report? If the screen and ICS are it's ONLY selling points and rooting isn't an issue, I may have to compare side by side with Rezound before plunking down some hard-earned cash...

Upvote 0
:eek:

it almost sounds anti-climatic. Anything GOOD to report? If the screen and ICS are it's ONLY selling points and rooting isn't an issue, I may have to compare side by side with Rezound before plunking down some hard-earned cash...

It's better than the Rezound in every way, I don't see why you would get the Rezound if the Galaxy Nexus was available to purchase...

Upvote 0
Trust me, when Verizon FINALLY releases this phone I will go absolutely NUTS!! But until then I'm just assuming it's never coming out.

So you acknowledge that the Verizon Nexus will be released as it is a matter of "when" but then at the same time you're assuming it's never coming out? :thinking: How could you anticipate going nuts over something that you are assuming will never happen? If it's never going to happen then anticipation is meaningless!

Yea yeah I know what you mean, I'm just yanking your chain. ;)

Upvote 0
If the Galaxy Nexus doesn't come out this week or this month for that matter I'm not buying anything. I will not help Verizon's 4th quarter sales numbers for a phone I do not want, nor will I sign in to another 2 year contract without the Galaxy Nexus... If my OG Droid doesn't hold up then I will look online for something newer off contract to get me by.

I'm of this mindset myself, but I'm in a pickle. One of the VZW sales associates who sold me my Incredible is a wonderful employee. She always asks how I am, and I made a note to make sure she's the one that sells me my Nexus so that she can get the commission; however, I am so disappointed and fet up with how Verizon has handled this, and I don't want to give them any of my money, so I was considering going to Best Buy to purchase the phone and eBay for all accessories. I don't want any of my money going to this company (other than the bill).

Upvote 0
Honest question here ... why is everybody obsessed with knowing the reason for the delay? Why does it matter?

All of this theorizing about Google Wallet makes zero sense, it contradicts known facts, and as far as I can tell it's just something that was made up by the online community and repeated enough times that everybody believes it.

I'm sure the real reason for the delay is something pretty boring. A last-minute software glitch, perhaps. Or maybe just marketing people moving release dates around to make the best use of resources and ad budgets. No evil conspiracy, no staggering incompetence, no scandal, just business as usual -- but with a mob of obsessed geeks watching it all through a magnifying glass.

But whatever the reason, what difference does it make? The phone will be out when Verizon is ready to release it. Knowing how they arrived at that date won't make it any sooner.

Upvote 0
It could. but we also know there are people internal to VZW who are not happy about this delaying the phone. If the theory has some truth to it, Verizon has until Isis is ready (read 6+ months probably) to work it out, those people pushing an immediate release will become more adamant, as 4Q sales are being more and more affected. I personally think it is already too late, but if they have enough stock to support a massive launch, then maybe they will be fine.

true, i agree it's probably too late to help their 4Q sales and that scares me some. they may just rest their 4Q sales on the rezound, razr and the soon to be released droid 4. they might be thinking of pushing the nexus to 1Q 2012 to help their sales there. i think delaying it that far would actually hurt phone sales but verizon is so arrogant they probably think the phone will sell no matter how long they delay it.

Upvote 0
Honest question here ... why is everybody obsessed with knowing the reason for the delay? Why does it matter?

All of this theorizing about Google Wallet makes zero sense, it contradicts known facts, and as far as I can tell it's just something that was made up by the online community and repeated enough times that everybody believes it.

I'm sure the real reason for the delay is something pretty boring. A last-minute software glitch, perhaps. Or maybe just marketing people moving release dates around to make the best use of resources and ad budgets. No evil conspiracy, no staggering incompetence, no scandal, just business as usual -- but with a mob of obsessed geeks watching it all through a magnifying glass.

But whatever the reason, what difference does it make? The phone will be out when Verizon is ready to release it. Knowing how they arrived at that date won't make it any sooner.

Cause we have nothing else to debate / discuss about the phone otherwise.

Reactions: esmith818
Upvote 0

I highly doubt that; keeping stock makes you lose money, not the other way around. My bestbuy and Verizon both have it, and from the sound of it they weren't very happy about the delay either... its more than just software/marketing.

Upvote 0

We're geeks, by nature we want to know everything, when someone witholds information from us we dig around to find what it is, it is in our nature to know what's going on. And yes, we like to make assumptions. :p

And the difference it makes for a lot of us is a USABLE phone. Most of our phones require a reboot at least once or twice a day so having something that works ALL the time will be remarkable. Plus I can't play any games or do too much on my phone since it's pretty much out of memory, and I have a lot of my apps installed on the memory card.

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
random question-will the nexus come with a stock weather widget like my TB, it seems as if it's essential to me now lol. if not, what's a nice looking one to get?

When I switched from Sense based ROM's to AOSP Rom's the only thing I missed was that great Sense weather widget.

As others have stated the Beautiful Widgets one is pretty nice, although I prefer BeWeatherPro, IMO it's the nicest weather widget out there (besides the Sense one)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones