• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already planning a joke for my fellow Nexicans waiting in line tomorrow for VZW to open and sell us our damn phones:

"Can you believe they released it in WHITE? The RAZR keeps getting better and better."

If you hear this lame joke tomorrow at a Denver VZW store, it was
13604923.jpg

Upvote 0
Just stopped at an authorized reseller. They didn't have the stock yet but he is waiving my $30.00 upgrade fee and he said they would have them by tomorrow. After I left he called and said they just showed in his system and they were getting two tomorrow and he was putting my name on one. The Corp store can suck it because they have been unhelpful. Anyway yay!!!!!! So happy!:D

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Thanx to OTD...i have been using an old apk for Google Voice and i can confirm it does not work on the GN...not sure why but when i start the app and click on the next button at the bottom right it says..."google voice failed to load" it will load the new apk just fine but i have not been able to get the old 0.3.4 to load.

OTD....if if you get yours tomorrow and can figure this out please PM me...other than that the phone is great. Speaker is a little softer than i like but still usable and like everyone else said, it just feels great in your hand.

Still playing....

I figured that might be a problem with ICS. I've started playing around with Groove IP and a few other apps just for that reason.

Not sure if it is the case on the Nexus, but in my ICS ROM (under Phone > Settings) there is an option for Internet Call Settings. In those settings there are options for a SIP account. You may want to look into that.

Reactions: jasaero
Upvote 0
I apologize in advance, I am bored.
'Twas the night before Release Day, when all through the store
Not a creature was stirring, not a manager on the sales floor;
Accessories were hung on display racks with care,
In hopes that the Gnex soon would be there;
The Members were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Ice Cream Sandwiches danced in their heads;
And OTD in her nightie, and Steven58 in his cap,
Had just settled down for a brief late-night nap,
When from his computer there arose such a clatter,
Steven58 sprang from his bed to see what was the matter.
He woke up his Mac to see what was causing the ruckus,
In the back of his mind thinking,

Reactions: mthoren68
Upvote 0
Han, last night around 11:30 central time the verizon site was updating and I'm not sure who pointed it out, but they were fixing the open/close times and Thursday was just completely missing. Haha. We were all like "oh, so theyre just removing Thursdays now?" but it was pretty crazy because you would refresh, and there would be one or two pages again with people freaking out about it. And then someone was on testman and refreshed, and at the bottom of the screen there was a galaxy nexus ad, he took a picture and posted it so its on here somewhere, but then refreshed again and it was gone. Pretty funny night

Upvote 0
Figured I'd call for my michigan buddies

L O store.
"Just calling to see if there's new info about gnex"
"please hold"
comes back - "supposed to be... tomorrrrowww?" - said it very cautiously.
"haha yeah i know... just wanting to confirm, so you have them in stock right?"
"mmmhmmmmm" - like he was clenching her teeth to be discrete
"wow i bet you had them a while ago"
"oh sweetie... we've had these since last week... so WE'LL SEE!!!"

I love this woman, haha

R H store (sounded like a tightly wound up lady)
"I was calling regarding the galaxy nex-"
"Sorry we don't have any information"
"Oh, wow, I see"
"yeah sorry."
.... jerk, not getting my business, can at least be nice about it...

R O store (Dude)
blah blah about nexus
"we don't have any information"
"oh really? nothing about tomorrow?"
"no."

I went in to the Southfield store and not only did they have one that I played around with for like 10 minutes (SO COOL CAN'T WAIT!!) when I asked anything about Thursday the salesman that I was talking to verbally said he doesn't know anything about it, but gave me a wink at the end...Take it for what it's worth.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Rybnik
Upvote 0
I can only assume that Verizon doesn't really care how well the GN sells and may actually prefer that it not sell well at the expense of the Razr and thus the lack of promo/information from Verizon. I wonder if their sales staff will still be pushing Razrs on unsuspecting customers after the GN launches. Anyone know if the Razr commercials are Verizon or Motorola sponsored?

Upvote 0
Potentially GREAT news for me! Tomorrow confirmed twice.

Just called like 6 stores, RS, retailers and corporate...

Radio Shack:
Me: I'd like to check on the availability of the Galaxy Nexus.
RS: We don't have any right now but it launches tomorrow right?
Me: Uh, Yeah that's what I've heard.
RS: We can call you when it's available.

They call back 10 mins later... "Hey you're in luck, we just got one in shipment. Ill put your name on it and hold it for you tomorrow. See you in the morning"

Corporate:
Me: I'd like to check on the availability of the Galaxy Nexus.
Corp: It launches tomorrow. I just got mine for my work phone and I've been playing with it all day. (They continued to go on how they loved the phone)
Me: Great can I set up an appointment tomorrow?
Corp: Well I can't really set one up for you since it hasn't officially released. I'm not even sure If I'm allowed to tell you that or not *snicker* but we have plenty in stock. Come in tomorrow and you shouldn't have a problem.

BOOYAH!! Two places (one holding it for me) that I know I can get the phone tomorrow! :)

Upvote 0
OT LUNCH PARTY
So we just had our Christmas lunch party at work and at the end they handed out gifts. I got an 8gb Ipod Nano.... Really now I have to try and sell an Ipod Nano to someone.

ON TOPIC
If the Galaxy Nexus doesn't release tomorrow I am going to punch some random person... I just hope said person isn't bigger then I am or a crazy Jujitsu fighter that is going to pound my face

Reactions: jmar and pcriz
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones