• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Dead after ROM Flash?

sure... you can run PG86IMG while s-on. you just have to relock,and you must use the build that youre on or newer,not one thats older.

not sure whats up with the shipped rom linke... see if this takes you to the shooter page:
Shipped ROMs

That one works but just downloads "download.htm", but maybe it's because I'm doing it from my phone so I won't have to worry with downloading tomorrow

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Sorry meant to check in earlier. The laptop isn't finding the 3vo right now to do the ruu through fastboot usb

We're getting mixed up here. The phone would have to be in fastboot usb mode (the computer recognizing the phone) to run the Ruu. Can't use fastboot commands that I know of, and couldn't without fastboot usb being recognized :/

Upvote 0
We're getting mixed up here. The phone would have to be in fastboot usb mode (the computer recognizing the phone) to run the Ruu. Can't use fastboot commands that I know of, and couldn't without fastboot usb being recognized :/

If I'm understanding you right, meant in general that the computer wasn't finding the phone just in fastboot (fastboot usb not coming up)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
tried different cables? make sure nothings running(htc sync,pda net,easy tether,even itunes)? what have you got installed for drivers?

i use and recomend these,from revolutionary: http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

showing up in device manager yet?

Have got absolutely nothing running. Standard htc drivers (installs once you plug in for first time. Had no problems with fastboot usb in past) ill try those drivers here in a minute.

Upvote 0
Now I'm getting confused :p
If you boot into fastboot you will see the word fastboot in red letters. Once you connect to pc, it will say fastboot usb in red letters if the pc recognizes the phone. So if you are not seeing fastboot usb, that means you won't be able to run the Ruu because the pc isn't recognizing the phone.

Not that you don't understand this or anything, I am just making it more clear as my last post was a little convoluted.

Upvote 0
Now I'm getting confused :p
If you boot into fastboot you will see the word fastboot in red letters. Once you connect to pc, it will say fastboot usb in red letters if the pc recognizes the phone. So if you are not seeing fastboot usb, that means you won't be able to run the Ruu because the pc isn't recognizing the phone.

Not that you don't understand this or anything, I am just making it more clear as my last post was a little convoluted.

That I know, I think my previous post mentioning fastboot usb might have made ya think that. Oops :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones