• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatalities 2024

One of my first 8 track tapes was Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66. It was a gift from my older sister. I have seven of his songs in my digital library. I agree that he had a unique sound and it was easy to get caught up in. RIP and thanks very much for the tunes.

James Earl Jones just past away. RIP Mr Jones. watching Star Wars will have extra meaning for me.

No word on the cause just yet.

^^^ I just heard that and came here to find you had already shared it. At 93 I would think the cause is what they used to call “old age,” which is good enough an explanation as any, I should think.

In any event, he was an excellent actor and I enjoyed watching him in any role. Or even when you never saw him, but just heard his deep, mellifluous voice. (If you haven’t seen the top ten list he did for Letterman, go Google it!)

RIP, Mr. Jones, and thank you for sharing your considerable talents for so long. My condolences to your fans, friends, family and loved ones.

James Earl Jones just past away. RIP Mr Jones. watching Star Wars will have extra meaning for me.

No word on the cause just yet.
Wow.

I hadn’t realized Mr. Jones actually did two top ten lists on Letterman, and the official YT page only has one, and it pales in comparison to the first. It took some digging to find it and you’ll have to watch some other nonsense for a couple of minutes, but it’s worth it.

Peter Renaday | Actor, Additional Crew, Writer Peter Renaday voice actor massive explosive, known through a lot of his work.. May he rest in peace.
I'm not sure what the massive explosive means. He was 89 and found dead in his Burbank home following a welfare check and it appears to be natural causes (no foul play -- or explosives involved).

RIP Mr. Renaday, and thanks for sharing your talents. Condolences to your fans, friends, family and loved ones.

FB_IMG_1726020005409.jpg

Internationally recognized professional ballerina Michaela Mabinty DePrince, who was part of the Boston Ballet and star of the 2011 documentary “First Position”died on September 10th. She was just 29 and no cause of death was noted.

Compounding the family’s sorrow is that her adoptive mother Elaine died the following day during a pre-op procedure. She hadn’t yet heard of Michaela’s death.

RIP to each of them, with thanks to Elaine for adopting Michaela from a life of poverty and enabling her to live her dream, and with thanks to Michaela for sharing her talents and inspiring young women of color. Condolences to their family, friends and loved ones.

Actor Chad McQueen, perhaps best known from “The Karate Kid” movies, and son of Steve McQueen, has died at 63. No cause was noted.

RIP, Mr. McQueen, and thanks for sharing your talents. Condolences to your fans, friends, family and loved ones.

Back
Top Bottom