• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1-21-13][ROM] CM10.1 for the evoLTE!!

Overall I really like CM10 but I'm having two issues that are a bit of a pain in the ass:

- MMS isn't working. All I get is a "Downloading" box that never produces the actual message

- Horrible mobile data signal. Especially when leaving WiFi ... it takes forever to pick up even a 3G signal. I can still text and make calls without a signal but no internet access. If I uncheck and recheck "Data enabled" it will sometimes connect but overall the mobile data connection has been pretty terrible

Upvote 0
Overall I really like CM10 but I'm having two issues that are a bit of a pain in the ass:

- MMS isn't working. All I get is a "Downloading" box that never produces the actual message

- Horrible mobile data signal. Especially when leaving WiFi ... it takes forever to pick up even a 3G signal. I can still text and make calls without a signal but no internet access. If I uncheck and recheck "Data enabled" it will sometimes connect but overall the mobile data connection has been pretty terrible

MMS was working many builds ago, but every now and then you'll have a build that doesn't work.

Such is the nature of nightlies. Were living on the edge.

One fix that has been offered up before is to go into your SMS settings and change the auto fetch MMS setting so that it doesn't auto fetch

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
MMS was working many builds ago, but every now and then you'll have a build that doesn't work.

Such is the nature of nightlies. Were living on the edge.

One fix that has been offered up before is to go into your SMS settings and change the auto fetch MMS setting so that it doesn't auto fetch

Thanks, I made that change and hopefully it makes a difference. The MMS issues are a minor annoyance compared to the terrible mobile data signal. So many little things keep piling up with this ROM over the last couple of days, today I sent out a bunch of text messages over an hour or two, and then got all of the replies hours later ... 20+ texts rolling in all at once.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I threw caution to the wind and copied the apns-conf.xml file linked in the post below to my /system/etc folder, set the proper permissions, rebooted and immediately picked up a 4G signal. YMMV but I was at a complete loss for any next steps to figured it was worth a shot.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=34968318#post34968318

Thanks for that. What are the proper permission settings for this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I put it to rw-r-r. I'm rebooting now. Fingers crossed!

Upvote 0
so here is where that fix came from to give credit where credit is due:
[MOD] [CM10] MMS Fix (Sprint)

Thanks, that's interesting. I saw this solution presented as a fix for the poor data reception I was having, I didn't even think about using it as a resolution for the issues I was having with MMS. It's important to note that the two APN files that are linked in my post and ocnbrze are very different - the version linked in my post is much longer and seems to contain wireless support for US Cellular and Verizon.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks, that's interesting. I saw this solution presented as a fix for the poor data reception I was having, I didn't even think about using it as a resolution for the issues I was having with MMS. It's important to note that the two APN files that are linked in my post and ocnbrze are very different - the version linked in my post is much longer and seems to contain wireless support for US Cellular and Verizon.

interesting i could have sworn they were the same when i read the posts, but i guess i'm wrong. thanx for clearing that up.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I made that change and hopefully it makes a difference. The MMS issues are a minor annoyance compared to the terrible mobile data signal. So many little things keep piling up with this ROM over the last couple of days, today I sent out a bunch of text messages over an hour or two, and then got all of the replies hours later ... 20+ texts rolling in all at once.

I've been having zMMS issues and texting, i get replies hours later because of it, images refuse to download, and my signal is constantly jumping between 1g-3g. not once have i gotten 4g/lte

Upvote 0
I've been having zMMS issues and texting, i get replies hours later because of it, images refuse to download, and my signal is constantly jumping between 1g-3g. not once have i gotten 4g/lte

The xda post I linked to above has resolved my mobile signal reception issues. MMS is still an issue unfortunately and while the resolution method appears to be the same (see ocnbrze's link) the files are different so it appears to be one or the other. I'm going to do some more research and see if it's possible to combine the two into a fix for both issues.

Reactions: syi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The xda post I linked to above has resolved my mobile signal reception issues. MMS is still an issue unfortunately and while the resolution method appears to be the same (see ocnbrze's link) the files are different so it appears to be one or the other. I'm going to do some more research and see if it's possible to combine the two into a fix for both issues.

I would like that very much, I desperately need my connection issues solved or band-aided at least.

Upvote 0
12/4 is up

I don't think I've heard anyone say that these weren't nightlies.

There isn't a release candidate or release version of any cm10 for any device that I'm aware of.

there's a "stable" build in one of the threads linked in the OP, I am using that right now and it's been well enough compared to how previous nightlies were running for me

Upvote 0
I think I need to find a new rom...This is so sad, I want things to work, but we're still in nighties really.

Exactly why I've resisted the urge to flash it and am still running the stock ROM with great pleasure. This Evo LTE represents the first Android phone I've ever owned where I didn't feel the need to flash ROMs to get what I was looking for in a mobile device. I look forward to CM10 when it's finally completed and the increased performance and features but I don't feel like testing on my current device so I'm content to wait and hope that it's ready sooner than later.

Upvote 0
I didn't start using it until the 11/24 build and I'm on the 12/05 build from IRC.

Both have run great for me. Great battery life, and MMS works with the stock app for me.

I'm loving it.

I just make sure I have a GPS lock, and refresh PRL and Profile on a Sense Rom before wiping and flashing CM10.
For GPS once it gets a lock with a Sense rom I leave it on. It's worked great for me every time.

Edit: I also do a full wipe every time. Wipe Dalvick, Cache, factory reset, and System. I haven't tried a dirty flash yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones