• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1 Click root app on the market

question: Do I have to be deodexed to download any apps that are root only apps? like wireless tether?

Btros you nd the rest of the experts have been of great help. I appreciate you guys being so patient. Can you explain the purpose of RSD Lite when flashing with SBF 2.2?

Haha, thanks, but I'm definitely no expert, I just happened to have researched and asked the same questions everyone here is asking a few days ago when I decided to get rooted myself. In fact I'd say I was as clueless as anyone before a few days ago. It's just one of those things where once you decide to learn it, it's not as hard as it seemed. Next week you'll be giving advice ;)

Case in point, I know nothing about rsdlite other than you use it when you need to flash everything back to stock. I use a Mac and it doesn't run on Mac so I haven't looked into it yet.

thanks, will we "lose" root when the "fix" comes out?
Also, is there a "one click" unroot?
I'm sure this is in a different thread, but what is RSD Lite and where do we get the SBF 2.2.
Last, and again, thanks for all the help you folks offer us dummies, but is there a "one click" ROM or theme?

thanks, will we "lose" root when the "fix" comes out?
Also, is there a "one click" unroot?
I'm sure this is in a different thread, but what is RSD Lite and where do we get the SBF 2.2.
Last, and again, thanks for all the help you folks offer us dummies, but is there a "one click" ROM or theme?

I think you'll have to wait to see if any updates make you lose root (let some other people try it first) but assume that it will.
There are one click "unroots" but this one in particular (VISIONary) does not have that. If you root your phone through the below method, for example, there is also an option to unroot:
http://smartphonetricks.com/motorol...ructions-and-overclock-by-accessorygeeks.html
To install a custom ROM or theme, you have to follow the installation instructions, which means putting your phone into recovery mode. Not quite one click, but only like 4 or 5 clicks really.

ok rooting newbie here. Just got droid x and installed the z4root now how do I install a custom rom to it and what roms are available for the droid x?

Back
Top Bottom