• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1 Click root app on the market

All I want root for is the wireless tether for root app that said do I understand right that the one click root method can unroot if needed as long as you do delete any of the bloatware correct.

Nevermind I will finger it out for my shelf.

I need to root my DX that I just got yesterday, came 2.2 pre-installed. I've been accustomed to my rooted D1 for so long and I know that the DX root process is different so I need some help.

I would like to just do a "1 click root method" if possible, but I can use ADB/SDK if that is the best way to root the DX, I got some familiarity with ADB. Also, I'm confused on this bootstrap stuff, etc.

In a nutshell, I want to be able to root my DX, use Clockwork Recovery (for backups, flashing roms, etc.), use Rom Manger, be able to unistall system apps, etc.

Thanks guys :)
- BUD

I read through the thread but I just need some clairfication because I have never done this.

1) When I root I am doing it only to remove the bloatware, will it come back when I unroot?

1A) If it does not come back will that affect future updates?

2) When I do root, do I just delete the sofware from the setting > applications menu?

3) How do I unroot? (I read the user guide but I dont want to flash someone's 2.2 ROM, I want to legitimately unroot)

I read through the thread but I just need some clairfication because I have never done this.

1) When I root I am doing it only to remove the bloatware, will it come back when I unroot?

1A) If it does not come back will that affect future updates?

2) When I do root, do I just delete the sofware from the setting > applications menu?

3) How do I unroot? (I read the user guide but I dont want to flash someone's 2.2 ROM, I want to legitimately unroot)

1. No it will not come back, you can get titanium backup and back it up before you delete or you could rename them. I would go the titanium route. You can also sbf that will take your phone back to the way it was when you bought it with all the bloatware.

1A. I'm almost positive you need the bloatware to upgrade without messing up your phone.

3. I believe one of the root apps let's you unroot, but you can also use sbf that will take you back completely stock.

I recommend titanium backup, for removing bloatware or restoring after you sbf. It will work if you get the free version but the paid one is so much easier when restoring

thank you very much, the exact info i was looking for. Im sure my phone staying awake all the time is the culprit of one of those preinstalled apps. and it is driving me crazy!

Just curious - if you rooted through a different method than z4root, can you still unroot through z4root if you needed to?

I'm wondering if you can unroot with it if you DIDN'T use it to root though. I assume you can, just making sure for future reference.

Back
Top Bottom