• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 1 Click root app on the market

Rooting takes awhile, maybe around 5 minutes. Don't be afraid to stop it, reboot and try again if it takes longer.

z4root is no longer on the Market. I've been trying to download the app from the thread over @ XDA and I keep getting an error that it won't download. Says that this content is not compatible with my device, something like that. I have the setup option enabled to allow 3rd party site downloads of apk files .

I installed the new software update that broke root access this morning. Several forums say the app works with the new update but I can't seem to download the thing!

z4root is no longer on the Market. I've been trying to download the app from the thread over @ XDA and I keep getting an error that it won't download. Says that this content is not compatible with my device, something like that. I have the setup option enabled to allow 3rd party site downloads of apk files .

I installed the new software update that broke root access this morning. Several forums say the app works with the new update but I can't seem to download the thing!

You should just download it on your PC and transfer or email to the device. Have you tried that?

GMB

Does anybody know why I can't seem to unroot? I'm on 2.2..Got the superuser permissions in my apps...
I used the 1 click root droid x program for windows to root it in the beginning. When I used it again to Unroot, nothing will remove the superuser permissions on my phone. The 1 click root/unroot program on my pc says it was successful, and my phone does reboot. My USB debugging is on.

Anyway I tried this app to unroot and it tells me "Your device does not appear to be rooted"
should I try and root using this app and then unroot?? halp me :(

Does anybody know why I can't seem to unroot? I'm on 2.2..Got the superuser permissions in my apps...
I used the 1 click root droid x program for windows to root it in the beginning. When I used it again to Unroot, nothing will remove the superuser permissions on my phone. The 1 click root/unroot program on my pc says it was successful, and my phone does reboot. My USB debugging is on.

Anyway I tried this app to unroot and it tells me "Your device does not appear to be rooted"

The absolute easiest way to do it is going to be SBFing back to stock. That will do it. We are lucky enough to have a Guide, Steven58, that specializes in SBFing if you would like assistance.

GMB

Firstly, try using z4Root 1.3.0 to unroot. Then just delete the superuser.apk file. If that doesn't work just execute sbf. If you need help, ask me, like the big-mod said. :)

edit: here's the link to the app: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/System-Utilities/Enhancements/z4root-110178.shtml

Well I found some instructions on another forum that says to just delete the superuser.apk file, busybox and su files...

is this safe and will verizon be able to tell? I'm trying to unroot it only because I just recieved a new (certified "like-new") replacement in the mail today and gotta send back this one.. probably doesnt matter weather its rooted or not since i already have the replacement but i dunno

just delete the apps and do a factory data reset. They'll never know. Mwah hahahahah. :D

Well I found some instructions on another forum that says to just delete the superuser.apk file, busybox and su files...

is this safe and will verizon be able to tell? I'm trying to unroot it only because I just recieved a new (certified "like-new") replacement in the mail today and gotta send back this one.. probably doesnt matter weather its rooted or not since i already have the replacement but i dunno

If your sending it back anyways then thats even more of reason to SBF and factory restore it. But if you really don't feel comfortable with the SBF then just do a factory data reset in the privacy menu and call it good.

Settings/Privacy/FactoryDataReset

GMB

ok thank you both. I ended up just deleting those files I mentioned and factory resetting the phone.

I feel like such a dumb ass. When I found out that the update broke root, I figured I'd better install Z4root from the market before the update hit. Then I found out the update had stalled. Then I found the leaked update at AndroidCentral. So I performed the update myself and it worked great. Go to the market to download Z4root and it's nowhere to be found... GREAT!!!

I forgot about downloading it before I updated. God I wished I would have, if I'd already downloaded the app then it would be on my phone regardless if they hid it on the market after the update. But now that I can't find it on there I guess I'm going to have to find it by some other means.

What a dork.

I feel like such a dumb ass. When I found out that the update broke root, I figured I'd better install Z4root from the market before the update hit. Then I found out the update had stalled. Then I found the leaked update at AndroidCentral. So I performed the update myself and it worked great. Go to the market to download Z4root and it's nowhere to be found... GREAT!!!

I forgot about downloading it before I updated. God I wished I would have, if I'd already downloaded the app then it would be on my phone regardless if they hid it on the market after the update. But now that I can't find it on there I guess I'm going to have to find it by some other means.

What a dork.

You can get it here at XDA:

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

I had my phone rooted when I had 2.3.15 OTA. I unrooted it so I could make sure I got the 2.3.304OTA. Now that I have it I tried all of the root methods and no luck. I tried multiple times for a whole day. When I tried the z4root method I first tried the temporary root just to see if it would take. It did not work and I was starting to get a little worried. Then I tried the permanent root and it only took about 1 minute to root my phone. This is an awsome way to go.

I want to encourage newbie rooters to learn how to do a restore (SBF), BEFORE they start to root. Ask me and I'll direct you.

Okay, I know I'm a n00b. I want to take Steven58's advice and learn to backup and restore before I try to root. But I don't know what SBF is. I googled it, and here's what I found:

Acronym Definition
SBF Studium Biblicum Franciscanum (Franciscan School of Biblical Investigations; Jerusalem, Israel)
SBF Single Black Female
SBF Small Block Ford (automotive engine)
SBF Siyasal Bilgiler Fak

Okay, I know I'm a n00b. I want to take Steven58's advice and learn to backup and restore before I try to root. But I don't know what SBF is. I googled it, and here's what I found:

Acronym Definition
SBF Studium Biblicum Franciscanum (Franciscan School of Biblical Investigations; Jerusalem, Israel)
SBF Single Black Female
SBF Small Block Ford (automotive engine)
SBF Siyasal Bilgiler Fak

thanks, sorry to ask but what do i do with the file? do i just download it to my sdcard and then copy it to the /system/app folder inside root explorer?

Back
Top Bottom