• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else planning on pre-ordering?

I want one! But... I want it from a store. Is this gonna be sold at bestbuy, radioshack or pc richard or staples even? If so Im considering it seriously...

I also want one from a store. My birthday was earlier this month and this is what I wanted so in liue of an actual product (Original rumors thought this would release in May) my wife bought me a 200$ Best Buy Gift card. Afterwards I thought to myself "I assume they will be sold in stores too." I guess we will see. I have an original Transformer to get me though if I have to wait until later in the year to purchase at a store. I hope that its available in store about the same time as they start to ship from the PlayStore.

Everyone should wait a little before ordering. The device will not even ship for another few weeks. Microsoft Surface RT, Kindle Fire 2, etc will be out soon. Exisiting tablets should drop in price also.

Don't do the impulse buy. Look at all of the Kindle Fire owners lol. But I shouldn't be laughing since I bought one as a gift for a nephew.

I wanted the Nexus experience (latest and greatest and everything works) for my tab too.

I've already added it to my list of devices. :D

Everyone should wait a little before ordering. The device will not even ship for another few weeks. Microsoft Surface RT, Kindle Fire 2, etc will be out soon. Exisiting tablets should drop in price also.

Don't do the impulse buy. Look at all of the Kindle Fire owners lol. But I shouldn't be laughing since I bought one as a gift for a nephew.

I disagree. The MS Surface will be a first gen device. It remains to be seen whether Win 8 is going to be any good at all. The KF2 is going to be a skinned device that is tied to Amazon's ecosystem. Some people like that, some don't. The Nexus will be on Google's ecosystem and have access to Amazon's as well. It's worth considering a pre-order I think. I'd give the standard warnings I'd give to any early adopter though.

Went with the 16gb one. Question about paid apps - if I purchased an app that's on my GNex will it also sync over to this tab, or will I have to purchase it again?

Went with the 16gb one. Question about paid apps - if I purchased an app that's on my GNex will it also sync over to this tab, or will I have to purchase it again?

Every app I have purchased I can use on all of my devices.

You need to add the same Google acct that you used to purchase those apps and you'll be good. (You can add more than one acct. :D)

You only have to buy apps once and you can use them on all of your devices. Same policy goes for the amazon app store

Pre-ordered the 16gb version. I was annoyed at the lack of a back-camera and SD card slot, but not enough to overcome how stoked I am about a Nexus Tablet that will get updates directly from Google on a timely basis.

Ordered 16gb version as well. The price and the extra 25$ they say they are throwing in for the play store is too good of a deal to pass up. This is the first tablet for me, and I am super excited google is finally heading in the right direction in the tablet market.

I have been waiting forever for a tablet..hell,.my wife has had a tablet (Nook Color) for just over a year while I have patiently waited. Did I want the Transformer Infinity?...yes...but not at that price. And for my line of work I just need something on which I can easily connect with my Google account on something other than my "small" phone. Plus being Nexus, there is no other way to go. And, when the next iteration of Nexus tablet arrives, I give it to my wife and buy the new one.

Pre-ordered the 16GB. I have a 32GB Nexus but haven't come close to 16GB ever!

jmar

I'm in Japan and can't preorder from Google Play! I REALLY would like to pre-order it and have it when I get back home. I'm gonna sell my iPad 2 for this baby.

Back
Top Bottom