• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Beats Audio

whats that?

POSTED MARCH 1, 2012 AT 8:30 AM BY ELCONDORDIFFICULTY:2

Not too long ago, we wrote about how Beats Audio was slapped onto the Motorola Photon 4G. Now it seems almost all smartphone users can enjoy the popular sound modification. Built upon previous work by XDA Forum Member RockoDev who originally ported the package, this modification now works on all Gingerbread devices and is distributed from a thread by XDA member fuss132. Yes, that

Reactions: Dlightinu
Upvote 0
so flashed the beatsaudio pack.. overall, not much of a huge difference on the stock phone speaker, but there *is* considerably more bass and a lil bit of a better sound quality.. slipknot, flogging molly and pantera sound more like themselves now.. wiped cache and rebooted and no brick, so i guess good to go..

For some odd reason, The pack won't flash on my phone, it keeps aborting.

Upvote 0
so flashed the beatsaudio pack.. overall, not much of a huge difference on the stock phone speaker, but there *is* considerably more bass and a lil bit of a better sound quality.. slipknot, flogging molly and pantera sound more like themselves now.. wiped cache and rebooted and no brick, so i guess good to go..

What did you do to flash it? Mine is getting Status 0. I went to that XDA thread and tried most of the zips and none worked. And i'm not doing that 'manual' way since i can't find the folders for it on root explorer.

Upvote 0
What I did was unzipped the beats audio file and then I copied everything in the system folder and copied it into the system folder on the phone...it didn't copy over some of the files but I was like let me just try it out just like that and the music sounds amazing...very crisp...good bass

There isn't a way to know for sure by just looking at your phone if you installed beats audio because there isn't an icon or visible setting to adjust...just plug in your headphones and if you hear a crisp sound and bass harder than usual then your all set

I got the idea from another thread...

If there is anyone that has a better way to fully install beats audio please share because maybe it can improve the sound even better but I doubt it because the sound is amazing just the way it is...

Can't sleep been researching this for hours lol

Now I am going to make a Droid Beats UOT look out for that !!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones