• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

This is exactly what threw me too.I know the only time that I see "disconnected" is when your in WiFi mode. Service and everything else on his phone is working. Bill paid, I'm stumped....

yllwshark, you happened to hit on one nobody has ever seen yet!!, But yeah, reflash and see what happens.:D

Upvote 0
Alright, so i had him do the full wipe/re-flash routine, and it no longer says "none" but says "disconnected". I had him turn the wifi on and off a couple times, thinking maybe there is maybe some kind of glitch in the phones service state (like some kind of wifi limbo), but no luck yet. so at least i've moved this one step in a direction that's hopefully forward. Thanks to everyone for their input into my little dilemna, i really appreciate the responses i've received to try and help me out

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Instagram stopped working again can you check it out. When ever I go into the mentioned to pick the filter on the picture instead of the picture is a gray image and it freezes the phone.

Probably a problem with the app, not the rom :eek: try wiping the cache in app settings. That fixes my Google Voice dialer (I make calls over wifi sometimes at home, I live in a weird spot that gets crappy signal for about a 300 foot wide area and as soon as I step out of that area BAM freaking full bars EVERYWHERE!) but yeah sometimes it'll force close randomly and wipe cache always seems to fix it.

Upvote 0
Alright, so i had him do the full wipe/re-flash routine, and it no longer says "none" but says "disconnected". I had him turn the wifi on and off a couple times, thinking maybe there is maybe some kind of glitch in the phones service state (like some kind of wifi limbo), but no luck yet. so at least i've moved this one step in a direction that's hopefully forward. Thanks to everyone for their input into my little dilemna, i really appreciate the responses i've received to try and help me out

Try air plane mode on/off a few times?:)

Upvote 0
I don't know if you know this. (Sure you do but) its a little glitchie. Notice it when long press power. And the sound is way to quite. Its not bad other then that. Boot load is slow as well. But once it boots man is it quick.

Well the sound issue can be fixed by flashing something like Beats mod or Ac!d

Upvote 0
Does anyone else have problem with the dropbox app?...On wake up of my phone...( I have wife's flashed to this rom also )..I get the error of Dropbox failed to open..force close?...I get this at least 6-8 times a day....I don't use it..and need input on how to remove it..as it is part of the built in apps...I do not have the option to remove in applications.......Thanks in advance...

Upvote 0
Probably a problem with the app, not the rom :eek: try wiping the cache in app settings. That fixes my Google Voice dialer (I make calls over wifi sometimes at home, I live in a weird spot that gets crappy signal for about a 300 foot wide area and as soon as I step out of that area BAM freaking full bars EVERYWHERE!) but yeah sometimes it'll force close randomly and wipe cache always seems to fix it.

I did clear data and cache uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happens.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else have problem with the dropbox app?...On wake up of my phone...( I have wife's flashed to this rom also )..I get the error of Dropbox failed to open..force close?...I get this at least 6-8 times a day....I don't use it..and need input on how to remove it..as it is part of the built in apps...I do not have the option to remove in applications.......Thanks in advance...

Actually I use Dropbox constantly and experience zero problems. The only thing that confuses me is that WOEM doesn't have it built-in... did you add it in via the apps pack? I've taken that link down, as it was severely out-of-date and shouldn't be used with WOEM 2.xx anyway.

If that's the case, you can use your file manager to navigate to /system/app and delete from there.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0
I want to know the difference between PowerNap and SetCPU. I am not an expert so I think that SetCPU is more flexible because have profiles but PowerNap is very easy.

Can someone give me a procedure to disable/enable PowerNap ?

Thanks

The procedure for modifying or removing power nap is posted earlier in this thread... although power nap and set CPU are different. Power nap slows your processor in hibernate mode to conserve battery life...

Upvote 0
I want to know the difference between PowerNap and SetCPU. I am not an expert so I think that SetCPU is more flexible because have profiles but PowerNap is very easy.

Can someone give me a procedure to disable/enable PowerNap ?

Thanks

Basically, PowerNap is a script to force your device to its lowest processor speed (this is the default, but it can be changed) when the screen shuts off, and restores the previous frequency upon screen-on. The same thing can be achieved with SetCPU (or any processor stepping app which supports power profiles) but this method entails adding an app and its various components (event listeners to detect when the screen goes off and on, an additional background-running task to actually do the work, etc.) into your system. PowerNap eliminates a lot of the overhead of this by instead using the already-existing init.d scripting function built into the Alien kernel to streamline execution. Think of it as a very specialized version of SetCPU running only one profile :)

Also - and I don't run SetCPU so I'm not sure - but I believe some apps of that ilk only support changing governors, not frequency. Again, I could be quite wrong there lol

Removing PowerNap on this or any other ROM is easy! Just use your root-enabled file browser to navigate to /system/ect/init.d2 and delete it from the folder. Done!

Reactions: aaanadie
Upvote 0
Basically, PowerNap is a script to force your device to its lowest processor speed (this is the default, but it can be changed) when the screen shuts off, and restores the previous frequency upon screen-on. The same thing can be achieved with SetCPU (or any processor stepping app which supports power profiles) but this method entails adding an app and its various components (event listeners to detect when the screen goes off and on, an additional background-running task to actually do the work, etc.) into your system. PowerNap eliminates a lot of the overhead of this by instead using the already-existing init.d scripting function built into the Alien kernel to streamline execution. Think of it as a very specialized version of SetCPU running only one profile :)

Also - and I don't run SetCPU so I'm not sure - but I believe some apps of that ilk only support changing governors, not frequency. Again, I could be quite wrong there lol

Removing PowerNap on this or any other ROM is easy! Just use your root-enabled file browser to navigate to /system/ect/init.d2 and delete it from the folder. Done!

Wow Merc excellent explanation dude................ ;)

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0

Wow Merc excellent explanation dude................ ;)

Nicely said Merc!! :D I may want to ADD it to CTMod, but the rom is so finiky sometimes I'm afraid to!!:p

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
Hmm, then it defeats the purpose.:(

Not really... doubling the sleep speed still keeps you pretty slow in hibernate. My battery life is still great like this... I only increased it because I missed calls while waiting for the phone to wake up... if you don't have this issue, don't increase the speed... :)

Upvote 0
Just dropping in to say there's a new version in the works! I'm fed up with Angel, so expect a new browser and more UI refinements. Also, I found that many graphical elements don't retain their updated look when the ROM is run at alternate DPI settings, so there'll be a fix for that as well.

Stay tuned :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones