• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] {CDMA}[ROM/KERNEL][Cool Sense][16 Dec]Cool ICS v12b|OC|LINARO|TWEAKS|450+RAM|EXT4 ALIGNMENT

DonB

♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
Nov 30, 2009
18th Hole Of the Golf Course
[ROM/KERNEL][Cool Sense]Cool ICS |OC|LINARO|TWEAKS|450+RAM|EXT4 ALIGNMENT

Not my work, simply posting, thanks to CoolExe follow thread below from XDA

Do Not Copy/Kang His Work Without his Permission. If You Already Did It Then REMOVE It ASAP...

A Big Thanks To Robo & Capy

Evo3DICS.jpg

Features:
* Based on OTA_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.89.651.2 Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 3.6
* Sprint Footprint Inserted of Virgin Mobile
* All Partitions System, Data & cache mount as ext4 Inserted of yaff2 (Boot Time Decreased) *NEW
* Full Multi Tasking with 450+ MB RAM on First boot *NEW
* Ext4 File system with Alignment *NEW
* Rom Optimized for Speed and performance (thx to bananacakes) *NEW
* SmoothScroll Patch (thx to ckpv5) *NEW
* All Missing HTC Apps & 3D Widgets Added *NEW
–HTC FM Radio, HTC EReader, HTC Twitter/Trends, HTC Notes, HTC Stock, HTC Teeter, HTC Locations/Laputa, HTC Flashlight
* LeeDroid Tweaks Added (thx to Lee Tweaks)
* APM, EQS, Extended Browser, Camera with HDR & Panorama, MMS/MSG Secure Box, Sense 4.0 Keyboard
* 3D Homescreen with Fontsize Settings (thx to aamikam)
* More Settings Unlocked in MMS.apk
* Full init.d Support
* Camera Blue/Green Tint Fix Added (thx to mwakious)
* All HTC Logging Apps Removed (You are safe now)
* Database Optimization via VACUUM (thx LeeDroid for idea)
* GPU UI rendering and Improved 3D performance
* Enabled Sony Bravia Engine With XLoud
* Advanced Beats Control (thx to lyapota)
* XxXPachaXxX Latest ICS Mod (Screen and CPU)
* Busybox, Root, Superuser, Deodexed
* Automatic ZipAlign by Wes Garner, slightly adjusted by ROBO
* Customizable Bootanimation and downanimation
* Some Hidden bloat-ware removed
* Repacked All Apk’s With Latest Zipalign Binary, Included Framework Apk’s
* Some Hidden Apps Removed
* AND MUCH MORE.
* Languages supported: WWE
[ROM/KERNEL][Cool Sense]Cool ICS |OC|LINARO|TWEAKS|450+RAM|EXT4 ALIGNMENT

In your case then yes if you got bootloops, I have not tried but I do know many that are on the same HBoot as me and have had no issue, I am back on Zred XL Rom.

I tried flashing this for fun last night and got boot loop. Does it require 2.89 kernel?

Upvote 0
Try Zred XL also pretty nice

I was checking it out. I was going to give it a chance but the constant task bar notification about roaming or losing service was getting annoying. I have really spotty service at my house so I kept getting the notification every couple minutes. Couldn't find a way to disable it. I should have written down the exact message.

Upvote 0
Settings/Mobile Networks/ data roaming sound uncheck, tap roaming guards, uncheck the options, let me know how it works for you

I was checking it out. I was going to give it a chance but the constant task bar notification about roaming or losing service was getting annoying. I have really spotty service at my house so I kept getting the notification every couple minutes. Couldn't find a way to disable it. I should have written down the exact message.

Upvote 0
I don't follow this thread too much as I have no interest in upgrading my HBoot, I only post the releases for the members. but if you read the bottom of the OP, you will see he has a link and you can always send Coolexe a PM he responds, but remember I believe he live in India or Pakistan, can't remember, so his time zone is different

Requirement:
ICS Firmware, Unlocked ICS Hboot & Custom Recovery

So if i wanted to flash this, where would I go about finding the 1.58 hboot or the 2.89 build to flash to my phone? I can't seem to find a good resource for things like this.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones