• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] {CDMA /// ROMS-11.19.12 /// Sense 3.6 ZR3D-XL 2.0 PLUS /// Sense 4.0 ZR3D.one (*new*)

I flashed this ROM and other ROM's from these guys and I cannot get WiFi or 4G to work. WiFi says 'Error' and 4G either trys to turn on and then turns off or it says '4G is not available', basically saying it doesn't work. Any suggestions or help? :thinking: :([/QUOTEef]

Which ROM are you on XL3.6 or ZRD1 4.0? ICS 4.0 does not support 4g yet. As far as the wifi, I have the same problem on ZRD1. My solution was to reboot, it will then allow wifi to turn on. Before you leave Wifi area turn it off then when you get to another wifi area turn it back on. This will eliminate the need to reboot when going from one wifi area to the next.

Upvote 0
I am also having the same issue with the Wifi error. I tried to update but the load screen that says "Android" was locked there the whole time. THis was the only version I could get to work.

Screenshot_2012-12-23-10-17-23.png

Screenshot_2012-12-23-10-17-09.png

Screenshot_2012-12-23-10-16-27.png

Upvote 0
Took me forever to get on this rom. I have the version shown below in the screenshot.

Issues:
Been on this rom for about 24hours andit worked great at first but then apps started crashing, phone reboots randomly... ill get messages like "process gapps has stopped" "google play has stopped"

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Took me forever to get on this rom. I have the version shown below in the screenshot.

Issues:
Been on this rom for about 24hours andit worked great at first but then apps started crashing, phone reboots randomly... ill get messages like "process gapps has stopped" "google play has stopped"

Any suggestions?

Did you do a clean install? Wipe with everything and format all partitions except sd card?

Upvote 0
According to this post, you can be on any hboot for ZR3D XL Plus:
http://androidforums.com/cdma-evo-3d-all-things-root/650310-compatible-roms-different-hboots.html

I also forgot to mention that I had flashed BT v14 with XL Plus. Don't know if that made a difference. I chose all recommended settings only.

Anyway, I switched over to ZR3D one. Let's see how this one works out... So far it seems okay. I also backed up my SD and formatted it for the first time. That thing was a complete mess!

Reactions: toad6386
Upvote 0
1. So my phone is acting weird. During every single call, i get a message about media link device. The notification setting is off, yet i still get the popup.

2. Random apps kick me to the home screen or lock screen. This happens on occassion.

3. Unlocking the phone (no security) sometimes causes it to restart.

4. I just had boot loops. Then it got stuck at the black htc loading screen. I restarted into recovery and cleared cache.

Anyone else with similar issues?

Upvote 0
1. So my phone is acting weird. During every single call, i get a message about media link device. The notification setting is off, yet i still get the popup.

2. Random apps kick me to the home screen or lock screen. This happens on occassion.

3. Unlocking the phone (no security) sometimes causes it to restart.

4. I just had boot loops. Then it got stuck at the black htc loading screen. I restarted into recovery and cleared cache.

Anyone else with similar issues?

I had the app 'kernel tuner', and once it was uninstalled, the issues seemed to go away. The only issue i have now is #1. I also cleared cache that same day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones