• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Coronavirus global pandemic

Delaware closed the bar service at their beaches for the 4th. If the past week has demonstrated anything it's that the U.S. land of the entitled and home of the privileged, and needs to be treated like a misbehaving 4-year-old.

Delaware closed the bar service at their beaches for the 4th. If the past week has demonstrated anything it's that the U.S. land of the entitled and home of the privileged, and needs to be treated like a misbehaving 4-year-old.
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!

there are just too many Karen's and Daren's running around and this pandemic is exposing them to us.

so to the first couple in the above video, this will debunk your "fake news" of co2 poisoning:

so there is really no reason not to where a mask!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Also bring a good pair of gloves too, and wear long sleeve shirts, because you may never know, on who has no gloves on, and can really set someone who is extremely sensitive to having it, like myself, and just be prepaired.

Also bring a good pair of gloves too, and wear long sleeve shirts, because you may never know, on who has no gloves on, and can really set someone who is extremely sensitive to having it, like myself, and just be prepaired.

gloves help, but for me i use hand sanitizer that i have in the car and at home.

A bit of levity found on our biggest shopping street the day indoor mask wearing became compulsory.
(I appreciate how serious it has become in many US States)
He may have a good legal case, or no leg to stand on.

naked-man-face-mask-oxford-street-240720.jpg naked-mask-man-240720.jpg

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/naked-man-oxford-street-face-mask-genitals-a4508041.html

BTW : I also have a body like that.
(At least I think it's still in the freezer) :thinking:

Have any of my fellow Android-heads been tested, either for active Covid-19 or for antibodies?

Just curious. I haven't but will in a couple of weeks.

No. I have had no symptoms and as far as I know, no contact with anyone who has been positive. I suppose being in the higher risk group by virtue of my geezerdom I could get approved for the test, but why?

been thinking about it. i do have some accounts that are in nursing homes....and we all know how that is going. also one of my co-workers became ill a few weeks ago. he refused to get tested so i'm a tad nervous. he is all better so it could have been just the flu........but who knows.

As some of you know, I have been involved in some regional theatre productions (the companies have all canceled everything, of course) and today I learned that one of my theatre friends tested positive for COVID-19 and was being admitted to the hospital. He said he’s been obsessive about masking and social distancing, so it’s a surprise. Anyway, he’s a good guy, so if you would like to send some healing thoughts into the cosmos or some prayers into Heaven, please do so on Kevin’s behalf.

In related news, my wife and I are scheduled to be nasally probed Monday afternoon. (We’re not symptomatic, it’s just a travel requirement.) Hopefully there won’t be any surprises...

Stay healthy, everyone.

As some of you know, I have been involved in some regional theatre productions (the companies have all canceled everything, of course) and today I learned that one of my theatre friends tested positive for COVID-19 and was being admitted to the hospital. He said he’s been obsessive about masking and social distancing, so it’s a surprise. Anyway, he’s a good guy, so if you would like to send some healing thoughts into the cosmos or some prayers into Heaven, please do so on Kevin’s behalf.

In related news, my wife and I are scheduled to be nasally probed Monday afternoon. (We’re not symptomatic, it’s just a travel requirement.) Hopefully there won’t be any surprises...

Stay healthy, everyone.
So this morning both the wife and I got text messages saying our tests had been canceled. These are time-critical due to our traveling... She called them and the folks that are running the program have no idea why they were sent, they have no information that the site we chose is closed or anything. They did set up a backup appointment for us but it's late tomorrow (in the midst of rush hour, thank you!) and about 25 miles away and over a toll bridge. Sheesh.

In related news, my theatre friend Kevin is unfortunately fast approaching the point where he will have to be intubated and put on a ventilator, so please keep him in your healing thoughts and prayers.

So this morning both the wife and I got text messages saying our tests had been canceled. These are time-critical due to our traveling... She called them and the folks that are running the program have no idea why they were sent, they have no information that the site we chose is closed or anything. They did set up a backup appointment for us but it's late tomorrow (in the midst of rush hour, thank you!) and about 25 miles away and over a toll bridge. Sheesh.

In related news, my theatre friend Kevin is unfortunately fast approaching the point where he will have to be intubated and put on a ventilator, so please keep him in your healing thoughts and prayers.
that sucks man.....definitely will be putting some good vibes out for your friend. so far i have been lucky. none of my circle of friends has gotten sick yet from the virus. only a friend of a friend who i only met once has been infected.

We got our tests early evening on Tuesday and received our “negative” results today, sooner than promised or expected.

Of course the test was before We passed through two large airports which bookended 5-1/2 hours on a plane. :( So basically I’m still wearing my mask when indoors around others, just-in-case, to protect them.

I haven’t heard any updates about my friend Kevin, so please continue to send out healing thoughts, say prayers, whatever fits your psyche.

And please stay healthy, all of my friends in Android land!

Back
Top Bottom