• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom Design - Triumph Aluminum Case

Nice, I like the updated versions even better! Looks good man. Now if only you can get some made cheaply to test and all that... :D

Shot of the speaker openings.
Phone.89.jpg

I think I would soften the edges all though it looks great the thought of it being droped on a dinning table or some thing made of wood and the damage it would do. Of course no matter how softened you make it any kind of drop on wood the wood would loose. Maybe some rubber baby buggy bumpers on the corners, of course that would take away the looks a little.
Anyway great product any idea how much it would cost a buyer yet.

or engineer a rubber sleeve that goes over top of the case.... similar to what otterbox does :D

that or just round out the profile of the corners alil :)

either way though, i hope this turns into a reality. and if you cant do it, try to get a bunch of people together from here to help you! we could start a business lol :p

I talked to a manufacturing buddy of mine yesterday and if we do a run of about 128 we can get the price down to about 25$ a pop I think. so call it 30 with shipping.

I think I would soften the edges all though it looks great the thought of it being droped on a dinning table or some thing made of wood and the damage it would do. Of course no matter how softened you make it any kind of drop on wood the wood would loose. Maybe some rubber baby buggy bumpers on the corners, of course that would take away the looks a little.
Anyway great product any idea how much it would cost a buyer yet.

yeah this case is not meant protect anything but whats inside of it. I'll see about maybe some rubber bump stops.

I talked to a manufacturing buddy of mine yesterday and if we do a run of about 128 we can get the price down to about 25$ a pop I think. so call it 30 with shipping.

cool! cant wait to see these things!! :p

yeah this case is not meant protect anything but whats inside of it. I'll see about maybe some rubber bump stops.

you could round the corners or make a rubber sleeve to go around it

It looks fantastic, but I would be wary of the sharp edges, especially with the back and the bezel around the screen. It looks like it would catch on fabric as I slid it into my pocket, and my fingers would hit the bezel as I was swiping on the screen.

I would definitely go $30. Maybe even 2 of them.
Maybe start a sign up list to try to get up to 128
units?

We did this on Talk Bass forum a few years ago to get a custom run of bass guitar distortion effect peddles made. Worked out great. The only dude that had to back out, had several people wanting his spot.
Those things still go for a premium over there, second hand.

I would definitely go $30. Maybe even 2 of them.
Maybe start a sign up list to try to get up to 128
units?

We did this on Talk Bass forum a few years ago to get a custom run of bass guitar distortion effect peddles made. Worked out great. The only dude that had to back out, had several people wanting his spot.
Those things still go for a premium over there, second hand.

Once I can get specifics nailed down and a quote, I will do this. Hard thing is though I need to make a prototype before we do a huge production run. Real spendy.

As a known meme would say:
I don't usually pay 30 bucks for a case but when it looks this awesome i throw my money to the screen.

So if these things get made and shipped, who's gonna be the first to torture test it with a real Triumph inside? :D

I'm just really curious how high you could drop it, or how much pressure it could take. Either way it looks pretty damn cool and I'd for sure be in if I could get it all black.

So if these things get made and shipped, who's gonna be the first to torture test it with a real Triumph inside? :D

I'm just really curious how high you could drop it, or how much pressure it could take. Either way it looks pretty damn cool and I'd for sure be in if I could get it all black.

order a replacement from vm saying your phone all of a sudden stopped working... then use there replacement to test it with! :p :D :)

haha i was just kidding! let us keep the testing accidental lol

Ping @minus5252
Got a job for you!
:D

Also, what does everyone think about an Android Forums logo?

Edit:
Probably add too much cost/size to this sleek case, but a thin strip of that silicone jell crap around the inside would really add shock absorption to a really tough case. Just thinking of minus'video....

Ping @minus5252
Got a job for you!
:D

Also, what does everyone think about an Android Forums logo?

Edit:
Probably add too much cost/size to this sleek case, but a thin strip of that silicone jell crap around the inside would really add shock absorption to a really tough case. Just thinking of minus'video....

I'm thinking about maybe puting a small rubber shim on the side to make sure the phone is snug and isn't scratched by the aluminum. Again something I need to figure out with a prototype.

Also you know how the back of the case has the x design and the openings? Well I don't like seeing "Virgin mobile" on the back of the phone.... do you know if the lettering on the back of the phone would be easy to get off? Or would the case be able to cover it up?

Also you know how the back of the case has the x design and the openings? Well I don't like seeing "Virgin mobile" on the back of the phone.... do you know if the lettering on the back of the phone would be easy to get off? Or would the case be able to cover it up?

lol I don't know, i'll see where the logo lines up with the X, but I wouldn't let a logo get you down man :p

Back
Top Bottom