• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DM47021][OSIRIS / TDP ] Warp Sequent Development

the warp sequent is lte capable, we all know that by now, just dont know how far it was actually programmed and whether the network will accept it. that apns-config.xml that i custom made for the force contains all the necessary boost mobile info though other than whats in the build.prop which would also need to be ported over. it gets them lte, so if the network will let us connect itll get us lte as well. sadly that still leaves you out in the cold on public mobile but for us boost customers it could do wonderful things

the warp sequent is lte capable, we all know that by now, just dont know how far it was actually programmed and whether the network will accept it. that apns-config.xml that i custom made for the force contains all the necessary boost mobile info though other than whats in the build.prop which would also need to be ported over. it gets them lte, so if the network will let us connect itll get us lte as well. sadly that still leaves you out in the cold on public mobile but for us boost customers it could do wonderful things

what about the wimax partition, keys, and abillity to turn it on ?

wimax would be different. ability to turn it on is the buildprop edits, keys are irrelevant that is a wimax thing
lte requires a sim card of sorts which is hard wired into the sequent just dont know if it was programmed properly

the only questions that remain to be answered are is the card programmed properly for the network, and if so will the network allow us access to lte. here is the fix, i posted it on the cm thread but i figure ill post it here too for anyone curiously following this discussion
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kvn8qx8znv9kw4/apnfix.zip

Does anyone have the 4.1.2 OTA Update.zip ... NOT THE ONE FROM ZTE'S WEBSITE.

iam pretty sure when you update over FTM it locks fastboot write permissions. same thing happened on OG warp.

i cannot use fastboot.. says SENDING RECOVERY (6196KB)
and sits there forever...

i need the full zip with amss dbl osbl so on..

my sequent came with jb on it and fastboot locked so i cant root or install recovery

iam pretty sure when you update over FTM it locks fastboot write permissions. same thing happened on OG warp.

my sequent came with jb on it and fastboot locked so i cant root or install recovery
that sucks, never heard of anyone getting locked out of fastboot
you shouldnt need write permissions to fastboot boot cwm.img though then flash a zip and dd the thing in

also, i have seen the problem before just dont remember what caused it, but i dont think it was anything to do with the update, if i remember correctly it had something to do with the computer... maybe try a different usb port?

and sadly any zips we have wouldnt be helpful if you dont have cwm already. unlike the og warp we have a stock recovery that checks for a zte proprietary signature instead of test keys. and they release patches not full roms. the whole files arent there they just build apon the existing b09 stuff

either way youre screwed, but this device is rather picky about what usb ports it will allow fastboot connection through, from what ive heard 3.0 doesnt work, and from what i KNOW 1.x doesnt work. itll do exactly that. try a different pc, or a different set of ports

if i remember correctly thats the exact same thing it did on my old crappy pc with usb 1.1 via chipset, and one out of 3 of superrs computers would do that too, other two computers it worked fine but certain usb ports just dont work with fastboot at all

either way youre screwed, but this device is rather picky about what usb ports it will allow fastboot connection through, from what ive heard 3.0 doesnt work, and from what i KNOW 1.x doesnt work. itll do exactly that. try a different pc, or a different set of ports

WAIT get the FTM update an maybe patch in a cwm vs stock recovery image

if someone can get that for you that would be whats up, i cant sorry, even if i was up for spending the next year downloading id be subject to repeated failures and probably never get it to go all the way through. for now though you may want to see if you can get fastboot to work using a different pc if you have access to one

if someone can get that for you that would be whats up, i cant sorry, even if i was up for spending the next year downloading id be subject to repeated failures and probably never get it to go all the way through. for now though you may want to see if you can get fastboot to work using a different pc if you have access to one

well i know how to capture the ftm update. not only that. but this would be able to install recovery through ftm or maybe stock recovery when iam finished

Same thing happened to me...nothing I've done has resolved it...look at my first post in the public mobile thread and you will find a work around...I think it's a defect with some phones...my first n861 was just fine with fastboot flash but this one didn't like em...

yea see that would be the best course of action, in the long run, to have someone make a stock recovery flashable mod. but i dont know who could help you get the updater tool files. i would if i could but im updated and i just dont have the internet to support it. i think superr still has the old ics bootloader and all that backed up though, so that might help someone trick the updater tool into working again even after an update. wont help you personally without root but might help someone rooted willing to help out

yea see that would be the best course of action, in the long run, to have someone make a stock recovery flashable mod. but i dont know who could help you get the updater tool files. i would if i could but im updated and i just dont have the internet to support it. i think superr still has the old ics bootloader and all that backed up though, so that might help someone trick the updater tool into working again even after an update. wont help you personally without root but might help someone rooted willing to help out

FTM wont detect either.... ****** **** ****** ******** *** **** ** *****!!!!!

FTM wont detect either.... ****** **** ****** ******** *** **** ** *****!!!!!

There's a b09 zip from the updater tool in the public mobile thread. It has a stock recovery image in it...as well as a way way to work around your fastboot problem...just use fsarboot boot instead of fastboot flash. And then use cwm to flash your recovery...it works!

There's a b09 zip from the updater tool in the public mobile thread. It has a stock recovery image in it...as well as a way way to work around your fastboot problem...just use fsarboot boot instead of fastboot flash. And then use cwm to flash your recovery...it works!

where is your post ?

Back
Top Bottom