• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FAQ-GUIDE] ClockWorkMod Optimus Elite

Alright, here's what I would do: Try redownloading (could be a corrupted download) and installing CWM again (it will overwrite automatically, no confirmation needed) using the Advanced method. If CWM is still acting up, try giantpune's method, and if still no, then let me know.

Much appreciated, I'll post my results! :D

Much appreciated, I'll post my results! :D

Remember that when typing out the commands in the terminal emulator app, all O's are actually 0's (zeroes), and be sure to get each space correct as well. A common mistake is the O's vs 0's thing.

EDIT: Also, I may be finished with the overhaul of the guide tonight. It's been long overdue and should greatly improve how the guide looks and functions for newcomers and others alike. I'll have added and rearranged plenty of things, so stay tuned (though you might not want to wait too long, the changes will be applied within the next few hours or so, and I would recommend getting some sleep and checking back tomorrow)!

Overhaul is now complete. Even if you've used the guide once, the revisions are worth taking a look at. Especially the menu/feature tour.

*phew*

Just wanted to give my thanks to everyone who put their efforts into this forum and developing the tools and software. Went from a complete newbie to installing a ROM 4 hours later.

Thanks for everything.

Just wanted to give my thanks to everyone who put their efforts into this forum and developing the tools and software. Went from a complete newbie to installing a ROM 4 hours later.

Thanks for everything.

We're all glad we could help. And welcome to the forums! Enjoy your reborn phone, and we hope you enjoy your stay here at the Android Forums :) If you have any questions, this thread (the one linked to) should be able to help answer most of the questions you may have. If not, feel free to post them in the appropriate sections (general vs root), and one or several of us will get back to you :)

hey all,
is there any chance of seeing cwm touch for the elite?
I'd truly prefer twrp, but haven't seen any of the dev jedi's even interested in accomplishing that one :confused:

Why'se it matter? It practically is cwm touch when you can use the keys on the bottom face plate of the phone, and any recovery mainly just has the same purpose of backing up the phone. Our current 5xx and 6xx cwm's are both fully working for the most partso there wouldn't really be much of a point in doing so. I.e. creating a different recovery for the phone.

Why'se it matter? It practically is cwm touch when you can use the keys on the bottom face plate of the phone, and any recovery mainly just has the same purpose of backing up the phone. Our current 5xx and 6xx cwm's are both fully working for the most partso there wouldn't really be much of a point in doing so. I.e. creating a different recovery for the phone.

who's running cwm 6 on the elite...is that even available (or just a generalized example)?

who's running cwm 6 on the elite...is that even available (or just a generalized example)?
I'm running CWM 6. It has the date bug, but it still keeps them in order.

----------------------
Link to giantpune's post. ClockWorkMod

Instructions, Install the latest ministro II from the play store (not the original ministro), you will have to unistall the original ministro first if you have it. Download and install the LGOE_Noob.apk. Run the Noob app, it will install the new cwm. Boot to it with the Quick boot app. Make a backup first thing before you do any modding.

newbie here... forgive my ignorance...

i installed the cwm tool on my vm optimus elite and while i can get to the menu it only gives me 4 menu options... the first four...

reboot system now
apply update from sd card
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

those are my only menu options.

there is some yellow text bellow telling me that an update failed but i'm not clear on if it was the cwm update or something else...

ultimately i'm trying to install a new rom... i've got root and superuser access and i thought the cwm was the last obstacle and now it's looking like i'm stuck. also trying not to brick this phone. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

newbie here... forgive my ignorance...

i installed the cwm tool on my vm optimus elite and while i can get to the menu it only gives me 4 menu options... the first four...

reboot system now
apply update from sd card
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

those are my only menu options.

there is some yellow text bellow telling me that an update failed but i'm not clear on if it was the cwm update or something else...

ultimately i'm trying to install a new rom... i've got root and superuser access and i thought the cwm was the last obstacle and now it's looking like i'm stuck. also trying not to brick this phone. any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

If you used ROM Manager to install CWM - well, there's your problem.

There are two methods however, that do work for this phone, and both are outlined in this FAQ-Guide :) Have you tried both?

I came across a fix for md5 mismatch errors that can sometimes occur when making/restoring nandroid backups.

Open Terminal Emulator or ADB Shell and type in the following:
(replace ********* with the name of the folder, usually the date)
[HIGH]su
cd /sdcard/_externalsd/clockworkmod/backup/*********/
busybox md5sum *img > nandroid.md5[/HIGH]Fix Nandroid MD5 Mismatch Woes

I'm curious about Required prerequsite 2.

>Enable Development by doing/going to the following on your phone:

Is that required to run CWM, ie Backups and Flashing? Or is that only required to install CWM?

thanks,
BOb

So, am I to understand that timefix doesn't work in CWM 6? Not a major deal. Since I'll probably rename backups with info about the rom and such (which I assume can be done).

thanks all

So, am I to understand that timefix doesn't work in CWM 6? Not a major deal. Since I'll probably rename backups with info about the rom and such (which I assume can be done).

thanks all

You can change the name of the folder afaik as long as the name doesn't contain any spaces.

I'm curious about Required prerequsite 2.

>Enable Development by doing/going to the following on your phone:

Is that required to run CWM, ie Backups and Flashing? Or is that only required to install CWM?

thanks,
BOb

Hmm... I think I answered my own question here. It seems the SuperUser doesn't work if this isn't enabled. It seems a bit of a security issue thought because I think anyone could connect to your phone with USB and use ADB to access it even if the screen is locked.

Hmm... I think I answered my own question here. It seems the SuperUser doesn't work if this isn't enabled. It seems a bit of a security issue thought because I think anyone could connect to your phone with USB and use ADB to access it even if the screen is locked.

Yes, well, your phone is your responsibility, and it's more or less your fault if it gets stolen, so as long as it isn't stolen, it's not much of an issue, is it? :P

Actually, development needs to be enabled in order to be able to recover if there's a critical failure for some reason or the phone bricks. This was explained earlier in the thread, I believe.

Yes, well, your phone is your responsibility, and it's more or less your fault if it gets stolen, so as long as it isn't stolen, it's not much of an issue, is it? :P

Seriously? Have you ever been robbed? I have, it is not a fun experience. Do you think it is my fault that while I was not home, someone kicked the door in and took my TV's, computers, VCRs (yes this was a while ago), jewelry?

BOb

Seriously? Have you ever been robbed? I have, it is not a fun experience. Do you think it is my fault that while I was not home, someone kicked the door in and took my TV's, computers, VCRs (yes this was a while ago), jewelry?

BOb

I hear you, I had my HTC one v and my laptop stolen about 2 months ago, got hit with a bat and robbed

Back
Top Bottom