• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [FAQ-GUIDE] ClockWorkMod Optimus Elite

Seriously? Have you ever been robbed? I have, it is not a fun experience. Do you think it is my fault that while I was not home, someone kicked the door in and took my TV's, computers, VCRs (yes this was a while ago), jewelry?

BOb

I hear you, I had my HTC one v and my laptop stolen about 2 months ago, got hit with a bat and robbed

I apologize, I'm talking about if you leave it out somewhere like in a store or something, or on your desk at work and leave it there. Obviously it's not your fault if you have no ability to prevent the thievery in the first place.

I apologize, I'm talking about if you leave it out somewhere like in a store or something, or on your desk at work and leave it there. Obviously it's not your fault if you have no ability to prevent the thievery in the first place.

You shouldn't need to apologize. Sometimes what is intended doesn't come thru on a computer screen :thumbup:

Ok... so back to topic..

Is the timefix supposed to work on CWM 6 as well? This was installed with giantpune's LGOE_NoobTool apk. Yet, timefix didn't seem to work for me. If it does work I will see whats up. And try again.

What is the way to put the original recovery back on after CWM was on it? It looks like the phone needs to go back to Sprint, I need to restore to factory setting.
Thanks.
OM

What is the way to put the original recovery back on after CWM was on it? It looks like the phone needs to go back to Sprint, I need to restore to factory setting.
Thanks.
OM

The unbricking method will restore the phone back to pure stock, out of the box settings. It's an Uber Factory Reset.

Hi...new guy here...just a couple questions...for giantpunes noob tool I downloaded it now do I just drag and drop it into the root of my SD card and that's all? or is there more to it I'm missing.

If I do the advanced method when I use total commander and I go thru the 4 steps you show, does that bring me right to where I change the file name install-recovery.sh.bak? or do I just do the steps and don't have to change the file name?

Thanks for the reply total newbie here.

Hi...new guy here...just a couple questions...for giantpunes noob tool I downloaded it now do I just drag and drop it into the root of my SD card and that's all? or is there more to it I'm missing.

You should check out that thread for instructions. Basically, you open the ministro .apk with a file browser like total commander which will install it. Then you open the poot.apk with total commander and click the poot button.

BOb

If I do the advanced method when I use total commander and I go thru the 4 steps you show, does that bring me right to where I change the file name install-recovery.sh.bak? or do I just do the steps and don't have to change the file name?

Thanks for the reply total newbie here.

Just keep following along, it's written for everyone, newbies included.

OMG can't believe I did it. Put clockworkmod on my phone no problem. Directions are awesome makes it super easy even for a NOOB like me. Thanks for putting the directions out there.

I'm trying to delete old backups but when I do there are still a bunch of blob files related to the individual backups, and I don't know how to delete them. Cwm on my Optimus v were. Zip files, not all these blob files... help.

I'm trying to install a custom rom. so following directions in section 5.3 #1 I typed in terminal emulator busybox md5sum /path/to.file and I get can't open path/to.file no such file or directory. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I'm trying to install a custom rom. so following directions in section 5.3 #1 I typed in terminal emulator busybox md5sum /path/to.file and I get can't open path/to.file no such file or directory. Does anybody have any suggestions?

/path/to.file is a placeholder you are supposed to replace it with the actual path to file.

If you put the file in the root of your hard drive your command would be...

busybox md5sum /sdcard/_ExternalSD/Sleipner_v2.4.0.zip (or whatever the file name is) for example.

BOb

I'm trying to install a custom rom. so following directions in section 5.3 #1 I typed in the terminal emulator app "busybox md5sum /sdcard/ExternalSD/Sleipnir_v2.4.0.1V.zip" and I get md5sum can't open /sdcard/_ExternalSD/Sleipner_v2.4.0.1V.zip permission denied. Anybody know why?

I'm trying to install a custom rom. so following directions in section 5.3 #1 I typed in the terminal emulator app "busybox md5sum /sdcard/ExternalSD/Sleipnir_v2.4.0.1V.zip" and I get md5sum can't open /sdcard/_ExternalSD/Sleipner_v2.4.0.1V.zip permission denied. Anybody know why?

• Do you have busybox installed?
  • Did you open the Superuser app and make sure that the Terminal Emulator has Superuser access?
  • Did you make sure that the file name/path is correct? Remember that there are no periods in the file name for Sleipnir. In the case of version 2.4.0.1, it would look like "Sleipnir_v2401V.zip".

affirmative to all retyped get same message. when I did a nandroid backup it said it couldn't find my sd ext card. could that be the problem. I know its on my external sd card. should I move the file to internal sd card?

affirmative to all retyped get same message. when I did a nandroid backup it said it couldn't find my sd ext card. could that be the problem. I know its on my external sd card. should I move the file to internal sd card?

No, that's normal, and it be fine. CWM doesn't see an sd-ext, and instead sees the external sd card as the actual sd card, and internal sd card is still internal sd card. Did you make sure to type "su" without the quotes before trying anything else with Terminal Emulator? You need to tell it to use its superuser permission first before doing something like finding the md5sum.

Is the link in the op not working? I was just able to download the bin file from it.

This is the page I get from that link

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367022406293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367022406293.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom