• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Faster 3g Speed configuration

I changed the proxy ADRESS!!!! NOT THE PORTS. I see nothing on changing ports till this thread. The speed test needle barely moves... here's my #'s

Ping-435ms
Down-180 to 288kbps (several test pulls)
Up-62-68kbps

Is this good? Did I need to change the ports? Pm me if you know.

Thx, Dale.

screenshot-1328614155217.png

Upvote 0
Worked great for me. Went from 4XX to 21XX kbps! Ran numerous tests and always in the exact same location. Used terminal emulator to get MSL. Thanks!

Flashed to cm7 and can't get the ##3282## to work.

Was using ctmod on my last post. Once changed, YouTube refused to connect also. 3g seems very slow in my area with cm7. I like it better than ctmod.

Am I unable to ##xxxx## my way to faster 3g with cm7?

Edit: no laptop to do prl. What can I do on my phone by its self?
Plz email dwilson48625@gmail.com if ya wanna tutor me, lol.

Prevail, rooted, cm7, (no idea what's in the rom as far as 3g boosting)

Upvote 0
Flashed to cm7 and can't get the ##3282## to work.

Was using ctmod on my last post. Once changed, YouTube refused to connect also. 3g seems very slow in my area with cm7. I like it better than ctmod.

Am I unable to ##xxxx## my way to faster 3g with cm7?

Edit: no laptop to do prl. What can I do on my phone by its self?
Plz email dwilson48625@gmail.com if ya wanna tutor me, lol.

Prevail, rooted, cm7, (no idea what's in the rom as far as 3g boosting)

CM7 doesnt support hidden menu like stock based ROMS like CTMod..but there are work arounds ..check out Monsters thread in Prevail all things root titled "DM for CM7 version 1.2"..you will need access to a computer to change prl with CDMA workshop..most ROMS already have 3g scripts in them to help out speeds..CTmod does and im pretty sure Hroarks Beta 5 does too...not sure about earlier version's of Hroarks CM7

Reactions: Raymixes
Upvote 0
Before installing Ctmod 3.68, Kernel V. 2.6.35 on my Samsung prevail, I was able to access this menu where i could change to 4vg, I changed the values as stated in another threat to improve the signal, but instead I've gotten a weaker signal, right after installing the ctmod. Since then I haven't been able to access this menu again, i think that maybe do to it being formatted by the mod? maybe its values went back to its originals, so in short I haven't been able to access them again. Btw.. the PRL version is 61007 which I believe its the same one it had before. I've considered that also my location can determine why I don't have a better signal but then again any help would be of much help :)

p.s I'm new in rooting, and installing mods on my phone and so far its been a success! Thank you all for providing this forums, they are of much help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones