• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

I had my battery overheat when plugged in to charger. I unhooked charger then phone said it was going to shutdown phone due to overheating. It did not shutdown and then came up with a message telling me to remove battery due to overheating. This was all around the 11 hr mark on beta 6. When it came back up the phone kept going to the main screen to put in my passcode and then rebooting itself. I restored from backup and all is back to normal now. Not sure it related to beta 6 but I found it strange. Have not had battery overheat before this.

Yes. My cell signal is horrible. Both at home and work. Anyway turn off cell standby without shutting phone down?

you can turn your phone on airplane mode then turn on wifi. you can't receive calls or texts while its on tho.

I had my battery overheat when plugged in to charger. I unhooked charger then phone said it was going to shutdown phone due to overheating. It did not shutdown and then came up with a message telling me to remove battery due to overheating. This was all around the 11 hr mark on beta 6. When it came back up the phone kept going to the main screen to put in my passcode and then rebooting itself. I restored from backup and all is back to normal now. Not sure it related to beta 6 but I found it strange. Have not had battery overheat before this.

what governor and freq were you using?

I've already read through this thread a bit. I wanted to know from those running blood's rom and kernal what has been working best for them. Not just a general explanation. Thanks for the link though.

I only have tried OndemandX and Smartass2(Which is my current governor), I got better performance on smartass2, the battery life doesn't have much difference, but smartass2 is supposed to be more battery friendly.

Had multiple problems when using camera with ver6. deadline/smartass2 and ondemand. 300/1000. Switch backed to 5 and they stopped, switched back to 6 and they happened again. After anywhere between 20-60seconds of recording the video will freeze, I can most of the time get back to the launcher but then things run very slow and apps crash very often until reboot.

Just did a battery pull after connecting it to my computers usb. It was fine and snappy until then.

Rebooted and my silent time and 24 alarm clock failed to launch.

Was able to transfer the files after reboot.

Reinstalled silent and 24 hour, they work now.

I just recorded some 5 min videos with ondemand, smartass2 and lionheart without any problems, other than I finally had my max freq get stock like jsmz was talking about.

and my phone is constantly being plugged in and unplugged from usb but it hasn't locked up in the 40 hours its been on.

has anyone else experienced these issues or had a lockup?

I just recorded some 5 min videos with ondemand, smartass2 and lionheart without any problems, other than I finally had my max freq get stock like jsmz was talking about.

and my phone is constantly being plugged in and unplugged from usb but it hasn't locked up in the 40 hours its been on.

has anyone else experienced these issues or had a lockup?

I've been up 20 hrs now since the battery overheated yesterday. Did see a little sluggish performance when downloading/installing update to Pulse, but snapped back after install was complete. Otherwise no issues.

I've just had to do a battery pull but idk if its really kernel related. I noticed over the last 12 or so hours my phone was using more and more ram. Usually have about 200 free on average, most of today it was sitting at around 90-110 free and had to battery pull starting an app.

Sorry I've only got about an hour or so a day to mess with the phone until my weekend that starts friday. Then I can really start using the thing a bit.

But since I went down to 1000 its been smooth sailing.

Sounds suspiciously like a kernel memory leak.

That's what I think, after a reboot the phone is ok again and the free memory is always around 100+ MB, when the slowness start the free memory is around 30~60 MB, after kill all apps it goes 100+ but in a minute it goes again to 30~60 MB. It looks like system isn't killing what it needs or something like that.

I just froze up and had to do a battery pull at the 40 hrs mark. Was trying to setup a widget. Waited for 10 minutes and still was frozen.

I had to do a battery pull today. Screen wouldn't come back on after it had been off for a while. Waited 15 minutes or so but never could get it to come back on. 220/1000 sio/ondemandx

all my beta builds will be for GB rom's only, once we get something final I'll do one for JB too.

while testing beta builds:

DO NOT add anything to init.d and DO NOT use any apps that change or tweak anything other than the frequency/governor/scheduler.

also, please keep your phone on for at least 3 full days after flashing and if your phone locks up and requires a battery pull, post here with what governor and frequencies you were using and how many hours the phone was on.

beta build 7: H4Beta7.zip

removed zram completely
updated sha
fs and vm tweaks
defconfig changes

Still having my CPU Max out doing simple things, pandora, camera , if I over clock. Working great at 1000/220 ondemandx sio

Back
Top Bottom