• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

Had a lockup with camcorder using 9. Anything else that could be causing this to make sure I am not giving useless information. I tried multiple SDcards and using stock camera app plus others on the market

Had a lockup with camcorder using 9. Anything else that could be causing this to make sure I am not giving useless information. I tried multiple SDcards and using stock camera app plus others on the market

nah, its not anything your doing or using.

will probably have 10 out sometime tonight.

Damn Blood, it must be like a full time job for you, trying to keep us in test kernels.

I'm not working right now so this is giving me something to do lol. having to deal with this same lockup problem is starting to get annoying tho.

What governor/io were you using? I flashed 9 last night and didn't have this happen, I haven't seen this since 3.68 I don't think.

Protip, when flashing test kernels/roms always set a real alarm in the morning as a backup :) (I'm not a pro, but got the tip from one lol)

Yeah thanks for the tip. I woke up on time anyway, was just laying in bed waiting for the alarm to go off then realized it was not going to happen. I did not change the governor/io so it was running whatever is the default.

Ok, I reach the point where i uninstall every crap that was eating my RAM :mad: ... but take a look tho the pic attached, in the open apps section are only like 10-12 apps, any of these have more than 10MB.
The phone still reached 24 hrs On.

Attachments

• screenshot-1361418778789.png
    screenshot-1361418778789.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 91
Ok, I reach the point where i uninstall every crap that was eating my RAM :mad: ... but take a look tho the pic attached, in the open apps section are only like 10-12 apps, any of these have more than 10MB.
The phone still reached 24 hrs On.

dunno how you were even able to take a screenshot with 15 mb free lol

You might want to redownload and reinstall CTMod. Also try hitting the four square button and show cached services.

Here is what mine looks like and I have been running since 1 am yesterday.

39896.png

Those are the cache services, i said that on the running apps section have like 10 or 12 apps but any of these take more than 10MB, so android isn't killing apps at all.

Having problems with wifi too, it turn off it self, even some times with the screen on and i already changed the wifi policy.
I'll make a cache/dalvik wipe and take another try on beta 9.

Those are the cache services, i said that on the running apps section have like 10 or 12 apps but any of these take more than 10MB, so android isn't killing apps at all.

Having problems with wifi too, it turn off it self, even some times with the screen on and i already changed the wifi policy.
I'll make a cache/dalvik wipe and take another try on beta 9.

beta 9 is a completely stock kernel except for overclock. so nothing related to wifi/ram in this one has been touched.

Beta 10: H4Beta10.zip

same as 9 but with camera fixed removed to see if its causing issues. so if you go to take a picture expect it to freeze for like 10 seconds after pressing the shutter button then it will unfreeze and you'll have the picture lol.

After a cache/dalvik wipe yesterday everything is going well so far on beta 9... I'll stay on it until major problems or lockup.

Ever since beta 9 I cannot compile a working TUN Kernel Module. Since I use openVPN this is creating a huge problem for me. I had no problems compiling modules for any of the kernels up to nine.

Ever since beta 9 I cannot compile a working TUN Kernel Module. Since I use openVPN this is creating a huge problem for me. I had no problems compiling modules for any of the kernels up to nine.

Probably cause 9 and 10 are version .7 kernels the other builds are .14

Ill go back to 14 when I get the cpu fixed.

all my beta builds will be for GB rom's only, once we get something final I'll do one for JB too.

while testing beta builds:

DO NOT add anything to init.d and DO NOT use any apps that change or tweak anything other than the frequency/governor/scheduler.

also, please keep your phone on for at least 3 full days after flashing and if your phone locks up and requires a battery pull, post here with what governor and frequencies you were using and how many hours the phone was on.

Beta Build 11: H4Beta11.zip

I recommend anyone using the older beta's to try this one out.

heres what I think is going on: say you have the cpu freq set to 1000, when you use certain apps the cpu will go past that frequency and spike up to 1400 for a few seconds, which since 90% of marquees can't handle causes the phone or app to freeze for a few. so in version 2.0 (when the lockups started) I added a fix so the cpu never goes past the frequency its set to, and I think for some reason that fix has problems after a couple days and thats why when the lockups start its usually when someone is using a app that triggers the fix, the phone never seems to lock up when your just messing with the home screen or something like that. so my solution for this in build 11 is I no longer have the fix included and I disabled the freq's 1380 and 1400. so hopefully this solves the problem.

cool im going to check it out, but..

Im 90% sure i have screwed up my processor along the line. i tried megatron rom to see what happens and it was completely unusable for me the cpu was always running high even on stock settings, so i flashed hyper 2.0 and stock settings were fine but any overclock crapped out.

I like ctmod way better so i got 3.75 back on now but ya I dont think I should be reporting any buggyness any more.

Do you mean the zip is for boost version?
because i have a sprint marquee, but not activated with any carrier.

you can still use it. it will just say LG855 instead of LS855 in about phone and GooManager will think your on the boost rom, other than that boost and sprint build.props are the same.

Back
Top Bottom