• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

Just an update bloodawn, about halfway through the day today I thought through what you said an uped the min from 220 to 300 and all seems to be well again No text message bug, besides the camera thing which is not enough to make this not my daily driver, still on the first boot after installing the kernel so, so far good job man.

I had to do a battery pull this evening after running v.12 for about 36 hours. Sio/ondemandx 220/1000. I was browsing threads in tapatalk and started to notice some lag in the touchscreen responsiveness that kept getting worse. Then the screen wouldn't come back on even after waiting a while. Had been running great before that.

not very fancy since I dunno what I'm doing but I got this much working lol

screenshot-1361949626090_zps0781c491.png

screenshot-1361949634020_zpsc6f0eea5.png

screenshot-1361949641259_zps415f6fd1.png

screenshot-1361949648998_zps4569be2f.png

So phone just got really hot and locked up, running the 12rc1 build with megatron rom and the frequencies you recommended bloodawn. So battery pull at about 39hrs. It was just sitting in my pocket pulled it out to use it and thats when I noticed the condition.

Edit: Notice on the app No frills cpu control that the phone has spent some time at 1.36 despite being set at 1200, so im thinking like you said my phone does not like those faster speeds and it just spent some time up there and got hot.

My phone spent some time at 1.36 today as well. Had it on smartass v2 300 to 1k. My phone can handle those higher speeds so it didn't lock up but was running quite hot, in fact that's the only reason I noticed it. I'm on Megatron too, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it?

RC1 has 36 downloads. 3 people had to do battery pulls at around 40 hours and 1 just had the phone get hot. anyone else experience these issues?

Update, my media player was skipping during playback. Decided to try a reboot to see if that would fix. It locked up during reboot and wouldn't power off, had to battery pull. Worked fine after reboot.

I think my phone locked up while it was playing an hour long lecture in my car, but it recovered in five or so minutes.

SmartassV2 at .120 - 1.1 Ghz.
SD card is noop and I noticed the cache size keeps dropping to 256. Are you doing that Blood? Maybe it is something on my end.

Oh and my CPU has no reports of going over 1.1 Ghz.

Sorry man I havnt been trying the new builds. Im looking to get a new phone soon tho i just went to hyper 2 & stock settings for now until I get the new phone in.

RC1 has 36 downloads. 3 people had to do battery pulls at around 40 hours and 1 just had the phone get hot. anyone else experience these issues?

I had to pull the battery once and am noticing extreme lag when running some apps. I am on SIO and smartassv2. Also I did notice that Voltage Control reported that my CPU was stuck at 1300 Mhz even though the max was set at 1000.

Just had to do another battery pull. I was browsing web pages with boat browser and it locked up. The phone has been on since my last battery pull a couple of days ago.

heres my shitty kernel app: Goo.im Downloads - HKToolbox_0.1.apk

it controls the frequencies, governor, scheduler, zram, fsync and sd-cache. all settings applied with the app will automatically set during boot except for the scheduler.

make sure you delete the HK init.d script btw since its no longer needed.
Great work! Doesn't seem to remember my scheduler setting through a reboot though, am I doing something wrong? Otherwise everything else works great. Hopefully this will fix my lockup problems. Thanks!

Great work! Doesn't seem to remember my scheduler setting through a reboot though, am I doing something wrong? Otherwise everything else works great. Hopefully this will fix my lockup problems. Thanks!

Do you mean the part in red:

Originally Posted by Bloodawn
heres my shitty kernel app: Goo.im Downloads - HKToolbox_0.1.apk

it controls the frequencies, governor, scheduler, zram, fsync and sd-cache. all settings applied with the app will automatically set during boot except for the scheduler.

make sure you delete the HK init.d script btw since its no longer needed.

I have been testing with all my apps, camera, chat, mms, etc and so far I have experienced no problems. By the way thanks for the app I will download and install it tonight and let you know how it works for me.

I have been testing with all my apps, camera, chat, mms, etc and so far I have experienced no problems. By the way thanks for the app I will download and install it tonight and let you know how it works for me.

I think that the lockups with apps only happens with low level of free memory after a certain quantity of hrs on.

I went ahead and flashed the newest build. Gonna see what's up. So far it's working well. Thanks for the sweet new HK Toolbox bro!! I've got that booger installed right now with everything activated and it's working GREAT!!:D

I went ahead and flashed the newest build. Gonna see what's up. So far it's working well. Thanks for the sweet new HK Toolbox bro!! I've got that booger installed right now with everything activated and it's working GREAT!!:D

Wet which rom are you running right now?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Wet which rom are you running right now?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

I'm running Megatron 6.1.1. Seems to be working just fine too. What's up?

Also, Blood... I just rebooted and the HK Toolbox held my cpu settings. Min 120 and Max 1300, Gov-lagfree, and i/o- SIO. The scheduler held. :)

Back
Top Bottom