• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

Still having lockups with camcorder with 11. It records anywhere between :40 seconds and 1:20 min. Then the screen freezes. It will slowly go back to home menu if I try to backout of the camera. However it then fill not go back to the camera and will eventually force quit camcorder. Then I am also, at least with quikpics unable to even access the sd card.

Still having lockups with camcorder with 11. It records anywhere between :40 seconds and 1:20 min. Then the screen freezes. It will slowly go back to home menu if I try to backout of the camera. However it then fill not go back to the camera and will eventually force quit camcorder. Then I am also, at least with quikpics unable to even access the sd card.

thats it tho? if you can get out of it the phone isn't freezing, just the app. that might actually a rom bug.

if you can get it to FC again can you get a logcat of the error?

edit: can your phone handle the frequency 1360? or does it start lagging real bad when you switch to it.

So far seems to be the only issue. The only reason I think it could be related is different kernels seemed to have it happen more or less depending on which one. However, it always happened. I will run 1360 all day tomorrow. And yes I will 100% be able to get it to crash again, I will get the logcat up tomorrow as well.

Edit: here is the pastebin of the logcat http://pastebin.com/Wp7jguRA
It is basically me starting logging, running camera until it locks up, returning to home screen until the camera force quits.

Just to let you guys know I have the boost marquee, I used the hyper3 with the megatron rom, it worked ok. I didnt pay much attention to the time but it seemed about 24 hours on average before it would lock. Once when I tried to open up the messaging app. I was running the cpu at 1200. Also the camera would flash the screen if I switched between front and rear or camera and camcorder. The odd part is that if I loaded flipboard it would do the same thing, closing it stoped the flashing. To all the devs, I have a linux box and consider myself pretty skilled with a high desire to learn more and contribute so let me know if there is something I can do, including learning and I will do it.

Edit, Once I read it back to myself it sounded a little overboard, im pretty good with linux software, servers and processes, the kernel and android devel I know very little about but really want to help.

So far seems to be the only issue. The only reason I think it could be related is different kernels seemed to have it happen more or less depending on which one. However, it always happened. I will run 1360 all day tomorrow. And yes I will 100% be able to get it to crash again, I will get the logcat up tomorrow as well.

Edit: here is the pastebin of the logcat 12-31 18:01:09.601 I/SystemServer( 1380): System Content Providers 12-31 18:01: - Pastebin.com
It is basically me starting logging, running camera until it locks up, returning to home screen until the camera force quits.

theres no force close or anything in the log. it just shows you starting the camera then switching to video and starting to record.

hmm. Not sure what I did wrong. Started logcat record. Went through everything then stopped it after the force close and uploaded the entire file. I will try again.

Hello, I'm brand new to the Marquee and CT. Thanks Blood and all!

Not that this helps, but I did a test recording of video with stock app on version 11 and it worked fine for me for lengths over 3 minutes.

I've also been able to run some processor intensive apps, I think, like Dead Space, with no lockups.

I/O = deadline
Governor = ondemand

min=220
max=1360

Been up about 24 hrs.

I did freeze on version 9.

Looking forward to your enhanced version of the rom.

Only problem I have had is with Amazon Prime It seems to lock up after about 10-15 seconds of playing. Ironically Netflix, Dish Anywhere and Bubble UPNP play great without any problems. I tried it on my Wife's phone and had the same result then flashed back to version 9 and the problem seems to be present in version 10 and 11.

all my beta builds will be for GB rom's only, once we get something final I'll do one for JB too.

while testing beta builds:

DO NOT add anything to init.d and DO NOT use any apps that change or tweak anything other than the frequency/governor/scheduler.

also, please keep your phone on for at least 3 full days after flashing and if your phone locks up and requires a battery pull, post here with what governor and frequencies you were using and how many hours the phone was on.

Build 12 RC1: H4Beta12RC1.zip

patched to version .14
built with linaro 4.6
compressed with lzma
overclock code
GPU overclocked from 200 to 300
dvfs and smartreflex patched to work with my frequencies
governors and schedulars
fsync disabled
cleancache, frontswap and zram
zram enabled
jhash, sha1 and rcu updated
fs/vm tweaks and patches
flashlight fix
cleaned makefiles and defconfig

all my beta builds will be for GB rom's only, once we get something final I'll do one for JB too.

DO NOT add anything to init.d and DO NOT use any apps that change or tweak anything other than the frequency/governor/scheduler.

also, please keep your phone on for at least 3 full days after flashing and if your phone locks up and requires a battery pull, post here with what governor and frequencies you were using and how many hours the phone was on.

patched to version .14
built with linaro 4.6
compressed with lzma
overclock code
governors and schedulars
fsync disabled
zram enabled
fs/vm tweaks and patches
flashlight fix

Wow you really worked a lot on this one!.. Thanks

Wow you really worked a lot on this one!.. Thanks

Most of it I've already done before so I just had to add my changes back, was waiting till the cpu problem was fixed to do it. Some stuff is new tho so hopefully it helps a little lol.

patched to version .14
built with linaro 4.6
compressed with lzma
overclock code
governors and schedulars
fsync disabled
zram enabled
fs/vm tweaks and patches
flashlight fix

Just did flash so not sure about bugs, but just wanna say, its feeling alot smoother than the others for some reason, maybe its just me.

Hey blood just wanted to let you know I flashed Megatron and have had no camcorder issues... However, I did flash ctmod back and had them again. Then back to Megatron and none. Not sure where the problem lies.. but perhaps something semi specific to my phone.
As for the subject of this thread; Build 12 is running great and zero problems so far.

Hey Blood,
Just put 12 on with the Megatron rom, plugged in I had 41% battery, after install of kernel and reboot I have 11, just odd. My camera still makes the screen flash if I switch modes, and can be cleared by closing. Flipboard also makes the screen flash like when I switch camera modes. What Governor and Scheduler would you recommend for this kernel?
Set to 1.2max and 300 min smartassv2 and noop-get allot of wierd problems if I go above 1.2.

Hey Blood,
Just put 12 on with the Megatron rom, plugged in I had 41% battery, after install of kernel and reboot I have 11, just odd. My camera still makes the screen flash if I switch modes, and can be cleared by closing. Flipboard also makes the screen flash like when I switch camera modes. What Governor and Scheduler would you recommend for this kernel?
Set to 1.2max and 300 min smartassv2 and noop-get allot of wierd problems if I go above 1.2.

your battery stats were probably wrong and rebooting corrected it. as for screen flashing, I don't know, it doesn't happen to me with CT and I haven't heard of anyone else mentioning it.

try max: 1200, min: 220, lionheart and deadline.

Had no problems with b11.
Tried out the camera to see if I had the same problems and gundark, couldn't replicate a screen flash or freeze.

Just flashed into 12R1. Good luck everyone.

So maybe my phone is wacky. I just got a text, twice, both times it played the sound about ten times, became non responsive for a second and then went back to normal.

So maybe my phone is wacky. I just got a text, twice, both times it played the sound about ten times, became non responsive for a second and then went back to normal.

the phone probably uses one of the 1300 freq's when that happens or you switch camera modes and since you said your phone can't do over 1200 its making it lag till the task is done.

for the main release I'll probably do a couple builds with different frequencies.

making a kernel app lol

screenshot-1361866647172_zps58b8d9ab.png

Awesome, was basically about to ask you if there was a way to set the max freq to a very safe level.
Such as 1200.

With RC1 I am still having problems that aren't complete lockups but the phone becomes staggeringly laggy/freezy and I end up needing to pull the battery because even going into menu and restarting doesn't actually ever restart, just sits at the powering down screen.

Hopefully its just that my phone is not stable at any freq remotely high. Otherwise perhaps is a hardware issue and I may try and get a replacement.

The only variable I could also think of is I am using a 32g sdcard. However, I assume that's not terribly uncommon.

Awesome, was basically about to ask you if there was a way to set the max freq to a very safe level.
Such as 1200.

With RC1 I am still having problems that aren't complete lockups but the phone becomes staggeringly laggy/freezy and I end up needing to pull the battery because even going into menu and restarting doesn't actually ever restart, just sits at the powering down screen.

Hopefully its just that my phone is not stable at any freq remotely high. Otherwise perhaps is a hardware issue and I may try and get a replacement.

The only variable I could also think of is I am using a 32g sdcard. However, I assume that's not terribly uncommon.

I'm sure its just your phone not being able to use anything over 1200 and when it spikes to 1300ish for certain tasks its making it do that. I'll figure something for the phones that are that way.

Back
Top Bottom