• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] KoumaKernel 2.5

if your talking about the ciq remover it works fine with the kernal if you install it correctly

Thanks Bloodawn,
I spent almost an hour trying to reproduce Stlouizsin's issue, but I kept running into problems just trying to get CWM installed. Turns out I was skipping a step, I blame staying up too late :)

What can we expect from future releases? Any plans?

I'm still learning quite a bit. There is a good group of people that have helped quite a bit with this, and at the moment I am trying to return the favor. One of the things I'd like to do is clean out a lot of references to things that don't exist in this phone(that is, if there is anything to clean out). I think it might improve boot times.

I'm still learning quite a bit. There is a good group of people that have helped quite a bit with this, and at the moment I am trying to return the favor. One of the things I'd like to do is clean out a lot of references to things that don't exist in this phone(that is, if there is anything to clean out). I think it might improve boot times.

I haven't tried this yet, but keep up the great work. It's always nice to see a new face in development.

Just put up version 0.2
Seems that some things can require CIQ when the system initializes.
I put the init code back in for CIQ and it seems to clear up the cause of most of the bootloops.

i am running honeycomb theme with ciq removed, and just installed this kernel with no problems whatsoever. running smooth and a little snappier.
great job! thanks

isn't iqmsd the only file it calls for? cause I removed it from the phone with 3.0 of my remover

Yeah, but I ran into an issue when I installed my kernel that had iqmsd removed and then tried to install shabbymod. It got stuck at the boot animation and the boot log seemed to indicate that SprintAndroidExtension.apk was stuck trying to run CIQ
I put iqmsd back in and shabby loaded perfectly

it kinda boils down to, pre-ciq removal, run 0.2. After CIQ removal, install 0.1 for absolute obliteration of CIQ. But a factory reset seems to cause the things still looking for it at init to hang, so until they are all tracked down and squashed, doign a factory reset would mean goign to koumakernel 0.2, flashing a ciq enabled theme, flashing a CIQ removed theme, and then Koumakernel 0.1

Kouma, I finally Odined .01 last night, and I must say GREAT JOB. The phone is running great and all is good until the next breakthrough development. LOL.!!!!!! Thank-you.

I still have the file, but using odin to root always gives the Google auth error no?
I'm uploading to MediaFire now

Just install kouma kernel 0.2, partitioned my 32gb sd card, the partition goes trhough fine, the format does too, but when I do to mount it I keep getting errors mounting the sd-ext? Any ideas why?

Just install kouma kernel 0.2, partitioned my 32gb sd card, the partition goes trhough fine, the format does too, but when I do to mount it I keep getting errors mounting the sd-ext? Any ideas why?

No clue really. maybe try a smaller partition size? I only have an 8 gig card, and I split it 4 and 4 and did not run into any issues.
Can you tell me the exact error that you're receiving?

In clockwork I get and error trying to mount the sd-ext. When I I boot my phone it boots fine and everything, but my link2sd doesn't work anymore. I tried recreating mount scripts and none go through, and after trying to re-partition my card down to 128, with 0 swap space my ext4 partition comes up as other when I check it using Mini Partition tool and GParted on Linux.

In clockwork I get and error trying to mount the sd-ext. When I I boot my phone it boots fine and everything, but my link2sd doesn't work anymore. I tried recreating mount scripts and none go through, and after trying to re-partition my card down to 128, with 0 swap space my ext4 partition comes up as other when I check it using Mini Partition tool and GParted on Linux.

Hmmm, can you try it again with Hroarkernel installed. I don't think the issue is related to anything in the kernel

Back
Top Bottom