• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS770][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Overclocked

Not sure what you did, but you can only get morning call on a kernel that hasn't been loki'd. I agree though, might be time to hang up the motion. Many good deals on phones right now. Even some nice used ones on ebay.

If you got some coin though, Nexus 5 is the way to go.

I tried running without the loki's kernel for a little bit but lasted about a day. Ive been trying to stay on stock because is more stable than the CM builds(and because not much work is being done on them) n its either i get morning call or the screen doing the flickering thing. ive done like 20 fresh installs i every combination possible but as soon as i flash the kernel it starts to act up. I back on PG's 9/03 build for now. saw that the HTC Pico/Explorer has KitKat working so it gave me a bit of hope for the motion.

Upvote 0
I set this latest version to the Conservative.But its not allowing me to change the Up or Down Threshold settings.
Perms seem fine. Tuner apps wont change them.init.d settinfs dont work.Neither does writing directly to the file witb root explorer or roor browser
Normally these setings are changed easily

Edit
After tinkering some more i found it is modifiable.Just very limited to the range of settinfs it will accept

Upvote 0
I set this latest version to the Conservative.But its not allowing me to change the Up or Down Threshold settings.
Perms seem fine. Tuner apps wont change them.init.d settinfs dont work.Neither does writing directly to the file witb root explorer or roor browser
Normally these setings are changed easily

Edit
After tinkering some more i found it is modifiable.Just very limited to the range of settinfs it will accept
You just have to know how to edit init.d scripts. It's not the same for all phones.

Also if you're using a cpu app it overrides init.d scripts. You can't use both unless you set read only perms in your script for some settings. If you want to use a script only then go to app manager and wipe data for your cpu app.

Here's a sample of how to change some settings with a script I made. You can copy/paste into a text editor and change the values if you like. Just edit what's in green.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

# CPU Tweak init.d Script by GameTheory

[B]## GOVERNOR[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]interactive[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]interactive[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

[B]## CLOCK MAX[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]1512000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]1512000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

[B]## CLOCK MIN[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]384000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]384000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

[B]## SCHEDULER[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]cfq[/COLOR]" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

[B]## Enable CORE 2[/B] [B]at all times.[/B]
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]1[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

Upvote 0
You just have to know how to edit init.d scripts. It's not the same for all phones.

Also if you're using a cpu app it overrides init.d scripts. You can't use both unless you set read only perms in your script for some settings. If you want to use a script only then go to app manager and wipe data for your cpu app.

Here's a sample of how to change some settings with a script I made. You can copy/paste into a text editor and change the values if you like. Just edit what's in green.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh

# CPU Tweak init.d Script by GameTheory

[B]## GOVERNOR[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]interactive[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]interactive[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

[B]## CLOCK MAX[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]1512000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]1512000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

[B]## CLOCK MIN[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]384000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]384000[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

[B]## SCHEDULER[/B]
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]cfq[/COLOR]" > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/scheduler

[B]## Enable CORE 2[/B] [B]at all times.[/B]
chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo "[COLOR=DarkGreen]1[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
chmod 444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online

Never mind

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Gametheory, I have a backup of version f stock rom i very much gutted. I want to post a link for everyone to download and use.
I think my backup may contain the kernel as well.(not Sure)
If it does it is your latest Kernel.
I wanted your permission before i posted the link publicly.
Sorry bro, please don't include the kernel in your rom just let users flash it seperately if they want. I've given permission to someone else already.

Upvote 0
"When There's Freedom, There's Potential..."

Credits to me
6461.png

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
GT, thank you so much for this kernel! Its so awesome.

Sorry for the noob-like question, but does flashing a new firmware (like G, for example) erase, overwrite, or affect the kernel in some way? Lol, I'm afraid I'll brick my phone if I flash g and the freedom kernel somehow gets overwritten since I deleted a lot of bloatware.

This kernel is compatible with all firmwares as long as you flash it after you have the firmware of your choice installed first.

If you install g firmware through kdz method then you'll be fine and would just have to flash the freedom kernel afterwards. KDZ installs all apps back and stock kernel as well.

If you install g firmware by OTA then you would probably have to install all apps back and stock kernel first. I can't say for sure since I don't own this phone.

Reactions: Airfluff
Upvote 0
GT, thank you so much for this kernel! Its so awesome.

Sorry for the noob-like question, but does flashing a new firmware (like G, for example) erase, overwrite, or affect the kernel in some way? Lol, I'm afraid I'll brick my phone if I flash g and the freedom kernel somehow gets overwritten since I deleted a lot of bloatware.

Yes Game Theory is right... I haven't used my motion in a while... But if you install the kdz firmware you should be fine and should only have to reflash his kernel and cwm recovery again. If you flash the firmware through OTA it is definitely possible to break the ota. It's just safer to restore back to stock and resrore any removed stock apps/kernel, just in case of a security ererror and or brick.
Take a look here - http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/610609-guide-unbrick-unroot-lg-motion-4g-kdz.html

Reactions: Airfluff
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones