• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][UPDATE: 05/24/2012] bKernel-v2.3 & bKernel-CM7-v2.3 - 2.6.32.59

wats the diff between this and oc kernel for cm7?

Well bKernel CM7 may not even boot on the new CM7 builds because I haven't updated it in a very long time. The other bKernel is for the stock based ROMs. I am working on updating my CM7 kernel to work on the newer ROMs. Differences are just things included in the kernel and the way we build them(i.e. toolchains used to compile them, governors used, schuedulers available, various tweaks included, etc.)

I have update the FroYo kernel to v2.0!! I promise its the fastest kernel available for FroYo. I have patched the sources up to the Linux kernel 2.6.32.59 which is as high as you can go in the 2.6.32 kernel. I am still working on getting my CM7 kernel updated and I haven't got to test it yet on the new CM7 builds, but I will!!

Enjoy!!

I have update the FroYo kernel to v2.0!! I promise its the fastest kernel available for FroYo. I have patched the sources up to the Linux kernel 2.6.32.59 which is as high as you can go in the 2.6.32 kernel. I am still working on getting my CM7 kernel updated and I haven't got to test it yet on the new CM7 builds, but I will!!

Enjoy!!

About to flash it now thanks! :)

Have you tried it out? It's pretty fast for real. I never OC on any kernel, but on this one you really don't need it. It flies!

4-1.png
2-1.png
1-1.png

Have you tried it out? It's pretty fast for real. I never OC on any kernel, but on this one you really don't need it. It flies!

Nice! You're not getting random reboots after applying the 2.6.32.40 patch? I was getting random reboots and haven't had a chance to look further into it yet.

Not so far. Was you trying it on CM7? Cause I have got a couple random reboots on CM7 even on older kernels. But yeah you can use my commits on my github to patch yours up mantera. I had to resolve some patch rejects in some of the files, but for the most part it went smooth after I got my source lined out with all the missing arch's and documentation files!

Not so far. Was you trying it on CM7? Cause I have got a couple random reboots on CM7 even on older kernels. But yeah you can use my commits on my github to patch yours up mantera. I had to resolve some patch rejects in some of the files, but for the most part it went smooth after I got my source lined out with all the missing arch's and documentation files!

Yeah. Cm7 and cm9. Something in them must not like something in that patch.

It's not a complain, just want some help
When I install this kernel and reboot the phone it doesn't work, I need to install another kennel to get my phone working again, I tried the 1.01 and 2.0 versions already, and the phone get stock with the M logo, and never boot

What ROM are you using?

If you are on a CM7 ROM, even my CM7 kernel at the moment is likely not to work because of how outdated my CM7 kernel is compared to where the CM7 builds are at currently, however as we speak, I am building a CM7-v1.2 of my kernel that works with Whyzor's and g60's latest CM7 builds, and included all my wonderful bKernel features.

If you are on FroYo, either 1.01 or 2.0 should flash and boot up fine. Please tell me what ROM you are using as well as any modifications. Also did you wipe anything before flashing?

Nice! You're not getting random reboots after applying the 2.6.32.40 patch? I was getting random reboots and haven't had a chance to look further into it yet.
Hey whenever you applied patch 2.6.32.40 did you have any conflicts in the drivers/mmc/core/core.c and drivers/mmc/core/host.c, because I did, and I had to go in and fix the conflicts. That may be where the issue came from. Some of the changes in the .40 patch were already implemented in our kernel source, but some wasn't. If you want you can use my commit for the 2.6.32.40 patch. I know it works stable on FroYo, and I'm testing my CM7 kernel now. I had to mess with the initram to even get it to boot lol! My kernel was a little outdated!

I have updated the CM7 kernel to v1.2 and it boots and runs great on the newest CM7 builds! I tested it on g60's r04 CM7 build and it ran great. Haven't put to much testing into it, but it should be stable. It has the latest fixes and updates from mantera's and Whyzor's kernels, plus all the features of bKernel 2.0 for FroYo. It is a very fast kernel IMHO, and it should run great on any CM7 build!

Enjoy everyone!

Just flashed the updated v2.0 bkernel for Cm7. Now stuck on splash screen. I am running the latest g60 ro4 rom. I can boot into cwm. Please help?

Thank you for the quick answer
I'm using stock Froyo
I'm not interested in getting a customized/upgraded ROM
I'm trying to get running Ubuntu with my phone, that's is why I wanna try this kernel, does this kernel support "loop"?

Back
Top Bottom