• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Leandros Experimental Thread : Experts Only

@mastermind that issue was already traced out when i beta tested at the first place,
but karan said that he can correct it if u get the logcat
unfornately my phone from the first day did not have working debugging mode
hence i did not provided the log cat
and one more thing as per instructed in script , affter flashing the leo31.zip
your system, partition must get converted to ext2
you can confirm if this has taken place by simply backingup the the device and then see if it has .ext2.img extension
i never got the ext2.img on my A70

so i think just the log cat ,a and if ur device is converted to ext2 or not info wil be info
these was the place where i stopped at
thought this may be helpfull!

Upvote 0
OOOOO o_O .
I love experimental subjects :D .

Where there is a file ,there is a file system .
Android default SD card file system is vfat .

You can "officially or technically " format it to ext2 or ext3 .
The speed difference between vfat and ext2 is quite much .

There are two problems though .
A .)Windows wont recognize the SD card when you use USB mass storage .You will have to resort to adb push and pull for every single file transfer .(Not a biggie though )
B.)SD card is not Hard disk drive !Even with Forced file system check ,ext2 and ext3 is unstable .Your data will be corrupted for sure with ext2 (No journalling ) ,also the same with ext3 .I have no idea ,but ext4 has superior performance .though I would like btrfs personally .
Also ext3 will make short work of your battery .

Though this discussion die give some idea .
Will implement in next build :)

Upvote 0
I will just fix the kernel to support ext3 instead of vfat as alternative File system .So that SD cards can be scanned my :D :eek: .of course support is experimental .
It's not a big issue .

Just upload one of the stock kernel/boot.img working
I want to check something out

Here's the stock boot.img...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39210842/boot.zip

Upvote 0
Alright for next ROM ,I need guys with Dual Partitioned SD card with ext2 as second partition .
If you have some favorite kernel other than stock ,just upload as required .
I will start modding tomorrow evening and the build will be ready by Thrusday noon .

Yeah Karan...i have ext2 as partitoned do u want ext3 as dual partition or ext4 !! but i was experimenting partitions today on my phone with the help of sam but on ext4 in recovery when i mounted it , it stated can't mount otherwise ext2 and ext3 were detected byy link2sd and titanium..!!

Upvote 0
Output :

=======================
> mount (su)
=======================

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock2 /system yaffs2 ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock3 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:1 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:2 /data/sdext2 ext2 rw,relatime,errors=continue 0 0
> #mount
(su)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones