• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Ok -- I can't believe I have to ask this but... Um, why can't I find the Calendar with this ROM? I've installed Gapps -- I have all of the other Google stuff. But I have no Calendar app anywhere. What am I missing here?

Disregard this one. I originally installed the "gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip" mentioned earlier in this thread. I had no Calendar for whatever reason. I just installed "pa_gapps-modular-full-4.4.4-20141025-signed.zip" instead and now I have a Calendar and all seems good as far as that goes.

One little issue... My camera button doesn't do anything and I don't see where I can assign it to start the camera app. Anyone?

The quick button doesn't work with these aosp ROMs. The only thing I've been able to do with it is assign actions to it with PBMC(physical button music control) xposed module.

Well, that's too bad. That kinda kills this ROM for me. We all know this phone is tight enough on space as it is. From what I've read, the links2sd trick isn't that reliable at times. Not sure I want to use this as my daily driver ROM with that limitation.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give this some more thought and decide what to go with.
You can use the Gl to SD app for moving data do the sd works 100 :D

You can use the Gl to SD app for moving data do the sd works 100 :D

I ended up doing one of the hacks with a partitioned 16GB SD card and, so far, all is working well with this ROM. So, looks like I'm all set -- and I'm running Carbon with the hack as my new daily driver ROM.

- John...

hi guys,
the main camera and wifi are not working on my LG F6, its the european version
is there anybody still working on these fixes ?
i appreciate it

So -- as some others have mentioned, I am having a problem with everyone that calls me getting horrible echo -- and, also, at my end, low volume (on both normal and speakerphone modes). Any that had this problem fixed it? There was a replacement Build.prop file posted for people to try -- did that fix the issue for anyone? Or anything else? I tried switching from digital to analog on the mic, but that didn't seem to help.

Open to suggestions. If it can't be fixed, I'll have to go to another ROM.

I wonder how many people might be having this, but not knowing it. I talked to a bunch of people until someone finally told me about the bad echo (because everyone assumes it is at THEIR end). After someone told me, I started asking everyone that I talked to -- and ALL of them were having it. So, it's at my end, not theirs.

- John...

umm, yeah, so what ROMS have you put out, or what contributions have you made to the community

GT is an awesome dev, and Xperion is a good ROM and for you to call it stupid, is pretty ffed up

Hroark, hit me up on Groupme or something, iam off work for the next week, be nice to catch up with ya bro

Well, that's too bad. That kinda kills this ROM for me. We all know this phone is tight enough on space as it is. From what I've read, the links2sd trick isn't that reliable at times. Not sure I want to use this as my daily driver ROM with that limitation.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to give this some more thought and decide what to go with.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe this ROM has anything to do with the inability to move apps to your SD card. I think that pretty much applies to all ROMs Kit Kat based or Jelly Bean based with this phone.

And EVERYONE says the links2sd hack is not reliable...to which I agree...but NO ONE has elaborated (that I've read at least)

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE Links2SD: Worked fine the first few power-ons/restarts. Then, some of the apps just stopped appearing after booting up. Some times some apps would appear, then after a restart, sometimes they would not and others would do the same. I stopped using it because I deleted all of the stock launchers that came with the phone and with Carbon. I have been sold and stuck on the GO launcher for about my last 5-6 phones and although it doesn't seem to play well with the F6, I was afraid that it would be one of the random apps NOT to appear during the next boot thus possibly leaving me in a bootloop.

I welcome any thoughts/corrections on the above blabberings!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe this ROM has anything to do with the inability to move apps to your SD card. I think that pretty much applies to all ROMs Kit Kat based or Jelly Bean based with this phone.

And EVERYONE says the links2sd hack is not reliable...to which I agree...but NO ONE has elaborated (that I've read at least)

MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE Links2SD: Worked fine the first few power-ons/restarts. Then, some of the apps just stopped appearing after booting up. Some times some apps would appear, then after a restart, sometimes they would not and others would do the same. I stopped using it because I deleted all of the stock launchers that came with the phone and with Carbon. I have been sold and stuck on the GO launcher for about my last 5-6 phones and although it doesn't seem to play well with the F6, I was afraid that it would be one of the random apps NOT to appear during the next boot thus possibly leaving me in a bootloop.

I welcome any thoughts/corrections on the above blabberings!

the only happy medium between Go Launcher and Google Launcher is Nova.....

i used to exclusively use Go before the qwerky yet awfully wonderful OK Goolge thingy...... but,Nova has OK Google support now ...but, without the swipe to the left google weather and "stuff"

but, with this phone it's a real fight for me not to use Swype....it does way better translation of my artistic word renderings :)

now if CARBON ROM had another phone app ..that's easier to use for my wife...than i would sport it without Extracurricular opposition

that and the extra files im too lazy to attempt to modify ..i tried without success ..i know i probably did'nt make em rw-r-r or somthing simple like that..

Last edited:
Nova has OK Google support now ...but, without the swipe to the left google weather and "stuff"

Have you tried the google now widget while using nova? It gives you a similar, but not exact effect of the swipe left.

Screenshot...
3931070_orig.png

Just expand the widget to take up the whole screen, and make sure to enable persistent search bar in nova. You can tap on any card to go straight to it. Oh and set it up to show you the things you like (weather, sports, etc).

thanx...i dunno thou......i like to keep my screen blah and clean...

sorry..that sounded rude...i've been up all last night trying to get this phone to jive with some things that should'nt be a hassle......it's perplexing...

i get the lame feeling im going to have to reroot my phone everytime i try another rom from now on

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just want the headset Mic to work....... because it doesn't..... this Rom is perfect just fix the Mic please :( I want this as my daily driver because everything works so perfectly or tell me what headset you're using because it's not working on any of mine.

Just noticed that MPCS has the LG F60 for $100. Comes with KK 4.4.4. Spec-wise it seems the same as our F6 but has a different chipset and GPU. Who knows if LG will ever release 4.4.4 for the F6.
The specs are worse. No gorilla glass smaller battery worse screen it's not worth it

The specs are worse. No gorilla glass smaller battery worse screen it's not worth it
U are totally right.. Brand new christmas present for wife n screen its already broken ... She drop keys on top of it... What a manure....

Attachments

• 1420349347893.jpg
    1420349347893.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 89
U are totally right.. Brand new christmas present for wife n screen its already broken ... She drop keys on top of it... What a manure....

Lol exactly I was considering buying then I noticed no gorilla glass and knew it wasn't a good deal the f6 is the ultimate budget phone.

i cracked my f6 screen after a year fell on concrete.dropped it many times and its never broke lol.ive moved on to the htc one sv for boost,especially since i have gotten in direct contact with one of the main devs and hes not only been teaching me but i inspired him to bring the one back from the dead.i hope this f6 continues in development though.it is a decent phone for the price and still useful for alot of active users.dm i hope you finish your roms and blow things out the water.i have faith.you are an awesome dev

Back
Top Bottom