• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Asking for su needing update normal version isn't working like it has on every other phone or build Ive ever ran. Wonder if I need to reboot thru twrp to update su thats my only other option beside an update zip.l Keep on my SD card

Wow now I got busybox granted everything but su. Busybox checker says no su in red yet I got it to be granted super user rights in settings like u suggested this is very odd can't setbanything up without su & full busybox su. Damn man

@The-Truth
I don't mean to be a d!ck but good God, please chill out with all your posts. Take some time to really read what's been posted and follow the guides. And don't expect answers 2 seconds after you post...give people time to read and respond. This ain't that hard. And judging by your posts it doesn't appear that you sleep. Again, I'm sorry but I just had to get that out. I saw all the posts and thought some new breakthrough with the ROM had been released.

So I take it one homescreen is all U can have right now on carbon ROM I mean it says And I have it set on 3 screens but one screen is all it allows me. No app drawer app rearrainging at all? Wherever an app lands inside the drawer that's where she stays without a launcher a.

Lol don't think Franko is compatible with carbon ROM I'm searching for somthin better then carbon kernel now. What I just flash over any currant kernel when setting up a new one?

So I take it one homescreen is all U can have right now on carbon ROM I mean it says And I have it set on 3 screens but one screen is all it allows me. No app drawer app rearrainging at all? Wherever an app lands inside the drawer that's where she stays without a launcher a.

I'm able to create a new page on the homescreen when I drag an app from the drawer. The extra pages are trimmed, though, if they're not populated with shortcuts.

As far as I've been able to find, no, there are no arrangement options in the drawer (alphabetical, type, etc.).

Noticed torched doesn't work no big deal really. Are the devs still working on this badboy? if so I'll keep it if not she gotta go

And I never ever use vibrate anyway so glad it doesn't work myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Developers and other experts, may I ask about Apps2SD? I asked previously what it meant for support to be "built-in" but I never got a reply, or I may have missed it.

From what I gather, the SD card needs to be formatted and partitioned, so "built-in support" sounds like after I do that, the Carbon ROM is set up to automatically exploit that formatting. Am I understanding aright?

Another question regards apps that need to run even if the SD card is pulled. For example, I have Prey installed in case my phone gets lost or stolen. If such software gets installed to the SD card automatically without an option to install it to the internal memory, then a thief can easily circumvent the security software by pulling the card. So my question is, does everything get installed to the SD card if one uses the Apps2SD feature?

Thank you in advance.

Omg search widgets sit damn near in the middle of the screen! Wow. This sucks I'm really picky about the features I set up on my devices. Owell atleast it runs really well I must say that. Deffinetly needs some touch ups though REALLY bad too many deal breakers for me. Sorry dev's ur ROM is VERY nice, needs juuuuuuust a few touchups in my opinion but a who the hell am I right?

Last edited:
U might wanna hold off on setting up links2sd if that what ur trying , cuz after u flash ROM ur gonna have to set it up all over again bro

Ur gonna flash Carbon ROM right my friend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dm was saying it was built-in, though. I've been using Carbon for a while, and the "Insufficient storage" has finally caught up to me. I just don't want to flash again without figuring this out. And I'm not sure if I can even use the feature if I can't have some apps installed to the internal memory.

I can't even delete a cache folder from internal memory. Will links2sd even work on this ROM? I'm gonna go re read all available content about this ROM, Any and all kernels that are compatible, as well as any folder mounting/linking any info on any tweaks they know of that work etc. And decide if I'm gonna even continue this SWEEEEEEET! But big deal breaking rom . This ROM is ALMOST the top of the heap material such nice work stunted with the lack of much needed featuring and setup. I'm just gonna say it one last time, Superuser needs an update bad. The devs must not have been able to pull this ROM off using (SuperSU)

Dm was saying it was built-in, though. I've been using Carbon for a while, and the "Insufficient storage" has finally caught up to me. I just don't want to flash again without figuring this out. And I'm not sure if I can even use the feature if I can't have some apps installed to the internal memory.

From what I gather, the SD card needs to be formatted and partitioned, so "built-in support" sounds like after I do that, the Carbon ROM is set up to automatically exploit that formatting. Am I understanding aright?

Another question regards apps that need to run even if the SD card is pulled. For example, I have Prey installed in case my phone gets lost or stolen. If such software gets installed to the SD card automatically without an option to install it to the internal memory, then a thief can easily circumvent the security software by pulling the card. So my question is, does everything get installed to the SD card if one uses the Apps2SD feature?

Thank you in advance.

Built in support is built in KK permissions to enable having app data on SD (disabled by KK). You still have to manually setup SD hack. If you install the SD hack (prefered data expansion method), you wouldn't need link2sd at all. You can install the SD hack without having to reflash/wipe phone data. On install SD hack copies all your phone's data to the SD card and afterwards phone only sees as its internal storage the SD's ext4 partition. If you take out your SD, phone just reverts to loading old data that was on the phone's internal storage. Therefore install SD hack after you set up your phone's crucial apps.

Use this kenel for init.d support and battery fix.http://androidforums.com/threads/me...-f6-lots-of-fixes.880135/page-42#post-6962803
SD hack (can use init.d version after installing kernel above): http://androidforums.com/threads/sd-hack-for-storage-expansion.908126/unread

Last edited:
I can't even delete a cache folder from internal memory. Will links2sd even work on this ROM? I'm gonna go re read all available content about this ROM, Any and all kernels that are compatible, as well as any folder mounting/linking any info on any tweaks they know of that work etc. And decide if I'm gonna even continue this SWEEEEEEET! But big deal breaking rom . This ROM is ALMOST the top of the heap material such nice work stunted with the lack of much needed featuring and setup. I'm just gonna say it one last time, Superuser needs an update bad. The devs must not have been able to pull this ROM off using (SuperSU)

You need to first have root access. SuperSU needs the root binary that was installed when you rooted your phone. If you're already rooted you can just install SuperSU from the Play store and it automatically replaces superuser.

With SD hack (see post above), there's no need to use link2sd.

Last edited:
Not true sir supersu will not take on this ROM superuser is inside settings its not an app persay

But this for the links I have kk fix setup through xposed mod but when I try using a simple standard internal to external SD app to move any allowable apps it won't allow an intefacec to move anything to sd

I'm gonna try superSu app again after all its what I used for root granting up to this rom

Hmmmm I'm gonna try again with supersu but didn't take last time. Doesn't make any sense if this is all true wow

I know what ur saying tho just switch my super using app and binarys but untill somebody proves me wrong.... N no not like I think I'm MR. right I deffinetly don't on the contrary actually I'm hoping u prove me wrong as in my case superuser came built into the ROM I'm on and there doesn't seam to be a way to switch my su app as a result of this.

Get my situation now sir?, man am I hoping that I'm wrong about a fix to switch my superuser (settings) app to chainfires superSU app. But again I have tried and there doesnt to be a way because the way this superuser app is built into the ROM in such a way, again superuser in my case isn't even an app in my drawer at all its a settings option basically and Its not as good as supersu in my opinion and many others. As a workaround of a sort I have to allow instant su rights No button pressing to allow while it has that option its not granting super rights to anything unless I set to auto allow. Kinda sucks. But ya maybe y'all will catch on to my drift as to my sercumstances here

Hi I love the ROM but I have just one problem and was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it. My Bluetooth doesn't work it will try to connect and reset. Thank you for your time

Let me check it out real quick friend an il report back to U. Don't think its working as of now though.

Ur on 4.4.4 Carbon ROM correct? Ya idk Bluetooth works fine on Carbon ROM on my device.

To start from beginning, assuming you have root:

*Do a nandroid backup and transfer to computer, just in case you mess up. Also backup anything you want to keep to your computer because you'll be wiping all data on phone and SD.

Using Windows, a SD reader, and Minitool Partition Wizard Free, make 2 partitions on SD, make sure they're both PRIMARY partitions and not logical):

FAT32 PRIMARY
ext4 PRIMARY

(you can also use the partition-NN zip to create your ext4 partition in the recovery, read the instructions at the link)

Download & transfer to your SD all zip files.
Carbon ROM (April 2015): https://www.mediafire.com/?na5wqnjcgxbk3o4
Gapps: http://gapps.itvends.com/gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip
TWRP recovery by hroark13: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydkmuvih79as3df/LG-F6-TWRP-V3.apk
Kernel: http://androidforums.com/threads/me...-f6-lots-of-fixes.880135/page-42#post-6962803
SD hack install by init.d zip: http://androidforums.com/threads/pr...ge-solution-on-f6.819792/page-13#post-6745954
Useful SD hack utilities:
fsck on demand & wipe dalvik: http://androidforums.com/threads/sd-hack-for-storage-expansion.908126/unread
partition-NN.zip http://androidforums.com/threads/sd-hack-for-storage-expansion.908126/page-5#post-6991206

Then do full wipe of your phone, follow the steps:

1) using TWRP advanced wipe, do a full wipe: data/cache/dalvik/system
2) reboot directly from recovery to recovery, during reboot TWRP will ask permission to install missing superuser (gone due to system wipe), let TWRP install superuser
3) install the carbon rom zip & gapps zip
5) reboot to system, do the setup, install SuperSU from Play store, install all apps you want to have (for no SD situations), update all apps
6) reboot to recovery
7) install kernel zip, then wipe cache & dalvik
8) reboot to system, let it finish loading
9) reboot to recovery
10) install SD hack init.d zip
11) reboot to system

Problems I encountered with this build and how I solved them:

Phone has an echo in-call: change mic to analog, disable background noise filtering

Low in-call volume: set volume step to 60

Sometimes after a hard crash, doesn't load data that was stored on SD card only: SD ext4 corrupted, to fix reboot into recovery and run fsck on demand zip, then reboot into system.

When listening to audio on bluetooth, after turned screen off, sometimes phone would stutter then hard crash: force min CPU speed to 596Mhz.

Default camcorder crashes phone after a couple seconds of recording: don't use camcorder.

Last edited:
I just use aparted to portion I dnt own a pc . n o ya I'm rooted or I wouldn't be running a custom ROM and kernel sir.

But ya so ur saying there's a carbon ROM version that I can install supersu on? Il send a screen shot of my situation here. And I'm sorry if I'm totally wrong bro but I'm pretty sure this ROM is stuck with superuser I've tried installing supersu no PC im not convinced I can make the super user superSU switch but I'm not done researching

See the superuser pound sign in setting there?

Attachments

• 1435275810382.jpg
    1435275810382.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 1435275825371.jpg
    1435275825371.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 101
But ya so ur saying there's a carbon ROM version that I can install supersu on? Il send a screen shot of my situation here. And I'm sorry if I'm totally wrong bro but I'm pretty sure this ROM is stuck with superuser I've tried installing supersu no PC im not convinced I can make the super user superSU switch but I'm not done researching

SuperSU works for me. I'm not sure why you are having problems installing the ROM. However, a full advanced wipe (wipe everything you can wipe in TWRP with SD card removed, then put in your SD card and reboot to recovery) and fresh start should fix.

Back
Top Bottom